Unspoken Truth...

That Words...

“Did you sleep well last night?” asked Yongbae when they sit together at the sofa.

“Of course, never been better. What time have you woke up this morning?”

“Not sure, maybe around 5am.”

“So early? Did you felt uncomfortable having me around?”

“Don’t think like that. I’m used to it since I start working here.”

“Hmm..owh, here is your key.”

“Don’t you read my memo? That one is for you.”

“Really? Thank you.”

That room covered with silent for a while. Yongbae’s eyes still focusing on Jiyong, gazing his bestfriend’s in front of him. His mind still doesn’t believed that he could meet that guy after what they having through all the years. Their position might be different now, as Jiyong become his superior but being with this guy always makes him warm at heart.  

“Yongbae ah, about the thing that you said last night, is it true?”asked Jiyong try to break the silent. Yongbae’s heart flutter when he heard that question. He inhaled a deep breath try to find a better answer for it.

“Did 3 years make you enquire my sincerity? Sorry, maybe I was over reacted last night. But, I was just being honest. I’m really sorry for everything that happened between us.” replied Yongbae while looking deeply toward Jiyong.

“Owh no. Don’t take it wrongly. I’m not doubting you. Just thinking about that makes me really grateful. Feels like I was dreaming.” said Jiyong try to comfort his best friend.

“Should I pinch you instead?” Yongbae’s question makes Jiyong shooks his head with laughter.

While they are having a nice chat with each other, Soo Hyuk entered the room.

“Jiyong, let’s go. We’re having a meeting now. Eh, Yongbae is here too. Good, you also need to join.” said Soo Hyuk but then shooting a sharp glare toward Jiyong without Jiyong noticed.

 

*********************************************

Jiyong return back to his room after the meeting is finished and doesn’t realized that Soo Hyuk follows from behind.

“You’re really different today…” said Soo Hyuk makes Jiyong startled.

“Oh my, I don’t realized you’re here. What’s wrong with you? Why are you keep staring me like that? and why are you keep following me?” he asked.

“Tell me what happened. From this morning you act like a different person, so did in the meeting just now. It’s really different from Jiyong that I’ve known before. Owh yes..what about Yongbae? Last night both of you doesn’t really talked with each other, but you seems close this morning. That makes me really curious.” asked Soo Hyuk.

“As you said, we are going to work together with him. Since he is new here, so I just want to know him better. Last night I don’t have a chance to have a conversations with him, so I call him this morning. Is it wrong? Why are you so curious?” asked Jiyong start feels annoyed.

“That’s the issue. You never care this much towards our staff before.” replied Soo Hyuk.

“Come on, Soo Hyuk. I don’t have time to argue with you. Don’t you have other things to concern about?” Jiyong try to end the conversation.

“What? I’m just asking. Why suddenly you being so sensitive? And you know what? You will act like this when you try to hide something from me.” said Soo Hyuk.

 “Stop that nonsense. It’s nothing. Don’t think too much. You should think how are we gonna make the project achieved a great success.” said Jiyong and reach a bundle of file that need his action, try to stop Soo Hyuk from saying anything further.

“Ok..Ok..I won’t disturbed you. But seriously, you’re really look good when you’re smiling and I think this is the sincerest smile that I’ve seen from you since the first time we met.” said Soo Hyuk before he left Jiyong alone in that room. Jiyong stumble in silent. Soo Hyuk’s last words makes him throwback to the day which they’ve known each other.

The day that Jiyong decided to continue his study was the day that he decided to forget about Yongbae. Back then, he was totally lost hope on waiting and he thought there was no possibility that they could meet again since they live in two different country. He and Soo Hyuk known each other from the first day he entered the class, where he had to sit next to Soo Hyuk. Soo Hyuk didn’t talk much that time when Jiyong try to greet him. However, everything changed after that when Soo Hyuk always be the one who offered him a help in his assignment and so on.  In Jiyong’s point of view, Soo Hyuk personality is totally different from Yongbae. He is such an easy-going person who is always looked so cheerfully. He had a lot of charisma that makes people around him attracted to him and his bright side makes Jiyong feels comfortable having him around. But Jiyong never understand why Soo Hyuk always be seen alone and that’s unbelievably reminded him about Yongbae.

