Chapter 7

Investigating Love

 

•• DuTy FiRsT BeFoRe LoVe ••

RECAP:

“I’m twenty-five.” Ella replied.

“And up to now, you didn’t meet your destiny?” Gui Gui exclaimed.

Suddenly when Gui Gui faced on the other way and saw a guy, she froze.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“What happen? Are you okay Gui?” Ella notice Gui Gui froze so she look at the direction where she is looking at.

“Oh n—nothing. I thought it’s my friend.” Gui Gui lied and turn her face away from the two guys.

“That’s Jiro, and the other guy is his cousin, Aaron. He’s here in the island for a vacation also. They are my neighbors.” Ella said.

“Oh… I think we should go home now, it’s really getting dark; and it’s bad for my situation if I’ll stay so late outside.” Stand up from the rocks where she is sitting.

“Okay, be careful in standing up. You might slip from those slippery rocks. It’s very dangerous for you.” Ella helps Gui Gui in standing up.

“You’re right. Thank you.” She grabbed Ella’s hand,

When Gui Gui actually got down from the rocks, she glance at the two guys earlier. To her surprise, the guy name Aaron and her made an eye contact accidentally. Gui Gui was so pissed, she gave a sullen glance to Aaron.

[[GUI GUI’S POV]]
That Brute!
Why he keeps looking at me?
Can he see that I’m pregnant?
Even if I’m just pretending to be pregnant, he has to respect me.
And what a ert, he look at me like he wants to take off my clothes!
But on the other hand, I think he’s not really that ert type.
Even though it’s hard to admit, the guy is so handsome.
[[End of POV]]

“By the way Gui, do you want to come with me tomorrow? Let’s wait for my Ba Ba and to your husband at the seaside.” Ella invited Gui Gui.

“Sure. I would love too.” Gui Gui smiled and the both of them walk home together.

THE NEXT DAY AT THE SEASIDE,,,

Gui Gui saw the boat coming nearer to them and she wave at Chun and smiled. The other ladies beside her also wave to their husband and shout.

“Oh it seems that my husband has caught many fish!” An old lady excitedly shouts.

“Jose looks happy too; maybe he caught many fish too!” Ella’s mom shouts.

Gui Gui was so happy in that kind of experience; looking at the faces of the ladies made her smile and adore the fishermen’s work.

[[GUI GUI’S POV]]
Wow! These people really enjoy small things.
They have simple life but full of joyness,,
And I admire them for that.
[[End of POV]]

“Here comes the boat of my Ba Ba!” Ella shouted.

“Chun!” Gui Gui called Chun’s name.

Chun wave back at Gui Gui, but he suddenly froze to see who’s standing beside Gui Gui, it’s Ella. As the boat reach the seaside, Chun smiles shyly to Gui Gui and Ella. Gui Gui saw the awkwardness in Chun’s actions upon seeing Ella, so she made a silly plan for Ella and Chun.

“Chun!” Gui Gui hug Chun to test how Ella will feel.

“H---huh?” Chun was shocked in Gui Gui’s action and automatically glance at Ella’s reaction.

“I miss you!” Gui Gui said as she look at Ella.

Gui Gui can saw how Ella can’t look at her and how she glimpse at Chun. Gui Gui smiled upon seeing the reaction of the two. So she acts sweeter to Chun.

“How’s the catch?” Gui Gui asks Chun.

“It’s okay, we caught many fish.” Chun replied.

Gui Gui wants to laugh because she can feel how Chun object in what she’s doing to him. And at the same time, she can read the objection in Chun’s eyes.

“By the way, I want you to meet my new friend. Honey, this is Ella, daughter of Mr. Jose. And Ella this is my husband, Chun.” Gui Gui wants to burst in laugh upon seeing the two made an eye contact.

“Oh,,, Nice meeting you Ella,” Chun greeted Ella who’s still looking at her face.

[[GUI GUI’S POV]]
Hahaha.. The look in their faces is so funny,
And this is the first time that I saw Chun so shy.
[[End of POV]]

“S—same here C—chun,” Ella stammered and very hesitant to look at Chun’s face.

“Ella! Come help me here. ” Jose shouts as he saw her daughter.

“Y—Yes.. I’m coming!” Ella shouts to her Ba Ba. “I have to leave now; I have to go to my father,” Ella bid goodbye to Chun and Gui Gui and run towards her father.

When Ella was gone, Gui Gui automatically question about Chun’s experience in the sea.

“So how did you get along with them?” Gui Gui asks.

“Well they treat me well. Mr. Jose told us that we can get our salary in the afternoon once our catch has been sold to the market. And here’s a bonus, he gave me a big fish for us to eat. Hahaha,, So come let’s go home now; I’m really tired.” Chun excitedly relater his experience to Gui Gui.

“Okay, let’s go home and so I can cook that fish,” Gui Gui grabbed Chun’s arms.

“Mr. Jose! We’ll go now; I’ll just come back later!” Chun shouted in the direction towards Ella and Jose.

“Okay! See you later!” Jose shouts.

Gui Gui and Chun are on their way from Fan Fan’s house when she tease Chun about Ella.

“You know many people will suspect us if you’re flirting with other girls in front of me.” Gui Gui whispered to Chun while they are walking together.

“What?” Chun was shocked.

“Hahaha… I said, what will Mr. Jose tell if he found out that you’re flirting with his daughter? “ Gui Gui almost want to laughs out so loud.

“Gui Gui! What are you talking about? Lower your voice okay, people around here might hear us.” Chun warns Gui Gui.

“You know Chun, its okay if you like Ella. She’s such a nice lady, pretty and kind. Even if she grew up here in the island, she looks so feminine. But I’m just warning you in showing your feelings for her because people here know that we are couple, so I don’t want anybody to suspect us that we’re just pretending to be couple.” Gui Gui continued.

“Gui Gui----,” Chun doesn’t know what to say.

“C’mon Chun, I understand you okay? And I know you, you have never looked any girls the way you look Ella earlier. But duty first before love okay? Don’t worry; once we finish our mission here I’ll help you to court her.” Gui Gui smiled sweetly to Chun.

“What did you say?” Chun was confused because Gui Gui talk really fast so he doesn’t understand what she’s really saying to him.

Gui Gui laugh at Chun’s reaction but suddenly froze upon seeing Aaron again walking in front of them. Gui Gui got nervous so she bowed her head and hold Chun so tight. She was shocked when Chun greeted the guy upon passing them. Chun almost wants to laugh in Gui Gui’s actions.

“Hmmm… why are you blushing?? I smell something fishy here.” Chun said to Gui Gui as the guy passed them.

“What? What did you say?” Shocked Gui Gui shouts at Chun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Give me some comments please... I need your opinion about the way I change my style of writing... I promise to finish this story next week,, then I'll update the story "My Life and My Love"

By the way i will also edit that story,, well to give more specific actions between my characters... I'll try to improve them better...

Thanks again for waiting me to update my stories!