Chapter 10

Blood Difference

 

Soul-mate

He had been driving for a couple of miles in search for his team. Finally, with great resent, he stopped his vehicle. Whatever was in the injection had taken full effect and he lay against the driver’s seat, frowning as he bear with the pain.

Aaron did not know what was firing within his body. He would feel a strong blow of heat and then extreme coldness and this cycle would repeat several times. Aaron hung his mouth open as blood gushed up from his oesophagus to his mouth cavity and eventually reaching his lips.

Aaron POV: What is this…

He couldn’t help but question himself. He had never felt so helpless before. He did not know how to fight it as he had no clue what his enemy was. The effect of the poison in the injection was inexplicable.

Suddenly, he felt a strong urge of craving for blood. He was bemused by this reaction of his own. He clenched his fist in agony and before long; he slowly releases his grip as he lost conciousness.
------------------------------------------------------------

Wu Xiong paced up and down the room, wearing a worrisome expression. She had never known fear or worries as she is a vampire who should be feared. However, she was now overpowered by fright and terrible thoughts.

Wu Xiong: Where is Aaron?

She turned to look at her mate who was now staring into blank, oblivious of her surroundings.

Wu Xiong raised her voice to catch her attention: Gui Gui!

Gui Gui was called back into reality and she spoke softly and weakly: I don’t know….

Obviously, she hadn’t been thinking when she was sitting there for the past one hour. Gui Gui was lost, like a headless dragon.

The terrible thoughts that Wu Xiong had had actually ran in Gui Gui’s mind for a thousand times. The thoughts of Aaron being captured, or worse, killed by the vampires or thoughts of Aaron being turned into a vampire. Absurd as it is, but not without possibility.

Gui Gui stood up suddenly: I must find him. Now.

Wu Xiong’s worried tone was switched to a stern one: No! The last person who should be wandering around is you, Gui Gui! Besides, Xiu is already out looking for Aaron. Giving his abilities, Aaron would be found in no time! Perhaps, Aaron is already on his way back now!

Wu Xiong was right but not what she thought it should be. The door blast opens with Xiu’s powerful and angry kick as he entered the room. However, all attention was not on him but the man he was carrying on his back.

Aaron.

Gui Gui dashed towards the unconscious protector as he was placed on the bed.

Gui Gui: What happened? What …

Xiu tried to find an answer for Gui Gui, searching for the appropriate tactful words but none came to him and he could only cruelly say: He was attacked.

Wu Xiong: The vampires? But you said he could handle them?

Xiu: I think he’s been poisoned.

Xiu was accurately right. The colour drained from Aaron’s face, leaving a pale pearl-like coloured frail face behind. Aaron did not move an inch and he looked, dead.

On the verge of tears, Wu Xiong cried out frantically: Do something!

Xiu was clueless: I had never seen this before! I…I don’t….
Gui Gui was already sobbing, holding Aaron’s hands and sitting beside him, as if by his deathbed. Nobody spoke nor moved an inch.

Wu Xiong: Isn’t..there….anyway….?

Xiu hesitated before speaking: There is….one way left. But a terribly dangerous way.

Gui Gui looked up, with hope glittering in her eyes: What’s that?

Xiu: Turn him into a vampire.

Before Xiu could continue, he was already thrown half-way across the room.

Wu Xiong was wailing: He’s a hunter!

Wu Xiong was the one who delivered the physical blow to Xiu.
Xiu coughed while struggling to say: I know! That’s why I said it’s extremely dangerous and we don’t know what poison is in him so if we bite him, we would be poisoned as well!

Wu Xiong: If I could out the poison in him, I would! But turning a hunter into a vampire is out of the question! Only one in a thousand survives the change and look at the state Aaron is in now, do you think he could survive the trauma?!

Xiu could not come up with a retort as he too, agreed with Wu Xiong.

Xiu: That was a crazy idea. Sorry. I shouldn’t have said so.

Just then, Xiu and Wu Xiong heard a thud and turned to see Gui Gui lying on the floor with blood on her lips.

She had attempted to the poison from Aaron.

Wu Xiong attended to her immediately: You foolish girl!

She wiped away the blood on Gui Gui’s lips and chin as she pulled her up onto the armchair.

Gui Gui opened he eyes slowly: Will that…help?

Wu Xiong sighed and replied, shaking her head: No, I’m sorry but that won’t help. The poison had already infested his whole body. You would have to drain him of his blood to clear his system.

Disappointment would be an understatement to describe Gui Gui’s feelings. Once again, she felt she should have disobeyed Aaron. She should have stayed with him but it was all too late.

Xiu: Gui Gui, do you feel anything amiss? Did you swallow any of Aaron’s blood?

Gui Gui: No I didn’t.

Wu Xiong: She probably was too weak, that’s why she had collapsed. Gui Gui, please, rest now. We will think of a way. There must be an antidote.

She turned to Xiu and asked hopefully: Those wiser vampires that you knew, would they know about this poison?

Xiu: Perhaps. I will set off to look for them right now.

Wu Xiong: Ok. I will look for my friends too. Some of them had been vampires for hundreds of years.

Just when they were about to set off, a voice sounded the whole room. It came from outside the room but they could hear it so clearly that it was as if the owner of the voice had stood beside them.

‘No one knows about this poison. But I do. Only I can help you. Only I can help him’.

Xiu hurried to the door and flung it open. There she stood, a beautiful woman with short hair and big dark black eyes staring back at Xiu. There was something unusual about her that Xiu could not figure out.

Friends or foe, he did not know. The guest entered the room and stared at Gui Gui.

For a moment, Gui Gui felt as if she had seen her, heard of her, or even known her. However, the tinge of familiarity vanished as quickly as it came when the stranger broke eye contact.

The stranger walked towards Aaron and placed her hand on his chest while chanting in an unknown language.

A second later, she bent down and deepens her fingernails into Aaron’s arm, creating a wound like what Calvin had left behind.

Wu Xiong was taken aback by her daring act: What are you doing!!

The guest took no notice of Wu Xiong and continued with what she was doing. Then, she took out a glass bottle and poured the powdery contents onto Aaron’s fresh wound. Within a second, the wound disappeared.

Wu Xiong was losing her patience: Is that what you are trying to do? Magic? I can heal on my own too! If you are not here to help then get lost!

The gorgeous lady finally spoke: I can only remove fifty percent of the poison. He is now at least, what you call, human.

Wu Xiong: What do you mean? You merely poured some powder on him? What do you mean by only fifty percent and…and…..
Before Wu Xiong could continue, Gui Gui spoke in a clear crisp voice: You are his soul-mate, right?

The stranger attended to Gui Gui’s question, intrigued by her accurate guess: Yes I am. I am Hebe, Hebe Tian.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Thousand apologies for not updating! It was a crazy and busy weekend. :)
Hope you enjoyed yours too