Soo Hyuk is a great guy. How the way he concern about people makes Jiyong felt grateful having him as a friend. Sometimes Jiyong thought that Soo Hyuk was the gift from God to replaced Yongbae and sometimes Jiyong felt guilty towards Soo Hyuk, using him as he could feel the same way like when he was with Yongbae, to fill his empty heart and to cure his loneliness that he had suffered from the lost. The more he wanted to shook his thought on Yongbae the more he kept remembering him when he was with Soo Hyuk. He never mention about his past to that guy. However, sometimes he could feels that Soo Hyuk could read his mind. Since the day he’d been away from Yongbae, smile didn’t really cross his face, emotions left stern. He build a wall in his heart, blocking everyone around him. But because of Soo Hyuk, he slowly break the wall and try to resolve with other people. He always thought that Soo Hyuk is the one that makes him to be the person who he had become today and he is really grateful for that.

 

~~Knock Knock~~

 

The knocking sound on the door bring him back to the reality. His secretary walk in with a handful of document and put it slowly on his table.

“Mr. Kwon, this afternoon you have an appointment with our biggest sponsor for this coming event at Royal Park Hotel. Driver will pick you up at 2.00pm. These are the documents and some of the informations about it.” said his secretary.

“Ok, just leave it there, I will look at it after this.” he said and his secretary leave the room.

It’s already 1.00pm and people start to leave the office for lunch. Yongbae still sit on his workstation focusing on his job.

“Yongbae, don’t you hungry? Let’s have lunch together.” asked Daesung.

“Ermm…it’s ok, you can go first. I need to do this a bit more.” said Yongbae.

“Ok. I’ll go first.” said Daesung and walk to the door. Within a minute the office is already empty, leaving Yongbae alone.

Jiyong walk out from his room and looking directly towards Yongbae. His smile start to form on his face seeing his bestfriend sitting alone at the corner. Yongbae who is suddenly noticed returned back the smile and called up for Jiyong.

 

“Jiyong!!”

 

Jiyong startled when his name has been called up simultaneously between Yongbae and Soo Hyuk, who is walking directly toward him. Yongbae stumble in silent when realized the changes in Jiyong’s face when Soo Hyuk appeared in front of him. Soo Hyuk, who is already stand beside Jiyong look at Yongbae in confused.

“Did you two know each other before this?” asked Soo Hyuk while changing a gaze between Yongbae and Jiyong. Jiyong just being silent letting the question unanswered. Yongbae staring the two person in front of him and focusing on Jiyong’s reaction. His action hurt Yongbae a bit. Yongbae could feel that Jiyong try to hide their friendship from Soo Hyuk and that makes his mind covers with curiosity. “Why?” Yongbae’s mind starts to doubt.

“Yongbae, lets join us for lunch.” invite Soo Hyuk when notice the awkward silent had covered the room.

“Ah…it’s ok, Mr. Lee. I’ve bring my pack.” lied Yongbae and try to smile while saying those words.

“Owh really, you are surely know how to spend wisely.” said Soo Hyuk and directly hooking his arm around Jiyong’s shoulder. “So Jiyong, shall we? You have to rush for a meeting after this.” he added. Jiyong just nodded and let his body mould into Soo Hyuk embraced.

The smile on Yongbae’s face is totally vanished when witnessing the two walk out from the office. He noticed when Jiyong glaring towards him with guiltiness and directly stump to his heart. “So, something surely changed….” thought Yongbae silently.

***************************************

“Jiyong..Jiyong..Kwon Jiyong!”

Jiyong startled when realized that Soo Hyuk calling his name several times. “Yeah?”

