Unintended Lust...

That Words...

Crowds start to gather in the hall, searching for their seat to get a better look on the runaway, with excitement to see which new line of fashion will be presented this year. While models have been doll up in the backstage, musics have illuminate the hall, giving a boost to the event.

 

Yongbae walking with the pounding heart, while his eyes observing everything since that his first experience being in the glittering event like that. Glancing over Jiyong and Soo Hyuk, who looks so confident in entertaining peoples with various background putting himself in amazed. There are a few of them that he recognized by the face but most of them he unfamiliar with. Moreover, he still have no confident in communicating, the language barriers makes him choose to be silence. Suddenly, he felt like his body stiffened when he saw Mr. Takumi and his colleagues walking directly towards them. He noticed that Jiyong glaring at him in worried and slowly he move closer to him. That’s not Mr. Takumi that he worried about, but the person beside him is someone that he didn’t expect to be there.

 

"Hello gentlemen.” greated Mr. Takumi.

“Hello Mr. Takumi, Nice to meet you and you too Mr. Choi. What a pleasant surprise seeing you here. Thank you for your support in this event, Mr. Takumi. Your generosity are very much appreciated for company like us, which is still new in this industry.” said Soo Hyuk doing the greeting. All of them sharing a handshake towards each other, and Yongbae could feels that his hand been grip hard by Seunghyun causing Jiyong shooting his cautionary glares toward him.

“Don’t thank me. Thanks to Mr Choi. Sorry I didn’t mention it earlier. That’s Mr. Choi request for keeping it secret.”said Mr. Takumi.

“Owh, really? For us to be noticed by someone like you is such a blessed, Mr. Choi. Thank you once again” added Soo Hyuk.

“I didn’t do it for the sake of the company. I just did it for that person. How have you been, Yongbae? and you too, Jiyong? Glad to see you again.” said Seunghyun while glaring at both of them. Soo Hyuk a bit startled when Yongbae’s name has been mentioned and living him with a curiosity when seeing both Jiyong and Yongbae being silence.

“You two know each other?” asked Soo Hyuk towards Yongbae while pointed at Seunghyun. He doesn’t surprised if it’s Jiyong, but for Yongbae to be known by Seunghyun, the heir of one of the big well known company in Japan, is something that he curious about especially knowing Yongbae’s background doesn’t convince anything. Seeing the atmosphere covers with awkward silent, Soo Hyuk quickly cover up. “Thank you once again Mr. Choi. Hope you can enjoy yourself during this event.”

“Don’t worry, I will.” replied Seunghyun while glaring over Yongbae.

 

Jiyong noticed that Yongbae clenched his fist tightly trying to hold himself when Seunghyun walk pass by him. The smirk that creeping on that guy’s face leaving an annoyance feeling in both of them.

“Are you okay?” asked Jiyong while caressing Yongbae’s shoulder, try to comfort.

Yongbae just nodded his head while calming himself. Soo Hyuk still observing with silence eventhough there are a lot of things he want to ask but he knows in that situation none of them will give him an answer.

 

**********************

 

Yongbae leaving the crowded hall, wishing to take some fresh air outside before someone called him from behind. The person is no other than Seunghyun which makes Yongbae reluctant to stay there.

“Yongbae, please. Let’s talk for a second.” asked Seunghyun when noticed that Yongbae want to leave.

“I believed there is nothing more we should talk about.” replied Yongbae.

“Just once, let me explain everything. I promise I won’t bother you anymore.” plead Seughyun.

Yongbae still hesitate but seeing the face that full of desperation makes him change his mind.

“Okay, ..So, what you want to talk about?” asked Yongbae.

“Can we go somewhere quiet?” asked Seunghyun.

“Sorry, I don’t think I can believe you since what you had done to me before.”

“No, don’t take me wrong. Just somewhere that we can talk comfortably. Coffee house perhaps.”

“Okay.”

 

Yongbae just let Seunghyun guide the way. His heart and mind still can’t feels at ease but he walk with calm seeing a lot of people around. “He won’t do anything stupid in this place, isn’t he?” thought Yongbae silently.

