Chapter 3

Blood Difference

 

Another Weirdo

Gui Gui can’t help blushing and she was pretty angry at herself for not being able to control her palpitations that never seems to stop. Aaron was right in front of her, nursing her wounds. She couldn’t help but notice his sharp features and perfect complexion.

Gui Gui POV: And that pair of eyes….its…mesmerizing….
‘That should be fine. You can take a rest now.’ Aaron said quietly, ignoring Gui Gui’s very-obvious stares.

Gui Gui tuned herself back to reality as Aaron spoke.

Gui Gui: *gratefully* Thank you. You are so good at first-aid.

Aaron: I am used to injuries, and how to deal with them.

Gui Gui: I thought I heard Wu Xiong said that you disintegrated many vampires without hurting yourself?

Aaron: She’s exaggerating it. Anyway….*he bends down, several inches from Gui Gui* Who are you? How did you know that those were vampires? And you weren’t afraid of them as much as normal humans should.

Gui Gui’s face turned into a deep shade of red again and her heart started racing. She doesn’t know if it was Aaron’s close proximity or his questions that caused this embarrassing reaction of hers.

Gui Gui: *stutters* I…I am just a normal person…..

Aaron: You are not. Tell me the truth and I might be able to help.

Gui Gui wondered if this handsome man standing before her could be trusted. However, she convinced herself into trusting him. After all, she is so tired of being alone and having lots of enemies, mainly vampires.

Gui Gui: Actually….I…

Before Gui Gui could convey the whole story to Aaron, a loud bang distracted her. Aaron signalled her to keep quiet and lay low while he walked towards the window to take a peek at the source of the commotion.

Aaron calmly inched over to the sides of the window and found himself looking at creatures that he irks most. Vampires. There were at least 8 of them at the parking lot.

Some jumped down from the roofs and landed on the cars parked there, thus creating the loud banging sound while others just got out of their luxurious sports cars.

Gui Gui whispered: They own sports cars?

Aaron: *Annoyed* Didn’t I told you to lie low? *whispered*

Gui Gui ignored him and continued: *Whispers* Are they Wu Xiong’s bodyguard?

Aaron shakes his head: *Whispers* One of the vampires on the bus escaped and he had found backup.

Gui Gui exclaimed softly: What? You let one of them escape?!

Aaron turned to look at her: In an attempt to save you from Wu Xiong. *Whispers*

Gui Gui retorted him without making an effort to whisper: Are you saying that I distracted you?

Within an instant, Aaron knew that trouble had knocked on their door. Vampires possess great powers that humans don’t have and one of them is excellent hearing ability. At that point of time, Aaron knew that there was no time for them to plan an escape route as the brutal creatures had already spotted their hiding location, thanks to Gui Gui’s lack of effort to whisper.

Throwing a look of reproach, Aaron ushered Gui Gui towards the bathroom of the motel room and signalled her to lay low and hold her silence. He then stepped out of the room and closed the door behind him as quickly as possible.

At that moment, Gui Gui was burnt with guilt and curiosity. She knew that she was the one who caused their hiding locations to be compromised as she too, knew much about vampires.

However, she let the vital information about vampires having sharp hearing slipped off her mind. She was, thus, filled with guilt as she sees Aaron step out of the room; ready to fight the vampires and she couldn’t do anything about it.

She wanted to know what was happening as she heard cries of vampires and loud bangs now and then. Gui Gui was burnt with curiosity, dying to know what’s going on outside.

Gui Gui POV: What if he is in danger? I would be the one who got him into this mess! I should help him!

Just as she was about to leave her hiding place, another thought strike her.

Gui Gui POV: But what could I do? I can’t even hold a knife properly, much less to say help him to deal with the brutal vampires. He would have to worry about me if I were to be there.

Gui Gui leaned against the wall, sighing. She was definitely in a dilemma. However, a strong pulse of strength within her made her stand up and walk towards the door. She had decided to fight off the vampires with Aaron, regardless of her ability.

------------------------------------------------------------

Aaron: You don’t obey instructions, do you?!