“What’s wrong with you? Are you fine? This morning you look so happy but now you spacing out, don’t even answered when I’m calling. What is on your mind?” asked Soo Hyuk and look at Jiyong with curiosity and concerned.

“Ah..nothing. I’m just thinking about something.” replied Jiyong try to hide his feeling.

“Something or someone? Is it about him?” asked Soo Hyuk suddenly.

“What…What do you mean? Who are you referring to?” asked Jiyong in fluttery voice.

“You know who. Jiyong, actually I really want to ask you this. Since I introduced you towards Yongbae, I noticed something. You and him surely have known each other beforehand, right?” asked Soo Hyuk while gazing Jiyong’s reaction.

Jiyong still lock up his words. Silence covers the two of them for awhile. Until Soo Hyuk bracing up.

“He is the one, right? The person that you had called in your sleep when we were still in the university?” said Soo Hyuk directly.

Soo Hyuk’s words struck his heart, his heartbeat start to raising up but his lips still glued together.

“To be honest, one reason that I’ve decided to hire him because his name remind me of the name that you had called up before, and when I looked thoroughly towards his background, I think he is not a bad choice either, so I called him to offer for that position. I just gambling myself but I don’t know that I’ll win.” said Soo Hyuk shooting a sharp glare towards Jiyong. “But, why you hide it from me?” asked Soo Hyuk, want to know the truth.

“When did you noticed?” asked Jiyong.

“This morning when I saw him in your room, the way you look toward each other, and in the meeting room when your eyes always landing on him and also just now, when I heard how he called your name. He always speaks with honorifics with me even though I asked him to drop it down. He said although we are in the same year but still I’m his superior, so he can’t do that. But with you, who is he just met last night, he can speak comfortably without border about the position. Doesn’t it means anything?” explained Soo Hyuk.

“Yes, you are right. We had known each other before I’ve got to know you. We went to the same university while I’m in Korea. To be honest, we were really close back then, but something had happened and we have to take our own directions. I can’t believed that we will meet again. Maybe my prayer have been heard.” said Jiyong while throw his sigh away through the glass window.

“So, why did you hide it from me? I thought between us there is no secret” asked Soo Hyuk still trying to know.

“I don’t know…afraid if you could be hurt.” said Jiyong.

“Hah..why should I? Isn’t that great if having more company, right? Your friend could be mine as well.” said Soo Hyuk while smiling brightly towards Jiyong.

“Are you sure? huh…so, I’m worried for nothing.” Jiyong start to smile.

“But,maybe there is another thing you have to worry about.” said Soo Hyuk.

“What is it?” asked Jiyong with curious look.

“Yongbae.” anwered Soo Hyuk sternly.

“Yongbae? Why?” Jiyong start to confused.

“I don’t know. I just feels that way. I think he need an explaination so that the gloomy face won’t last long.” explained Soo Hyuk.

“Gloomy face? Who? Yongbae? But why?” asked Jiyong continuously still don’t understand the situation.

“Haish…don’t tell me you didn’t noticed it. Whatever, just talk with him whenever you free.” said Soo Hyuk.

**************************************

Jiyong heading rushingly to his room after having their lunch. He has to run for the next meeting. Jiyong glance toward Yongbae when he passed by him and notice that Yongbae just looking at him without reaction even though he throw a smile. “What Soo Hyuk said is true. There must be something that bordered him right now.” thought Jiyong silently while leaving his office.

Yongbae still looking at Jiyong until that guy lost from his sight. He inhaled a deep breath and released it slowly. “Why should I feels like this? I promised him that I will not judged him, but still….why did it feels hurt.” thought Yongbae silently and suddenly his phone vibrates and Jiyong’s message appeared on its screen.

“I asked Soo Hyuk to hand over a pack of lunch for you. Work is important but don’t forget to eat. I’m heading to meeting. See you later. Ahh…one more thing…please smile.” ~Jiyong

Yongbae smile while looking at his phone screen. With that simple message enough to make him feels warm at heart.