 

“How long have you been working here, Yongbae?” asked Seunghyun when they managed to get a table.

“Just a few months.”

“I can’t believed when the first time I saw you at the hotel before. I thought I saw it wrongly. But, it’s really you. You look quite difference” Seunghyun grasp some deep breath.”So Yongbae, seeing you here really shows that you and Jiyong get along very well. I really envy him.”he added.

“I thought you want to explain yourself.”said Yongbae try to avoid those conversations.

“Even it was too late to say this but still I want to say it to you. I’m really sorry for what had happened that time. I know I had crossed my line. If I know something like this would happened to us, I would control myself from hurting you. But that time, I was really afraid of losing you. I just want you to look at me. You know how much I love you, Yongbae.”

“No matter what, that should not supposely happened between us. We are both guy. I really don’t know what you were thinking that time?”

“Yeah, I know. That is why this regrets won’t leave me. But, there is something I need to know, Yongbae. If that thing won’t happened between us, would I be able to be with you? Will your perception towards me changed?”

“I don’t know. We might still be friend since you were someone that I trusted the most that time. Huh….I really don’t want to remember those moment. I hate it as if I could die.”

“Sorry. I wish I could turn back time so that you won’t suffered those thing. I know there’s nothing I can do, however I really hope you can forgive me, Yongbae. I understand if you don’t want to see my face but I hope you won’t hate me anymore. Within these past years, I keep praying that one day I could apologized directly to you. That is why I agreed to involve in this event because I know, that is the only way I could meet you. Besides, seeing you success in your life makes me feels at ease. I’ll be happy for you Yongbae. I hope you will achieve whatever you want in your life and you will find someone who can cherish you more than I do….and maybe you have actually found that person. So, this maybe the first and the last we sit like this. If someday, it happened that we accidentally meet each other again, I really hope you will not looking at me with that hatred feeling. I just want to ask for your permission to love you. Because that feeling, no matter how hard I’ve tried to get rid of it, it won’t let me. I hope you can understand that. But don’t worry, I won’t force you to accept my feeling. I just want your forgiveness for my wrong doing and being forgiven by you is enough to make me feels relieved.”

 

Yongbae had taken back hearing those things. He doesn’t know how he should react but with that words he can feels the burden in his heart had been taken out.

 

“Hope you take seriously of what you have said. To be honest, that memory slowly been forgotten since we never met with each other. But, it doesn’t mean that I can accept what you had done to me and to forgive you, maybe I need more time for that. I’ve told you that I really hate it. Thinking of it makes me really pissed off. However, maybe because this maturity makes me handling this thing in different perception. For me, sitting with you like this, is something that I won’t do in the past, but here I am now. Who knows in the future how we will interact with each other when we meet by coincidence. The way I treat you will depends on how you have changed. You know what I mean, right? I can’t force you to forget me, because I know when dealing with our own feeling, there’s nothing much that we can do to avoid. However, it still our responsibility to handle it to the best we can. As for now, I want you to know that I will try to forgive you. But to be close like we used to might be impossible for me. Hope you can understand.”

 

“It’s okay. Just knowing that makes me happy as well.”

 

Their conversations has been interrupted when Yongbae’s phone suddenly ringing. Seeing that Jiyong’s name appeared on the phone screen makes Yongbae decided to go back.

“Jiyong ah,..Okay, I’ll be right back.” he said trough the line.

“Erm…Sorry, I think I have to go back. They are searching for me.” said Yongbae to Seunghyun once he hang up and ready to leave the place.

“Wait, let’s go together.” said Seunghyun.

 

**************************

 

All their colleagues looking at the two of them when they entered the hall. Jiyong rushing towards them in hurry with a worry face.

“Where have you been? and why both of you together? Are you okay?” asked Jiyong concerned.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Don’t worry. We just have a little talk.”said Yongbae.

 

A beautiful young lady suddenly approaching them. “Dear, I think it’s time for us to go.” said that lady while holding Seunghyun hand.

