Chapter 2

Blood Difference

 

Double Encounters

Gui Gui trembled without control: You….you are a….

Wu Xiong laughed: Yea, I am. Why are you trembling? I won’t eat you!

Gui Gui: You….you won’t?

Wu Xiong: Yea, I just had my meal. *continue smiling*

Gui Gui retreated slowly, crawling away from Wu Xiong with her hands: Get….get away from me….

Wu Xiong: *frowns* Why? I…I just….

Before Wu Xiong could continue, someone stood between her and Gui Gui. It was the hunter, the handsome chap.

Wu Xiong smiled her sweetest smile, delighted to see him: Hi! I’m Wu Xiong.

She peeked behind him and was impressed to see the other vampires gone.

Wu Xiong: You disintegrated them? Wow….I….

The hunter interrupted her by clutching her slim and thin neck: And you are next.

Wu Xiong: *choking* Even though I don’t breathe…but you are pressing on my voice box….it hurts! I know you are a hunter…and I am a vampire….but I meant no harm….

The hunter loosened his grip slightly but his hands still on her neck: Who are you. You are not afraid of me.

Wu Xiong: Neither are you. I told you, I am Wu Xiong. I know who you are, A.Y. – Aaron Yan, right?

Gui Gui POV: Aaron Yan…? He is a hunter?

Aaron tightened his grip again: How did you know?

Wu Xiong: You had your initials carved on your sword.Besides, you are well known in our world, don’t you know? You have hunted the most terrifying vampires without hurting yourself! You are my idol!

Aaron frowned, puzzled by this crazy vampire’s words. He wondered if she was out of her mind or that she was just trying to stall time in order to escape. However, she made no attempt to move or look around. She just stood there, going on and on about Aaron’s history.

Aaron: Shut up.

With that, he threw Wu Xiong and sent her collapsing on to the back seats. Aaron then took out his sword, ready to disintegrate this vampire.

However, just when he was about to draw his weapon, he paused.

Aaron: Your accomplice?

Wu Xiong: What accomplice?

Aaron: There are about a dozen vampires outside. Aren’t they your vampire friends?

Wu Xiong ran towards the window and took a peek before sighing: I told them not to follow me…they are just my bodyguards. Vampires, of course. But they won’t hurt you, nor Gui Gui.

Gui Gui looked up, puzzled by her act. She was sure that Aaron was sharing the same sceptical thoughts with her.
Gui Gui: Aaron Yan? What….what should we do now?

Ignoring her, Aaron spoke quietly: But I can’t promise I won’t hurt them.

Wu Xiong: Well, if you want to, I’m fine with it really. Anyway, I would like to see you fight! I missed it just now!

Aaron POV: What is wrong with this crazy vampire?

Just then, without warning, three vampires got into the bus by smashing through the windows, causing glass bits to fly in every direction. Some of the glasses slashed Gui Gui’s flesh and fresh blood oozed out from her wounds.

Gui Gui cried in pain: Ouch, it hurts!

Aaron was unscarred as he avoided the glass bits with great agility.

Gui Gui looked at him and silently cursed him for his selfish act.

Gui Gui POV: Fancy protecting himself only….

But her negative views of him changed as quickly as lightning when Aaron pulled Gui Gui away from danger when one of the vampires attempted to grab her.

Wu Xiong: Hey, don’t you hurt them!

Her bodyguard vampires: Sorry miss. But…

Wu Xiong: No Buts!

Aaron looked at Gui Gui’s wounds: It’s your blood that’s luring them.

Aaron POV: I have to get out of here quickly or the vampires will get out of control as her blood is luring them.

Without another word, Aaron piggybacked Gui Gui and jumped through the smashed window. He landed on the ground safely. However, several other vampire bodyguards were sneering at him, sniffing Gui Gui’s blood.

Just when some of them were about to launch an attack, Wu Xiong shouted: Stop! Let them go!

None of the vampires moved an inch.

With that, Aaron took a glance at Wu Xiong before taking off with Gui Gui.

Wu Xiong smiled to herself: He looked at me! He is so handsome….

One of the vampires spoke: Miss, why are you letting them off?

Wu Xiong: Can’t you see I’m in love?

She then muttered to herself: He’s even better looking than what they had described… *Smiling dreamily*
-----------------------------------------------------------

Gui Gui looked at his hair, his eyes, and his side view. Handsome is an understatement. He is perfect.

She felt her heart raced the longer she stares at him. The way he piggybacked Gui Gui was attractive too…

‘I can feel your palpitations so stop staring at me’ Aaron said tactlessly.

Gui Gui felt blood rushing to her face as she turned into a deep shade of red. Luckily the road was not well lit.

She managed to calm herself before speaking: Where are we going?

Aaron: To a place where we can nurse your wounds.

Gui Gui: I don’t want to go to the hospital! I don’t want stitches.

Aaron replied calmly: There is no hospital in this deserted place. We are in the middle of two towns. I will count myself lucky to have found a motel.

Gui Gui felt silly and angry at him for his tactless words but deep down inside, she knew he was right. Luckily, not far from them, she saw a motel, standing alone in the deserted grounds.

Gui Gui smiled and exclaimed: We are lucky! There’s a motel!

Aaron ignored her but she could feel his pace getting faster. He was equally happy and relieved.

However, what they did not expect was that their luck would soon run out as danger lurks ahead.
------------------------------------------------------------