Chapter 12

Blood Difference

 

Sacrificed Love

She walked along the pathway blindly, simply shocked by what she had just heard. The fact that the famous Hunter Aaron Yan’s partner had become a vampire simply makes her feel that everything in her life could just go wrong too.

Gui Gui could not help but wonder how would Aaron react when he found out the truth. She was puzzled and felt herself caught between the truth and lies.

Should she keep the secret or tell Aaron at once? Gui Gui had no answer to that question that she had just asked herself.

It was already 3 am when she reached the motel room and Gui Gui was taken aback by the scene that welcomed her when she opened the door.

Gui Gui was stunned for words as she rushed towards Wu Xiong, who was lying on the floor, badly injured.

Gui Gui knelt down before her: Wu Xiong….what happened?

Wu Xiong had bruises and cuts on her face but she was healing fast. However, a wooden stake was stabbed through her ribs and she was having a hard time pulling it out.

Wu Xiong: Aaron…..he…

Before Wu Xiong could complete her sentence, Gui Gui scanned the small room with a glance before she knew that Aaron was nowhere in sight.

Gui Gui: Where is he? Who did this to you?

Wu Xiong: It was…Aaron.

Gui Gui was astonished by this world-splitting news and she continued: Why would he harm you?

Wu Xiong: The drug, it had taken effect. The drug had caused his blood craving to increase tremendously over the past hour and his strength increased greatly too. That’s why….we couldn’t stop him.

Realizing the missing of another member, Gui Gui asked anxiously, fearing for his safety: Where’s Xiu?

Wu Xiong: Xiu was badly hurt too but he managed to run after Aaron. Gui Gui….I’m….I’m afraid Aaron might…..

Needless to say, Wu Xiong had the same fear as Gui Gui. Their worst nightmare and fear was about to happen. Both of them knew exactly the risk of Aaron taking in blood for he is a hunter and he might die from blood.

Without another word, Gui Gui rushed out of the room with Wu Xiong calling from behind: Gui Gui! You can’t go! It’s too dangerous!

Ignoring Wu Xiong’s cries, Gui Gui ran blindly out of the motel room. She did not know where to find Aaron and Xiu. She could not think straight in such a circumstance where her mind was clogged with horrifying thoughts of Aaron dying.

Gui Gui followed her instinct and ran out of the motel, believing that the chances of finding Aaron would be greater outside.

It was drizzling but it did not bother Gui Gui for she was too engrossed in searching for Aaron.

She took a right turn into the back alley of the motel, hoping that Aaron would take shelter in the shadows.

To her utmost surprise, she found a figure crouching down and kneeling on the floor. That person seemed to be in great pain and Gui Gui knew instantly, that she had found Aaron.

Without taking her own safety into consideration, Gui Gui rushed towards Aaron and knelt down in front of him.
He was sobbing and clenching his fist while tolerating with his pain.

Upon seeing Aaron in pain, tears welled up Gui Gui’s eyes as she placed her palms on his cheek, hoping to have a clear view of his face.

Gui Gui: Aaron….Aaron.

He looked different. His chivalrous and valiant aura that usually hangs around him had gone and what was left was a pair of red eyes with a sullen expression.

Aaron spoke slowly while shivering in agony: The…..drug…..Gui Gui……get away….from me……I cannot….control myself………I have hurt….them……please……leave me……alone……..

With that, Aaron gave a small whimper as he crouched lower, as if trying to contain the pain that was forcing its way out.

The drizzling had become heavy rain which poured down on the two of them, adding on to their anguish. Tears flowed down her cheeks but Gui Gui was determined to overcome her fear and stay with Aaron regardless of what he had become.

Gui Gui spoke with great determination: I will not leave you!

Aaron: Don’t….I will be tempted….to take your blood…..

Gui Gui: I don’t care if I die. You can still survive after being a vampire. Hebe did!

Gui Gui could not tell if Aaron’s suffering had lightened or deepened as she broke this news to him at such an inappropriate time.

Aaron: I…..what?

Gui Gui: Hebe is still alive! She had become a vampire and she could survive the transformation from a hunter to a vampire even if it was dangerous. I believe you could too! If you become a vampire, the two of you could be together!

Gui Gui could not and did not bother to hide the pleading and bitter tone in her words but she was too determined to let Aaron survive that she did not care what she had just said.

Gui Gui pulled Aaron into her hug and said quietly: Take my blood. Even if you don’t, you might not be able to survive due to the drug’s hypoglycaemic effect. Take it….

The last words seemed to echo the whole alley as the tense silence surrounded them. Gui Gui closed her eyes, preparing for the long sharp canines to sink into her neck. She was, after all, the third party and the last thing she could do for Aaron was to sacrifice to fulfil his true first love.

She frowned and forced her eyes to remain shut as she felt the movement of Aaron as he pulled her closer. Whatever was going to happen, Gui Gui was sure she was ready for it and would not regret the choice she had made……..