Chapter 22

Blood Difference

 

Blood Difference

Hebe was astonished by the sudden change in Jiro’s attitude. One moment he was pleading and soft but the other he was cold and strong. Most importantly, he was already physically too close for her to brace herself for his attack. To her surprise, Jiro came to an abrupt halt just before her and he did nothing but a mere push.

What was wrong with him? She did not know.

What was he going to do? She had no idea.

What was up his mind? She had trouble knowing his feelings.

Within a split second, Jiro turned and dashed away, leaving Hebe behind, dumbfounded. Just then, someone called out to her. It was Wu Xiong.

Wu Xiong: Hebe, Hebe! Are you all right? I saw…I saw…

Hebe interrupted her curtly: I’m fine.

Wu Xiong was taken aback by the coldness in her voice: You…that vampire, did he do anything to you? What’s wrong with him?

Hebe frowned lightly: I don’t know. I don’t think I even know him now. He’s a different person.

Just then, her coldness was overcome by worries.

Hebe: He might have turned back to harm the others! We must get back soon!

Without another word, the two of them followed after Jiro.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Gui Gui trembled with fear as she saw the man right before him. It wasn’t Jiro, it wasn’t a monster. It was Aaron.

Gui Gui reached out her hand to touch his cheek which no longer felt warm and rosy. It was cold, ice cold. However, the softness in his voice and the warmth of his stare reminded her of the real Aaron residing in this vampire.

Aaron: Gui Gui, are you afraid of me?

Gui Gui: Aaron…. *tears welled up her eyes* why did you do this?

Aaron smiled: I had too. It turned out that the previous drug Calvin injected in me was still residing in my body and the longer I drag from being a vampire, the more dangerous the effect of the drug could be. Even then, I might not be able to control myself. That was why I requested for Calvin to turn me into a real vampire with that injection. After all, I don’t want to take anyone’s blood by these terrifying canines. *points to his canines and smile*

Xiu was puzzled: But, how did the two of you communicate? I thought Jiro was here all along?

Calvin: No, he wasn’t. When I was supervising them, I noticed something amiss about Aaron. I told him he would soon turn into a vampire out of control and the only way was to turn into a vampire voluntarily instead of a vampire which loses control of itself.

Xiu: But why are you willing to help us. Aren’t you with Jiro?

Calvin: I have had enough of his plans and violence. Actually, I wasn’t really voluntary about this searching for the heirloom plan. I just wanted to have a peaceful vampire life. I reckon Jiro would soon kill me after he had attained the heirloom so I decided to switch sides.

Gui Gui: But why wasn’t I aware of the discussion between the two of you?

Aaron smiled and patted Gui Gui’s head: You were soundly asleep.

Gui Gui blushed for while before frowning again: But, does it mean, you would be a vampire for the rest of your life?

Before Aaron could reply her, someone interrupted, it was an unwelcome interruption.

Jiro: Calvin, I would not want to kill you after I had attained greatest power. That’s because, I would like to kill you now!

Like a strike of lightning, Jiro dashed towards Calvin, knocking Xiu down on the way, and he grabbed Calvin by his neck and pinned him against the wall.

Jiro: Do you know the outcome of betrayal? Well, I won’t allow you to die within a split second. I shall let you have a slow and painful death.

With that, he stabbed a knife into Calvin’s chest before throwing him across the room. It wasn’t a normal knife. The knife was as if it was smeared with poison that was slowly seeping into Calvin, torturing him second by second.

Upon the sight of this, Aaron turned to Gui Gui: Gui Gui, I’m afraid I might not have any chance anymore so I would like to tell you this. Even though I’m a vampire now, my love for you is undying and it would never ever be changed by anything on Earth. Gui Gui, I love you.

Tears of fear and sorrow were flowing down Gui Gui’s cheek as she looked at Aaron longingly: Aaron, listen up, I don’t care if you are human or vampire, I don’t care if the blood that is flowing in you is different from mine, our love will still be the same. So I demand you to survive the fight and come back to me. You owe me this.

Aaron smiled and gave her a kiss on the forehead before heading off in Jiro’s direction. Xiu was already battling Jiro though with some difficulty.

Jiro: I know who you are, Xiu. You are such a disgrace to our vampire family. You have helped humans throughout your vampire life and had downgraded yourself to helping hunters. Well, since you are trying your best to mix with humans, I shall let you experience one thing that they all have to- death!

With that, Jiro pounced on Xiu like an animal and deepened his long nails into his arm. Xiu screamed in pain while trying to fend off the monster. Just when Jiro was about to throw a death blow at Xiu, Aaron dashed towards him and knocked him down.

Aaron: Xiu, are you all right?

Xiu: I’m fine. Thanks.

Aaron: Leave him to me.

Xiu: But, you can’t hold your sword already, can you?

