Chapter 15

Blood Difference

 

Birthday

The man stood in the middle of the hall with his back facing Hebe. He looked magnificent and powerful even with his back her. Finally, he spoke with his dense, thick voice.

‘I’ve heard from Calvin that you had disrupted his plan of getting the heirloom’, the man spoke with a calm but menacing tone.

Hebe did not move a muscle nor winch at the discovery of her disobedient act. She merely stared into space as she held her silence.

‘And, you have met him again, haven’t you?’ The man continued to question despite knowing the fact that he would get no answer in return.

Hebe did not bother to find an excuse for her act and her silence somehow seemed to mean a positive reply to each and every of the man’s questions.

Finally, the man turned and showed his beautiful face. He had handsome features that would mislead any woman on the street about his real self. His sharp nose enhanced his handsome look and his tall and muscular built gave him the manly aura around him.

‘Hebe, I love you. Don’t you understand? Why are you still hanging onto him? Aaron Yan is no longer on the same side as you are. You belong with me.’, the man spoke.

If it was not for the pleading tone in his voice, it would have been hard to imagine the magnificent man begging for agreement.

Finally, Hebe spoke with her eyes fixed on the man: You know I would never love you.

Her words seemed like a sharp and cold sword that had just been sent stabbing through the man. However, Hebe had no sense of remorse or regret for what she had just said.

Instead, she continued with great resent in her voice.
Hebe: You were the one who changed my life, who bite me. I would never forgive you for that.

With that, she turned and headed towards the tall wooden door and into the night.
------------------------------------------------------------

Gui Gui moved clumsily as she stepped on the rocky path while being blindfolded. She was tripping here and there and there were even times when she nearly fell.

Gui Gui asked with great curiosity and plead: Where are we going? Are we there yet?

‘You can open your eyes now’ Aaron spoke as he wrapped his arms around Gui Gui like an angel’s wings and she could feel herself safely secured in these pair of arms. He then unties the handkerchief which was covering her eyes.

Gui Gui opened her big eyes slowly as she turned her head slowly from her left to her right. She was so mesmerized by the astonishing and ravishing sight before her that she was too loss for words.

Aaron released his arms around her as he took a position beside Gui Gui, adoring her stunned-for-words expression.
Aaron asked sceptically: Pretty?

Aaron had brought Gui Gui to a garden which was delicately and beautifully decorated with flowers and coloured-bulbs that hung on the trees and fences. There was a wooden bench seated in the middle of the garden and the bouquet of red roses stands out from the white bench.

There was a big card that stood beside the rose and the luminous writings on it said ‘Happy Birthday’ with a heart-shaped sticker beside the wordings.

Gui Gui finally managed to grab a few words from her incoherent thoughts: I….that’s beautiful!

She turned and gave Aaron a big tight hug as she smiled blissfully. She could not feel more loved and treasured.

Finally releasing her embrace on Aaron, Gui Gui spoke, this time, clearly: Aaron, I don’t know what to say but this is really amazing. Thanks for doing this for me. I…I didn’t know you would do so….I thought….I thought you wouldn’t know.

Aaron: I saw your Identity Card. I wouldn’t dare to forget about it. *smiles* It’s your birthday.

Tears of gratitude welled up her eyes as she was too touched for words. Deciding that action would convey her many thanks to Aaron better, she leaned forward and gave him a deep long kiss.
------------------------------------------------------------

Hebe stood in the shadows of the woods as she looked at the fairy-tale-like scene before her. She was filled with envy and pain as she stared at the scene.

Tears of agony and jealousy flowed down her cheeks and she did not bother to wipe them away. Silently and slowly, she turned her back on the couple who were kissing in the garden.

Hebe POV: Aaron, how I wished it would all be a nightmare and the one who’s kissing you right now is me….
------------------------------------------------------------

----Motel----

Xiu leaned against the wall with the box in his right hand. He was frustrated by the troublesome thoughts that were running in his mind.

Xiu POV: Should I give this to her? *looked at the box* Or should I just throw this away? Maybe I should just throw it away. She wouldn’t want this for she already had Aaron’s present. . .

Xiu was debating on whether to give Gui Gui a present for her birthday. He had already prepared the present since yesterday when he coincidentally found out that Gui Gui’s birthday was coming.

However, he eventually decided not to give the present away and he turned around, heading towards the dustbin that had been standing there as long as he did.

Just then, someone knocked him down hard and painfully. It was Wu Xiong.

Xiu questioned her: What…What are you doing here?

Wu Xiong looked skeptically and suspiciously at Xiu.

Wu Xiong: What are YOU doing here then? Why did you sound so suspicious and extraordinarily nervous?

Xiu: I…What? Nervous? No….no way man.

Wu Xiong wasn’t paying attention to Xiu’s illogical and useless reply as her attention was diverted to the box on the floor. She opened it and found that it was a necklace, a very unique one.

Wu Xiong: *dangled the necklace in front of Xiu* Who are you intending to give this to?

Xiu: I? Who says I’m giving it….away?

Wu Xiong frowned: This pendant is made up of a canine and if I’m not wrong, it’s yours. Your first canine right? Vampires would always keep the first canine that they dropped for this is a symbol of vampirism and the first canine always brings extraordinary power to the owner. But this is the first time I had seen a vampire making his first canine into a necklace and furthermore, a lady-liked one. You are definitely giving this away, and to someone important.

Xiu was lost for words as he had not expected Wu Xiong to make such accurate guesses when she inferred from the necklace.

Wu Xiong lowered her voice: You are giving this to Gui Gui, right? You are….

Xiu couldn’t stand the fact that he was about to be exposed, thus, he interrupted Wu Xiong and said quickly: It’s for you.
------------------------------------------------------------
Guys! I have came back! Hope i am missed and not forgotten! :)