Aaron shouted out to Gui Gui once she spotted her running towards him. He then stabbed through the chest of one of the vampires that he was dealing with.

‘I only obey logical instructions’ Gui Gui retorted, lying through her teeth.

Aaron ignored her while fending off another vampire which attempted to jump on Gui Gui.

Aaron: You don’t even have a weapon!

Gui Gui: I……

Aaron gave a cry of pain before Gui Gui could answer him.

Gui Gui: What happened?

Aaron turned his back on Gui Gui and said quietly: Nothing.

Without another word, Aaron handed Gui Gui a bottle.

Gui Gui: What’s this?

Aaron: Just splash it on them. It’s toxic to them.

Obeying his instructions this time; Gui Gui splashed the mysterious solution on any creatures that were close to her. Amazingly, the vampires groaned in pain as the solution came into contact with their pale skin.

Aaron then ushered Gui Gui to run after he just disintegrated a vampire. Most of the vampires were disintegrated and Aaron thought that this is the best time to escape.

Aaron: Run! And don’t look back! I can handle them.

Gui Gui obeyed Aaron and ran but she can’t help but turned her head every now and then to check that Aaron is all right.

Aaron looked at the remaining two vampires and said calmly: Who sent you?

One of the creatures spoke, in an eerie high pitch: Nobody.

Aaron: You fought with a purpose, not for blood. I know it.

Another vampire spoke: For that girl, whom you protect.
Aaron continued speaking with his calm tone: What do you want from her?

Vampire: You don’t need to know.

Aaron retorted: If that’s the case, you don’t need to be here anymore.

With that, Aaron stuck his sword into the vampire’s chest and within seconds, it disintegrated right in front of Aaron.

The other vampire ran towards Aaron with his ultra speed and growl at him. It pounced on Aaron like an animal and knocked him down.

The hunter and the vampire struggled for power as they rolled on the floor. Aaron knew that this vampire was not easy to be dealt with. It is the leader of the entire group of vampires.

Gui Gui turned and found herself looking at a terrible sight. She frantically search for a weapon to attack the vampire who was wrestling with Aaron but she was too nervous to think straight.

Gui Gui POV: Weapon…..weapon…..weapon….

She looked around and spotted a hope immediately. There it was, Aaron’s sword lying on the floor. He must have lost grip of it when the vampire pounced on him, thought Gui Gui.

Meanwhile, Aaron was trying his very best to stab his pocket knife into the vampire’s chest but this vampire was not easy to deal with. The vampire growled fiercely with its long sharp canines exposed.

Just when Aaron thought that the vampire was going to sink its teeth into his neck, the vampire disintegrated right on top of him.

Aaron was taken aback by this but within seconds, he understood what happened. Gui Gui was standing right in front of him, with his sword, wearing a shocked expression.

Gui Gui: Did….did I… kill it?

Aaron sighs: Yea, you did. Thanks…

Gui Gui smiled and she helped Aaron up. Just when she thought that everything was over, Aaron collapsed onto the hard rough ground, groaning in pain. He was injured!

Gui Gui POV: That’s why he had been having such a hard time fighting the vampires! But….when….when did this happen?

Just then, a thought strike her. He must have acquired that injury when he was fending the vampire away from Gui Gui!

Gui Gui: Oh my god…how are you feeling?

Aaron was lying on the ground, pressing on his wound in the abdominal region. The vampire had sunk its long and sharp finger nails into Aaron’s flesh, leaving behind the three streaks of exposed wounds.

Gui Gui: Aaron! Aaron! Please….stay awake!

He looked at Gui Gui with his eyes half-opened. Just then, Aaron saw someone standing behind Gui Gui and he warned Gui Gui by pointing to that man. Aaron lost consciousness before he could make out the mysterious figure.

Gui Gui: Aaron! Aaron! *shakes him real hard*

‘Stop shaking him! He only fainted, not die…’ a guy spoke wearily.

Gui Gui turned and saw an unfamiliar face: Who are you?
Without warning, the guy growled at her and revealed his vampire teeth.
------------------------------------------------------------