Aaron frowned: I….I can. Take care of Gui Gui for me.

Xiu: Aaron!

Aaron pushed Xiu away and took out his sword, preparing to battle Jiro.

There was a strong resistance force coming from the sword but Aaron couldn’t care less. He was too focused on Jiro.
Jiro stood up and laughed at Aaron: I know what you are. A vampire. Aaron Yan, fancy holding a hunter sword while he himself is a hunter. Aren’t you contradictory?

Aaron ignored his sarcasm: Shut up, Jiro. Fight me if you aren’t having cold feet.

Ignoring his statement, Jiro moved closer to Aaron and started his attack with a blow in Aaron’s face.

Aaron was knocked down and slightly lost his balance. He was bleeding at the corner of his lips. He wiped the blood away and stares grudgingly at Jiro.

Jiro: Want to win? Then show me that you can!

Aaron tried several attacks on Jiro but none of them got him. Jiro, on the other hand, was pinning down on Aaron with every chance he had got and Aaron was badly injured by the time Hebe and Wu Xiong arrived.

Hebe: Aaron!

Jiro: Hebe Tien! I let you off just now and you still came back, courting for your death. I would not be soft on you anymore!

Hebe: Suit yourself!

With that, Wu Xiong and Hebe rushed towards Aaron to help him up.

Just then, Xiu came to them: If you guys wanna fight, never leave me out. We are a team.

Gui Gui: Me too.

Aaron: Gui Gui!

Gui Gui: Aaron, no matter what will become of us today, our love would never change.

Jiro: How touching! You think the five of you combining would be able to fend me off? What a fat hope. Well, I shall take on all of you!

Jiro was right, the five of them were not his match and soon, all of them collapsed onto the ground, bearing heavy injuries.

Jiro strolled towards Aaron and picked up his sword. The sword trembled violently in resistance and Jiro smirked.
Jiro: Aaron Yan, I shall kill you with your own sword and perhaps that would make you understand the pain of being killed by a hunter!

Suddenly, Jiro dropped the knife, wearing a look of shock and pain. He soon knelt down in front of Aaron and the person standing behind him was revealed. It was Calvin. He had just stabbed Jiro with the knife he was stabbed with. Calvin was already on the verge of collapsing but he still tried his best to push the knife through Jiro.

Knowing that this would not be sufficient to kill Jiro, Aaron lifted his sword and plunged it right through him, hoping to put an end to this monster’s doings.

‘I shall let you have a taste of the pain of being killed by a hunter.’ Aaron said, after seeing Jiro slowly disintegrating into ashes.

Calvin was already on the floor when this happened. Aaron rushed towards him and helped him up.

Aaron: Calvin…you all right? You….

Calvin: I guess I can’t have a peaceful life after all. Aaron, I just want to let you know that….there is a friend of mine who might be able to help you. She might be able to turn you back…go and look for her.

Aaron: Who is she?

Calvin: She is…………………………….
------------------------------------------------------------

Few years down the road…………

‘Help! Please help me!’ she screamed as loudly as she could. Gui Gui was already panting when she reached the clearing in the midst of the forest where she knew clearly that there would be no way out.

Just then, the vampire strode slowly after her: Young lady, since you are aware of my identity, why not just let me have a taste of your blood. It smells really nice from here.

Just then, Gui Gui broke into a smile: Hmmm…so you want to take my blood?

The vampire was puzzled by her act but ignored it, assuming that the prey was just trying to stall time.

Vampire: Well, of course. My fair lady, please do not be afraid. Come over here and we shall have fun.

Just then, someone entered into the clearing.

‘I heard someone mentioned ‘fun’.’ The mysterious young man said.

The vampire squint his eyes at the intruder: You are also a vampire. But I had this one first. If you want, find another prey.

The young man smirked and sat beside Gui Gui, who was sitting on a log: But… I guess this works better: I kill you then me and my girlfriend could have a supper at the next town. Right darling?

Gui Gui gave him a kiss: Of course, Aaron.

The vampire trembled with fear: You…..you are Aaron….. you can’t be….

Aaron smirked: Nothing is impossible. I’m the vampire-hunter hybrid.

He walked slowly towards the vampire who was too shock to make any moves.

Aaron then whispered: Any last words?

Without waiting for a reply, he stabbed his sword through the vampire who disintegrated into ashes within a split second…
------------------------------------------------------------

It had been a few years since Jiro’s death……..Aaron and Gui Gui had tried to look for the mysterious friend who Calvin mentioned but to no avail. They are still trying their best to find a way to turn Aaron back to human. Xiu and Wu Xiong got together officially and Hebe became the new leader of the vampire world, controlling them.

No matter what the outcome would be, Aaron and Gui Gui would still love each other till the end of the world and no matter where the five of them are, they know that they are working towards the same aim………………
-----------------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys like it. :)