Chapter 19

Blood Difference

 

Reunited

Gui Gui opened her eyes lazily as she scanned the room that she was in. It was an unfamiliar sight and the surroundings gave her a sense of coldness that made her shivered involuntarily.

‘Where…am I?’ She asked weakly and started to realize the fact that she was tied against a pillar.

‘Home’ someone replied with gust. It was Calvin.

Gui Gui: Home? Home to whom?

Calvin: You are in the home of the greatest vampire on earth. Have you felt the honor?

‘So you are the servant to that monster?!’ Gui Gui said with disgust and resent.

‘Whatever you want to say, you are dead meat already.’ Calvin said wearily, confident of his words.

This made Gui Gui feel ominous about her safety.

Nevertheless, she said loudly: Aaron will come and he will turn you into dust!

Calvin laughed a sinister laugh before turning to face Gui Gui with his blood red eyes: He? Yea, you will soon see him but…I guess in the same state as you are, or perhaps….worse. *Laughs*

Gui Gui was astounded by his words and she questioned him without the ability to control the fear in her voice: What…did you mean?

Before Calvin could reply, they were distracted by the opening of the stone door of the dungeon. Two figures came into view with one being carried by the other.

Gui Gui received the shock of her life when she finally made up the figure of the person who was being carried into the dungeon. It was Aaron.

‘Aaron! Aaron!’ She screamed at the top of her lungs, yearning for his response and his long lost assurance of her safety.

However, Aaron did not stir nor move a muscle. He remained unconscious and might even look lifeless.

Calvin knelt before his evil master: Master, you had brought him here.

Jiro: Of course I had. Did you reckon I could still trust you after your countless failed attempts?

Jiro snarled reproachfully at his servant which winced upon his master’s discontent.

Calvin: Master, I vowed to serve you with all my life and if it was not for Hebe, I would have accomplished the sacred mission you had bestowed upon me.

Jiro: Enough of excuses! *His voice bellowed in the dungeon* Don’t you dare say anything about Hebe. She, will soon realize the difference between us and humans and she would soon come back to me!

Gui Gui POV: Come back to him? Hebe….was one of his servants? But….

Gui Gui train of thoughts were interrupted by Jiro’s movement as he walked towards her. Calvin followed closely behind his master’s trail.

Jiro grabbed hold of her chin and looked into Gui Gui’s eyes: So, you are the owner of the heirloom? *Scoffed* To think I had spent so much time fighting a weak girl? *Laughed* Aaron Yan thought he could protect you from me and look at the both of you now. Pathetic.

Gui Gui spitted on Jiro with great courage but she wasn’t ‘punished’ for this disrespectful act to Jiro.

Instead, Jiro laughed: Just a spit? Do all you want! After all, you guys are going to be dead soon…..

With that, he turned and ordered his servant: Tie him *points to Aaron* up and let them face each other. In this way, they could see each other suffer! *Laughs*

Calvin nodded curtly and did as he was told but he asked curiously: Master, when are we doing the ritual?

Jiro answered without looking back: When my love arrives….

-----------------------------------------------------------

Color returned to her face as she drank the blood hungrily.

It was not her wish or desire to drink this blood but she couldn’t control the basic instinct that rang within her.

Wu Xiong opened her eyes slowly after she had had her ‘fill’ and was finally able to restrict herself from taking more of her tempting food source.

On the other hand, color was draining from Xiu’s face as he bear with the pain. After all, he was only used to taking blood, not the other way round.

‘Sorry, I shouldn’t have done so….’ Wu Xiong said apologetically with weakness in her tone.

Xiu: No. It was my fault. I had landed you in this state and its only right of me to do so….

Wu Xiong: Xiu, can I ask you a question?

Xiu: Yea

Wu Xiong: Did you really mean it when you were giving me the necklace?

Xiu hesitated and dreaded this moment. He wasn’t sure of what answer he should give for both would eventually hurt Wu Xiong. Whether or not Wu Xiong had saved him, it was different and not comparable to relationship matters.

Xiu mustered up his courage and spoke clearly: Sorry, I wasn’t…

Wu Xiong interrupted him with a smile: I know.

Xiu was taken aback by this unforeseen reaction of hers: What? You…

Wu Xiong: The way you looked at her, I knew. It was pretty obvious isn’t it?

Xiu: I….

Wu Xiong: Don’t worry, I’m not angry nor disappointed. I’m just glad you finally mustered up the courage to stand up for your own feelings. Whether or not Gui Gui is attached, I still believe in fighting for you own love. Perhaps one day, you would move her and Aaron would have to sweat. *Laughs*

Xiu laughed too and this was the first time in these days that he had really laughed to his heart’s content. He felt blessed for Wu Xiong’s company and the Wu Xiong right now seems to be different. He vowed to himself to treasure her forever.

Just then, someone broke into his train of thoughts and he was sure it wasn’t Wu Xiong as the person’s tone was worried and anxious.

‘Guys, Aaron is in danger.’
------------------------------------------------------------
Utterly sorry is an understatement of how i feel. Im really super apologetic for not being able to update for like a gozillian years. Sorry! My life in school is terribly hectic and im just trying to adjust to the school life right now. And 2 weeks into school im already falling sick. I know its no excuse and its bad of me to whine here. lol Im really sorry and i hope (though i know i had) that i had not lost any of you....