Chapter 21

Blood Difference

 

Switching Sides

‘Aaron!’ Hebe, Wu Xiong and Xiu called out as they saw Aaron scream in pain and agony.

Jiro was taken aback by the sudden change in events and he was caught between the decision of dealing with Aaron or confronting Hebe.

However, Hebe seemed to have taken the first step as she rushed towards Jiro with her ultra-vampire speed and knocked him against the stone slab before rushing out of the dungeon. Jiro followed her closely.

Wu Xiong and Xiu took the chance and eliminated the guards which were of no threat to the two of them.

Wu Xiong untied the ropes that bounded Gui Gui while Xiu rushed towards Aaron, who was not acting like himself.

In fact, Aaron was filled with element that was beyond recognition to any of them, not even Jiro. Aaron gave a loud long shout before pushing Xiu away and the strong force that was not anticipated by Xiu pushed him across the room before he hit hard against one of the prominent pillars in the room.

‘Sorry’ Aaron muttered so softly under his breath that no one except him was able to acknowledge that desperate apology.

Everyone was shocked and they could not compose the incoherent and questioning thoughts that were swirling in each of their mind.

Gui Gui allowed emotions to take over her and she ran towards Aaron with no consideration of whether she would be thrown away like Xiu.

Seeing Gui Gui approaching was a bad news to Aaron as he knew he was already beyond self-control. It was different from back then when they were both in the back alley for the strength and opposing forces of currents were churning within him and were much stronger than before.

It was almost impossible for him to master the strength and he had a hunch about vampirism approaching.

The thirst for blood grew stronger and stronger as he heard the pounding heartbeat and the rushing of the viscous red blood through the veins and arteries. Gui Gui, it was from Gui Gui.

Despite knowing this fact, his blood thirst did not decrease, in fact, it grew steadily and his body was preparing to pounce on the approaching ‘prey’ that was now rushing towards him with tears.

Gui Gui: Aaron!

Xiu cried out in despair: Gui Gui, No! Don’t!

It was too late, Gui Gui had already reached Aaron and she hugged him as tightly as she could, hoping to take away all the pain that was burning within Aaron. However, her efforts were futile and true enough, she was approaching pending doom. Aaron grabbed hold of her shoulders and lowered his head, preparing to feed on her.

Instead of putting up any resistance, Gui Gui said while tearing: Aaron, if taking my blood would reduce your agony, I don’t mind if you do so. Aaron, even if you turn into a vampire, I will still love you for who you are. I don’t care what others think, I just want you to be happy…

With that, she closed her eyes to brace herself for the fateful bite. She could feel the canines seep in bit by bit but suddenly, it retracted and none of her blood was taken. She opened her eyes slowly, unable to explain the change of event.

Just then, she knew what happened. Calvin was sitting beside Aaron and he was holding a syringe in his hands.

Gui Gui pushed him away with as much force: What are you doing? It was you who caused him to turn into a vampire…right?

Calvin: No….listen to me, I’ll explain everything!

Xiu rushed towards Calvin and Gui Gui as fast as he could and held Calvin by his neck and pushed him against the wall while interrogating him.

Xiu: What did you give him?

Calvin: I…I

Xiu: Is that the poison you had injected into him?

Calvin: No! It’s not what you guys think it is!

Xiu: Give me the antidote, NOW or I will kill you with my own hands!

Before anyone could move an inch, Aaron spoke weakly.

Aaron was now lying against the pillar and he seemed weak and fragile. Nevertheless, he still spoke quietly.

Aaron: Xiu, let go of him….

Xiu and Gui Gui was taken aback by the defending act that Aaron had just pulled to save Calvin.

Though astonished, Xiu loosened his grip on Calvin.

Aaron then continued: Calvin, have you injected it?

Calvin: No, I am going to do it now.

Aaron: Guys, don’t ask any question, just let Calvin do what he’s best at….

Without daring to intervene the process, Gui Gui and Xiu stood beside the two of them while Calvin injected the liquid into Aaron’s veins.

Calvin: Done. How are you feeling now?

Aaron opened his eyes and he could feel a warm growth of energy within him that was calm and aiding.

Aaron: I feel different.

Xiu and Gui Gui exchanged glances, both eager to know what had just happened.

------------------------------------------------------------

Jiro raced after Hebe even though he knew she was luring him away from Aaron, fearing that he might be heard.

Nevertheless, Jiro is now more concerned with Hebe than anything else.

Hebe: Haven been brushing up on your skills huh?

Jiro: I have not used my full potential yet. *smirk*

Just then, Hebe came to a halt and the both of them were in the forest.

Jiro: Hebe….

Hebe: Stop it, I know what you want to say. I know it all. But it can’t be forced, I’m sorry.

Jiro: No, Hebe, I love you more than anything else, why can’t you see this?

Hebe: Look, I see this but it just can’t be forced. To be frank, I love Aaron before, now, and in future. This will never change!

Jiro trembled with anger and anguish.

Jiro: Hebe, are you sure you want to do this? This is the last chance I’m giving you, we can still be together.

Hebe: Jiro, what’s the point of hanging on to a person who doesn’t love you?

Silent prevails the whole forest and what could be heard was only the rustling of the leaves caused by the chilling wind that brushed past their faces.

The moonlight shone on Jiro’s face and Hebe could sense something amiss. Something was definitely different about Jiro but she could not think of the exact meaning.

His face was turning paler and his eyes turning red. Hebe had never seen him behave like that. Though Jiro did not take any actions nor move an inch, Hebe still brace herself for anything that might happen.

Indeed, within a split second, Jiro dashed towards her like lightning…

Wu Xiong shouted out in fear: Hebe!!!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Sorry im late....again.... Next episode = last episode....