Chapter 20

Blood Difference

 

VIP: Vampirism In Progress

Xiu and Wu Xiong turned to face the source of the sound and were surprised to see Hebe standing at the door, looking at them with a worried expression.

Xiu: Hebe? I thought you were with Aaron and Gui Gui?

Wu Xiong continued anxiously after Xiu: And you mention about Aaron being in danger? Then where is Gui Gui?

Hebe sighed as she took a step into the hut: They were both captured by Jiro.

Xiu: Jiro? Who is that?

Hebe signed before replying: He’s the vampire who had been seeking for the heirloom and that’s the vampire whom Calvin works for. He tracked us down and took Aaron away. Gui Gui was also captured.

Wu Xiong was at a loss for words. She could not bring herself to think about the state the two of her team members were in, under the captivity of Jiro.

Xiu, on the other hand, remained as calm as he could as he knew he had to keep a cool head in order to save Aaron and Gui Gui.

Xiu: Do you know their hideout place?

Hebe: Yea.

Wu Xiong exclaimed: Then we should save them now!

Xiu stopped her and said sternly: No. We need a plan. Besides, we are dealing with someone much more powerful than we are and we have no clue how many men he has with him.

Hebe said wisely: He has many followers but none of the vampires were good enough for his use.

Wu Xiong: How about that Calvin?

Hebe: He wasn’t really good enough. But he was of use as he knew about the heirloom too and the poison he invented could bring lots of hunters down.

Wu Xiong: So you mean, that Jiro vampire is on his own? Does that equate to a higher chance of eliminating him?
Hebe: It may not be that easy after all but I know how to stop him.

Xiu: Hebe…. How in the world did you know all of these? Who are you?

Hebe: Xiu….just don’t ask questions. Trust me.

Xiu and Wu Xiong looked at Hebe as doubts stirred within them. They could not control the growth of doubts about Hebe’s stand but they knew they had to trust her. After all, Hebe was so far more of an ally than an enemy.

Xiu: All right, I trust you.

Wu Xiong nodded in agreement.

Hebe: Thanks. Then let us talk about the plan. . .
------------------------------------------------------------

Gui Gui: Aaron! Aaron!

Aaron stirred slightly upon hearing Gui Gui’s cries.

Upon seeing this, Gui Gui called out louder: Aaron!

Aaron opened his eyes slowly and looked around. He was being tied to a pillar and it was impossible for him to wriggle out of the tight ropes that seemed to grab to his body so tightly like a bunch of claws.

Then, he saw Gui Gui across the room, facing him and on the verge of tears. Clearly he knew that those were tears of joys despite the current state they were in.

‘Gui Gui…’ Aaron said with great affection. He couldn’t possibly find any appropriate words to sum up all his feelings for Gui Gui thus all he could say was her name.

As if harboring the same feeling, Gui Gui, too, called out to him: Aaron….

Just then, Jiro came into the room.

Jiro: Two lovebirds? No, that’s not what I see. I am seeing two humans, filthy humans who are going to die tonight!

‘Shut up’, Aaron said while gritting his teeth in anger and staring at Jiro.

Jiro sneered at him as if seeing Aaron as a filthy animal: What place are you in to shut me up? You can’t even move. The poison was a gift of mine, like it?

Aaron felt his anger rise as he stared at Jiro’s disgusting expressions.

Aaron: Your plan had failed. I’m not being turned into a vampire.

Jiro: Well, that wasn’t part of my plan. I just wanted you to have a tinge of bitterness so as to brace yourself before I tell you the real shocking bitter news.

Aaron frowned and was slightly puzzled by the statement his enemy had just made. However, he decided that Jiro was just playing tricks.

Thus, he said coldly in return: Whatever news you have, I’m not interested.

Jiro: Really? *raised an eyebrow* What if it’s about Hebe, your beloved ex-girlfriend?

Aaron’s frown deepened as stared into blank, deciphering if it was wise to ask any questions.

Jiro: Shocked? Well, we haven come to the best part yet. We haven even come to that part where how she had been playing you guys around like a toy puppet…

Gui Gui shouted from across the room: You know nothing about Hebe! She is a good person! Don’t you dare insult her!

Jiro: Insult? *scoffs* I wouldn’t ever insult her but…the truth is…. *smirk* don’t you guys wanna know about the truth of her being turned into a vampire?

Aaron held his silence as he half-wished that Jiro could continue his ‘story’ as Aaron was indeed curious about the fact that Hebe was being turned into a vampire instead of being blown to death during the explosion.

Jiro: Ha….I see that Aaron is very interested in what I’m saying right?

Gui Gui looked at Aaron: Aaron, don’t trust a word this guy says. He’s evil!!!

Jiro continued: I know you must be curious as to why Hebe is still standing in front of you alive. Well, technically she’s not alive but she was not blown to pieces right? And what more, she was turned into a vampire. I wonder who’s the kind soul who did it...? *laughed sinisterly*

Jiro: Well let me tell you, I was the one who ‘saved’ her. I was the one who stayed with her all along and I was the one who trained her and taught her how to survive in this world when she was so small and weak and vulnerable! YOU, Aaron yan, where were you? No where? over her ‘death’? And what happened years after that? You got yourself a new girlfriend! *point to Gui Gui*

Finally able to summon his well-buried strength, Aaron shouted: Stop! Stop it!

Aaron felt a strong wave of cold current rushing through his veins as he shouted. Meanwhile, another strong wave of warm current burned in his head and all of a sudden, he could feel the same pain and bitterness all over again.

It was the same situation as in the back alley. It was the same effect that was taking place in his body and once again, he was craving for rich and viscous blood as he break free from the ropes that now seemed so thin and useless…

‘Aaron!’ They called out as they saw him scream in pain and agony…
------------------------------------------------------------
Ok im sad now....cos i have pissed someone off....sorry bubble! :( I dont mean to go MIA for so long...i really hope you could 'forgive' me. haha :)

I wasnt shopping....how i wish i was but i was studyng for 14 hours yesterday stopping for an hour or so to eat bathe and rest. Sighs....school i tough but i am going to persist on writing cos the story is gonna end soon! :)

So i hope you guys could support me! (i know im asking too much :( )

P.S. studying in my country is really stress. lol