Chapter 6

Blood Difference

 

A team

Upon seeing the unfamiliar smiling face, Xiu frowned and slammed the door shut, right at the visitor’s face.

Xiu then turned to face his mate: You guys know her?

Aaron and Gui Gui nodded in response.

Xiu then rolled his eyes before opening the door for the stranger, only to be met with hostile treatment.

It was Wu Xiong. She kicked Xiu in his stomach before pushing him away while muttering ‘How rude…’

Xiu cursed softly under his breath while bearing the pain that the crazy vampire had brought him.

Upon seeing Aaron and Gui Gui, Wu Xiong rushed forward to hug the latter, who was taken aback by the warm treatment.

Nearly suffocating due to the strong hug, Gui Gui managed to blurt out a few words: Nice…Nice…to see you…again….but I’m…..suffocating…

Realising the abuse of her strength, Wu Xiong let go of Gui Gui apologetically before turning to Aaron.

Wu Xiong: Hi Aaron. It’s been a long time *Smile*

Aaron and Gui Gui shared the same exact thoughts (POV): Didn’t we meet just yesterday?

Knowing that Wu Xiong meant no harm in this visit, Aaron did not draw his sword. Instead, he asked coldly: How did you know we are here?

Wu Xiong: Well as soon I knew that you guys were attacked, I searched frantically for your whereabouts. Then I came to know that you guys were saved by some unknown vampire.

Feeling absolutely offended, Xiu snapped: What do you mean by unknown? I guess you are the unknown vampire here, bumping into other’s room without an invitation!

Wu Xiong spoke with a tone of indifference: Oh, you are still here. I thought you were gone by now. There’s no need for you to stay here since I have already arrived.

Xiu scoffed: It’s not up to you to decide it. Besides, we have an important task to carry out and you, luckily, are not part of the plan.

Wu Xiong: Important task?! Of course I should be in it! *hurrying to sit beside Aaron* I will always stick with Aaron.

This uncontrollably stirred an uneasy feeling of jealousy in Gui Gui as she sees Wu Xiong locks her arm around Aaron’s. Luckily, it only lasted for a few seconds as Aaron quickly release himself from Wu Xiong’s grip.

Aaron: You are not part of us. In fact, I didn’t even wanted him *looks at Xiu* to join us.

As if expecting this, Gui Gui spoke before Xiu could retort Aaron.

Gui Gui pleads: No, Aaron, Xiu can help us. He is on our side.

Wu Xiong: But I support Aaron on the point that that unknown vampire should not tag along. In fact, I can protect you guys! I have tons of bodyguard. *Broad smile*

Aaron added sarcastically: Tons of bodyguard which are blood thirsty.

Taking the chance to embarrass Wu Xiong, Xiu continues: So someone here has an ulterior motive, to get us all killed huh?

Wu Xiong widens her eyes and stood up: I promise and swear that I would never let anyone one of you get hurt!

Before Aaron and Xiu could say words of disagreement, Gui Gui said sternly: I think I, as the owner of the heirloom, has the right to include who in the plan and I have decided that from now on, we work together, as a team of four.
Besides, we stand on the same side and we could be so much more powerful together than separated. No arguments. If not, I would take this heirloom and flee from you guys.

No one spoke for a moment as they were surprised at Gui Gui’s words. They made complete sense to them individually although the trust among them was still a little shaky.

Xiu was the first to break the silence with a ‘fine’ while Wu Xiong’s reactions were greater than his. She rushed forward and gave Gui Gui a hug.

Wu Xiong: Thank you for trusting me! I knew you had treated me as a friend right from the moment we met!

Gui Gui gave a weak smile while returning the hug even though she disagreed with what Wu Xiong had said. She didn’t really treat her as a friend on the first encounter, especially after Wu Xiong had revealed her long sharp canines to her. Nevertheless, Gui Gui was glad that Xiu and Wu Xiong agreed to what she had said.

After breaking the hug, Gui Gui turned to Aaron, silently waiting for his answer.

He did not speak nor looked at her.

Gui Gui POV: Is he going to leave? Is he going to dump the plan because of the two vampires?

Gui Gui is dying to know what Aaron would do next. How she wished she could just ask but she could not muster up the courage to take ‘no’ as an answer.

As if reading her thoughts, Wu Xiong said: Aaron, silence means consent. I take it as you acknowledge us as your team member ok?

Aaron ignored her but he did not argue. Deep down, Gui Gui knows that Aaron is already part of the plan.

Wu Xiong: But Aaron, don’t you have a partner? Don’t vampire hunters work in pairs?

Aaron frowns upon Wu Xiong’s question. He could not help but clench his fist. Gui Gui noticed his weird behaviour and was puzzled by the sorrowful expression which he was wearing.

Oblivious to these, Wu Xiong continues: Maybe I can be your partner! We would be an extraordinary match!

With that, Aaron tries his very best to get off the bed and walk towards the door while pressing on his wounds.

Gui Gui asked with concern: Where are you going?

Aaron: Leave me alone.

With that, Aaron slammed the door shut behind him. The trios were left in the room, looking at each other.

Wu Xiong: What happened? Did I say something wrong?

Xiu: You are so dead now……. *shrugs* even though you are already dead.

Ignoring the both of them, Gui Gui stood up and head towards the door, determined to find Aaron and know the story behind him……….
------------------------------------------------------------