Chapter 16

Blood Difference

 

Party Wreckers

Wu Xiong was stunned for words and she could only stare back at the equally surprised Xiu.

Xiu POV: What stupid act have I just pulled? I…I….

Wu Xiong finally snapped back into reality and she managed to fish out a few keywords among the sea of thoughts running in her mind.

Wu Xiong: It’s for me? I….thought it was for Gui Gui….I thought you like her…

Xiu could not bring himself further disgrace, thus he nodded quietly, secretly hoping that Wu Xiong didn’t realize the positive response.

Wu Xiong was taken aback by the series of shocking events that had just happened. However, she felt an odd tinge of happiness rising within her as she had finally managed to swallow the act pulled by Xiu.

Wu Xiong looked down and smiled to herself. She could not explain the sudden rise in her mood at all.

Xiu: Wu Xiong…..I…

Wu Xiong interrupted him: Thanks for the gift but I still need some time to consider your request.

With that, she ran away from the scene with the necklace in her hand.

Xiu was completely shocked: What?! She….she had….she thought I was….asking her to be…..*Sighs* Xiu….what have you done?
------------------------------------------------------------

---Motel----

Aaron and Gui Gui had returned to the motel on the same night and was greeted by Wu Xiong warmly. Wu Xiong hopped forward lightly to give Gui Gui a bear hug while wishing her Happy Birthday.

Gui Gui: *smiles* Thanks. You seemed to be in a good mood today.

Wu Xiong blushed and spoke quietly while avoiding Gui Gui’s eye contact: I….no…it’s your birthday so we should be happy…..

Aaron and Gui Gui exchange glances and thought that there was more that meets the eye. However, both of them were distracted by the decorated room that Wu Xiong led them into. There was a banner writing ‘Happy Birthday’ and a birthday cake that sits sweetly on the desk ahead.

Wu Xiong picked up a present from the bed and handed it to Gui Gui.

Wu Xiong: I hope you would like it. This can protect you.
Gui Gui opened the parcel and found an elegant sliver dagger lying in the middle of the box. It was decorated with crystal studs with a red ruby lying on the handle of the dagger.

Gui Gui was amazed by the thoughtful and precious gift that Wu Xiong had given her. She never thought that she would befriend a vampire and furthermore, receive such a wonderful gift from her.

‘Thank you, Wu Xiong. This is the best gift I had received.’ Gui Gui said with gratitude.

Wu Xiong asked skeptically: Best gift? I thought the best gift should be Aaron’s?

Gui Gui blushed as she recalled the time she spent in the garden with Aaron a few hours ago.

Aaron: *Winks* Yea, the best gift was actually mine.

Just then, Xiu entered into the room and he immediately headed straight for the couch in the corner of the room, ignoring the presence of the other three.

Aaron: Hey Xiu, what’s the matter? You seemed kind of moody and troubled.

Xiu: I….

Wu Xiong POV: Is he going to tell them what he had done just now? Will he ask me that question again?

Xiu POV: This is really awkward….what should I do? I think I should just wish Gui Gui happy birthday and get out of the room as fast as possible.

Just when Xiu was about to carry out his plan, someone knocked him down hard and fast. He could not response to the attack in time and he fell back onto the couch with the attacker on top of him.

He could hear shrieks from Gui Gui and Wu Xiong and the sound of Aaron’s sword being drawn. Indeed, Aaron was fighting against the intruders of the party.

Xiu managed to lunge a counter attack at his enemy and he finally wrenched himself free from the couch and the attacker’s grip.

The room had turned into an ugly mess of fighting and defending and the beautifully decorated birthday cake had splattered onto the ground, adding on to the already messed up room.

Aaron was fending Gui Gui from a vampire which attempted to nab Gui Gui and Wu Xiong was busy with 2 vampires at the other corner of the room.

Just then, someone called out. It was a very familiar voice to Aaron.

‘We meet again, Aaron Yan.’ The sinister voice called out as the owner to that voice stepped into the room confidently.

The other vampires halted and stopped their attack when they saw their leader entering the room.

Aaron: It’s you.

Calvin: Exactly. Remember me? I’m Calvin.

Aaron: I don’t care what and who you are. You are not welcomed.

Calvin: Oh….*looked at the birthday cake on the floor* I see that you guys were having a party. I love parties. I love to be a party wrecker. *laughed a sinister laugh*
Xiu asked with great hostility: What do you want?

Calvin: It’s such a shame on you. I know who you are. And you *looked at Wu Xiong*. The both of you are traitors. Fancy helping a human being and a hunter to target against your own race?

Xiu: That’s none of your business.

Wu Xiong: You want the heirloom, don’t you?

Calvn turned to Wu Xiong and smiled wickedly: Yea, my pretty lady. What I’m after would be the precious heirloom that you guys are guarding. Stop being a dog and let me have the heirloom.

Xiu: Over my dead body.

Calvin: Not to be rude, but you are already dead. But you can still be dead a second time.

Without warning, Calvin dashed towards Xiu with his ultra speed and knocked him down within a split second. Xiu hit the floor with great impact and was knocked unconscious. The vampires then attacked Wu Xiong and Aaron while Calvin tried to grab Gui Gui away.

Aaron stabbed his sword into the chest of a vampire which disintegrated several seconds after that and Aaron dashed towards Calvin, trying to stop him.

Calvin pulled a punch at Aaron but missed him and Aaron took the chance to wrench Calvin’s grip away from Gui Gui’s wrist.

Gui Gui was freed from Calvin’s grip and Aaron pulled her away from their enemy as fast as possible.

Wu Xiong: Aaron! Take Gui Gui away now! I can handle!

Aaron nodded curtly and rushed out of the room with Gui Gui. They ran out of the motel and hurried into the woods.

Gui Gui was already panting by the time they reached the woods but she knew they had to continue. Thus she challenged herself physically followed Aaron’s lead blindly.

They came to a clearing and Aaron was also panting though not as hard as Gui Gui was.

Gui Gui: Do….do you *pants* think….we had lost them…?

Aaron: I don’t know…..There seemed to be no movement already….

Gui Gui collapsed lazily onto the ground while trying hard to catch her breath.

Aaron: Where’s your heirloom?

Gui Gui felt for her pocket and replied with relief: It’s safe with me.

Aaron heaved a sigh of relief but unfortunately, it did not last for long. He stood up straight and looked into the surroundings for the movements he thought he had sensed.

Just then, as he had expected, someone emerged from the bushes and walked towards them.

Aaron and Gui Gui: You…..
------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for not being able to update cos i was busy with preparing for school which opens next week. Sighs. Please bear with the fault in the quality.... :)