Chapter 13

Blood Difference

 

Confirmed Feelings

Aaron pulled her closer and felt a sense of warmth surrounding him. His blood crave decreased as he wrapped his arms around Gui Gui.

No, it wasn’t her blood that made him felt so peaceful and comfortable. It was what she had done for him that makes him felt different. He had no evil desire for blood right now and he did not take a single drop of Gui Gui’s blood.

The poison in his body seemed to have been overcome by his will power. But Aaron knows that he owes his will power to Gui Gui. She was the one who gave him courage.

Not yet recovered from his torment, Aaron spoke weakly: What’s the point of me surviving if you are dead?

Gui Gui was taken aback as she had not expected this to happened. She pulled Aaron away and looked at him carefully, scrutinizing each of his features with care.

Gui Gui: Your eyes….they were red but now….its brown…Your face….

Gui Gui could not believe her eyes. Except for the fact that Aaron looked extremely tired, his evil red eyes and sullen face had disappeared. He looked healthy but tired.

Even the rain had come to an abrupt stop. It seemed to Gui Gui that everything was fine and nothing more could go wrong.

Gui Gui cried out, exclaiming: Aaron! You are all right!!!

Aaron…I….I can’t….believe that you are…….you…..

Aaron: Can’t believe that I did not take your blood? I really mind being a blood thirsty beast… *gave a weak smile*

Gui Gui pulled him into her embrace as she cried the tears of joy.

Aaron gave a weak smile: I think….the hypoglycaemic part is true. I need some food…

Realizing the importance of food for Aaron, Gui Gui quickly helped him up.

Gui Gui: Let’s go back to the motel. I bet they are waiting for us.

Just then, someone called out. It was Xiu.

‘I finally found you!’ Xiu asked while running towards them.

He took notice of Aaron’s change and asked quietly: ’you are back to being a hunter right?’

Aaron joked: Why? You prefer me as your vampire team mate?

Xiu shook his head hastily: Of course not. You would be a better vampire and I would become jealous!

The three of them broke into laughter despite being extremely worn out. Quickly but carefully, they made their way back to the motel.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Tears rolled down her cheeks as she looked at the scene before her. She wondered if all of these would still happen if she had not been turned into a vampire. She wondered if she would be the one who’s holding on to Aaron rather than Gui Gui.

However, none of these matters to Hebe for she had already been turned and she has to stand on the other side of the war and that implies the fact that she would have to either fight against Aaron, or bring him over to her side…
------------------------------------------------------------

----Motel Room----

She threw a punch at him before pulling him tightly into her embrace. Wu Xiong’s agitation was soon dissolved by euphoria.

Gui Gui: Wu Xiong! Why did you hit Aaron for?

Wu Xiong explained while letting go of Aaron, who was shocked by the ‘special treatment’ from Wu Xiong.

Wu Xiong: Well, the punch was for the wooden stake that he stabbed through me. I had a really hard time pulling that out and it’s still in the process of healing. Of course, the hug is for the fact that he had already come back and he is still the idol I had known!

Aaron gave a laugh and sat on the bed: All right, thanks a lot, Wu Xiong but can I have my meal already?

Wu Xiong: All right, I will get it right away.

Xiu: I’ll make the trip with you.

With that, the two vampires left the room hurriedly, leaving Gui Gui and Aaron alone.

Gui Gui took a seat beside Aaron and pretended to look at her feet as she could think of nothing to break the awkward silence.

Aaron POV: How should I thank her? She had done so much for me….

Gui Gui POV: He said that there was no point of him surviving if I were dead. What was he implying? Had he developed feelings for me already?

Aaron POV: I don’t know what made me said those words at the point when I was hugging her. I just felt….different with her around….But I don’t even know if I have feelings for her. Besides, she mentioned about Hebe’s existence. I don’t even know if I still felt the same for Hebe….What should I do! I’m so vexed.

Aaron sighed deeply at these troubling thoughts.

Gui Gui turned and looked at his worrisome expression. At that moment, she knew what she should do.

Gui Gui: Aaron.

Aaron looked at Gui Gui, who wore a solemn yet concerned look. He was filled with curiosity towards Gui Gui’s thoughts.

Gui Gui: You don’t need to thank me for saving you or staying with you just now. I have done it on my own accord. You don’t need to feel responsible towards it. I know you are concerned about Hebe’s presence and whereabouts. When you were poisoned, she took care of you and extracted half of the poison within you. She took off after that perhaps because she didn’t want you to know of her presence. But you should go….

Before Gui Gui could complete her sentence, she felt her lips sealed. Aaron had planted a kiss on her lips, making an abrupt stop to her little ‘speech’. Aaron pressed his lips against hers and Gui Gui felt the warmth and gentleness of this act.

She blushed profusely while allowing herself to indulge in this perfect moment.

Aaron broke the kiss eventually and looked into her eyes deeply.

Aaron: You have just confirmed my feelings. Thank you, Gui Gui.
-----------------------------------------------------------