“Yes dear.” reply Seunghyun while smiling towards the lady. “So, excuse me first gentlemen. Congratulations for this event. Hope we can do some projects together in the future and thank you Yongbae, for your time just now. I’m really appreciate it.” said Seunghyun while smiling brightly towards them before leaving the hall.

 

Their eyes still landed on Seunghyun, who is just walk away with that lady. Deep in his heart, Yongbae wish to know what relationship does the two of them have but he has no courage to ask until Mr. Takumi suddenly said it.

“I really envy those couple. Their visual is no joke. If I handsome like Mr. Choi, I wish to have fiancé like that too.” he said jokingly.

Yongbae looks at Jiyong, wish to know what Mr. Takumi have said that makes Jiyong look surprised.

“That’s his fiancé.” explained Jiyong towards Yongbae.

“Really? I see…” That statement makes Yongbae a bit flustered. “So, what did he mean by his feeling towards me just now when he is already has that lady beside him?.” thought Yongbae, confused.

 

Yongbae startled when Jiyong suddenly pulling his arm. He looks at his friend, who is staring at him with a frown face. “So, tell me what happened earlier? Why are you with him?” Jiyong asked in worried.

“I will tell you later.” replied Yongbae while tapping Jiyong hand try to calm him down.

 

*************************

 

It’s already past midnight, Yongbae still standing on the balcony, sorting everything that crumpling in his mind. Starting from the memory of Seunghyun, an apology, the regrets, the unexpected news and the most important is…Jiyong.

 

Since that night, they don’t have a proper conversation to discuss of what happened. Both of them, especially Jiyong, seems to keep their distance. It has been a week Jiyong didn’t stay over at his place and when they meet in the office, everything that they had is just work related. He knows he also at fault when he didn’t said anything to comfort Jiyong. Maybe that makes Jiyong felt offended. He just didn’t know how to overcome those problem and he also need a time to settle down his own feeling. But, thinking of Jiyong’s worried face before they parted at the event earlier makes Yongbae felt concerned.

 

Suddenly, the knocking sound clearly been heard from the front door and Yongbae rushing back inside to open the door. Jiyong entered the house with his wobbly walk heading to the living room. “He must been drinking all night.” mumbled Yongbae by himself.

“Jiyong ah, are you okay? How much drink you have tonight? I’ve already told you don’t drink too much. It’s not good for your health.” said Yongbae while supporting Jiyong from fall.

“Yongbae ahhhh…long time no see..(hiccup)…I miss you.” said Jiyong suddenly while pulling Yongbae for a hug.

“What do you mean long time no see? We were together at the event just now.” replied Yongbae, trying hard to balance their feets.

“I miss you….(hiccup)…I miss you…so much..(hiccup)..” mumbles Jiyong on Yongbae’s shoulder.

“Come on Ji, get yourself straight. We might fall in this state.” Yongbae’s struggle himself to hold unstable Jiyong. However, he loosing the balance and fall on his back direct to the floor while holding Jiyong in his arm. His heart skip a beat. The closeness that they had at that time is no joke. He can feels Jiyong’s nose brushing his neck and the reek of alcohol illuminates his senses. However that’s not the thing that he concerned about other than their position and it’s enough to embarrass himself. Jiyong comfortably lies his head on Yongbae’s chest without even bother their situation.

“Ji, wake up. I’m not your pillow.” said Yongbae in flustered voice while pushing Jiyong to his side with his arm still supporting Jiyong’s head.

“Yongbae, that rascal….what he want?…why?…I won’t let you with him…I don’t like it…can’t you understand my feeling…I’m sorry...even I’ve tried…. I’m sorry …I can’t…..just stay with me, Yongbae….coz I like you a lot….can’t we try?…My heart hurt so much… I hate myself….What should I do?....I miss you, Yongbae….sorry…I miss you a lot.” the words keep spating from Jiyong’s lips even his eyes are shut close. His arm wraping tightly around Yongbae’s waist.Yongbae just stay still on the floor. Every words that Jiyong said brings a chill to his body and their position does not help him either. His heartbeat racing crazily while staring at his drunk bestfriend. “Don’t be like this, Jiyong ah. This is all wrong.What should I do about you? I can’t give what you want and I can’t let you go either. How can I keep you close without hurting you?I never get confused like this. Don’t keep forcing me. I’m afraid I will losing my conscience.” thought Yongbae alone while pulling Jiyong for a tight embrace with his tears start to form in his eyes.

 

****************************

 

It’s already noon when Jiyong open his eyes. His head feels so heavy but he forced himself to get up when realized he is in Yongbae’s home.

“Are you awake? How are you feeling? I have prepared some soup to relieve your hangover.” said Yongbae when notice Jiyong walked out from the room.

Jiyong stand still in front of the bedroom door while looking at Yongbae. He still being awkward since it’s been a week he didn’t came to that place. Moreover, thinking about the incident that happened between them before makes his heart feels a burden.

“Sorry, I really don’t remember what happened last night. Don’t know why I am here.” said Jiyong with his worry face.

“No worries. This is your place too.” said Yongbae with his soothing voice. “So, you want to eat now? I will reheat the soup.” he added.

“It’s okay. Let me clean myself first. By the way Yongbae, did I done something weird last night?” asked Jiyong in curious.

“Weird? No…Why?” asked Yongbae while looking at him deeply.

“Ah..it’s nothing, since that I was drunk. I’m afraid if I done something.” replied Jiyong and direct heading to the bathroom.

 

Yongbae release a heavy breath after Jiyong leave him. His heart beat fast until he felt like it will explode when he saw that guy. “What is this? This is really crazy. Why I did that last night?” murmured Yongbae alone while his heart being flustered.

 

That moment suddenly appeared in his mind. What had happened last night was something that he never expected. He just want to carry Jiyong to the bed and help him changed to something comfortable. However, for something like that to happened, it’s really out of his planned. Yongbae grasp his breath deeply while slowly caressing his lips. Last night he didn’t know what got into his mind when he staring at his drunk bestfriend. He realized that he miss having someone beside him. Every night without Jiyong makes him feels so lonely. His mind keep remembering everything that Soo Hyuk told about Jiyong and about unexpected confession that Jiyong made after that still freshly kept in his memory. He still can’t figure out what should he do about it until his eyes landed on those lips. “Jiyong ah, what are you mean to me? I keep denying but I still has fond feelings for you. Aren’t we just friend? Can’t this be something that friend would have? Jiyong ah, I’m really confused right now. I never feels like this towards a guy, but it’s different when I’m with you. Is this love? Is this the same feeling that you hold towards me? I never been in relationship before so I don’t know how it feels. But, if this is what it’s mean, how can I accept it? Don’t you think it’s weird?” Yongbae slowly caressing Jiyong’s hair, who is already in a deep sleep. He keeps staring those pouty lips and slowly leaned closer and without realized their lips already touched. “His lips…Are they always soft like this?” Thought Yongbae with his eyes shut close, savouring those moment and its become deeper when Jiyong suddenly returned those kiss makes him almost losing his stance. He open his eyes in shocked when heard Jiyong little moaned made him realized that he had crossed the border. Yongbae broke the kiss and push Jiyong aside. His body was shivering with fear while looking at Jiyong. He felt a bit relieved when found out that Jiyong still sleeping soundly. “What have I done? I’ve must been crazy. It was so wrong? What the hell happening to me? No…It can’t be like this. We are both guy. This thing not supposely happened between us.” Yongbae rushed to the living room, try to calm himself down. He knew that was his mistake. If he didn’t kiss Jiyong at the first place, he wouldn’t been burdened by those thing. He was very sure Jiyong was too drunk to notice it. However, he still feels guilty about it. Because of that, Yongbae decided to sleep on the couch that night.

 

*****************************

 

Jiyong staring at his reflection on the mirror. He try to recall what had happened last night when he was drunk. He felt something but don’t know what actually it was. 

"Why did I felt like we had shared a kiss? Was it just my dream? But why it feels so real? I must been thinking about him a lot.” thought Jiyong alone while biting his lips. “It’s look like your condition is getting worse, Kwon Jiyong. Before everything being awkward between us, I should get rid of this feeling. But, how?”