Chapter 5

Investigating Love

 

•• New FriEnD ••

RECAP:

“Hey Aaron, Who are you looking at? Come let’s go to our house.” Jiro tapped Aaron’s shoulder.

“Nothing, you walk first, I’ll follow.” Aaron kept looking at Gui Gui while walking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

INSIDE FAN FAN’S HOUSE..

“I hope the two of you will get to use the kind of life here,” Fan Fan said to them.

“Don’t worry Fan Fan jie, we’ll try.” Gui Gui answer back with a smile.

“By the way, my house has only two rooms. I’m using the one room and Gui Gui can used the second room. And you Chun, you can sleep in the wooden sofa; but you can put your things in Gui Gui’s room, because if someone visit here, they might got confuse why the two of you are separated in bed. And they might suspect the two of you.” Fan Fan explains to them.

“There’s no problem with me,” Chun said about the idea of him sleeping in the wooden sofa.

“Then that’s good. By the way, I’ll accompany you to Jose tomorrow. I’ll ask him to take you in the sea to catch some fish. Well I know it will very be hard for you but…” Fan Fan concern about Chun.

“No, it’s okay. That’s not a big problem,” Chun cuts Fan Fan words.

“Okay, so the two of you should take a rest now; I know that both of you are tired.” Fan Fan said.

“Thank you Fan Fan jie,” Gui Gui thanks Fan Fan.

THE NEXT DAY…

“So I’ll take Chun now okay?” Jose said to Fan Fan while he’s making his way inside the boat.

“Yes. You know that I can’t really afford to feed two more people, so thank you for helping Chun.” Fan Fan whispered to Jose.

“Sure! He seems to have strong arms, so I think he can really do these fishing stuffs.” Jose exclaimed.

“That’s good. Just take of Chun okay? I don’t want my cousin to lose a husband so early, especially that she’s pregnant.” Fan Fan look at Gui Gui and smiled.

“Yeah, I promise I’ll take care of this young man.” Jose assured them.

“Honey, we’ll go now okay? Take care of our baby.” Chun said in a sweet voice and rub Gui Gui’s belly.

“Take care honey,” Gui Gui said as Chun kiss her in the cheek.

Chun and the other guys hop inside the boat. While Jose prepping his stuff, a young lady called his name.

“Ba Ba!” Ella shouted as she run towards Jose.

“Oh Ella, why are you calling me?,” Jose asked her daughter.

Upon hearing the voice of the girl, Chun looks around to see who own the sweet voice; and he was mesmerized with the owner of the voice.

[[CHUN’S POV]]
Wow! She has an angelic face.
So tough outside but weak inside,
She’s so pretty.
[[End of POV]]

“You forgot your water Ba Ba and Ma Ma said that come back early tomorrow.” Ella said to her father while looking at Chun direction.

“Okay, go home now and take care of my chickens,” Jose didn’t notice that her daughter is looking at Chun.

“O---okay.” Ella stammered upon hearing her father’s voice and walks backwards away from them.

Ella didn’t notice Gui Gui and Fan Fan is behind her so she accidentally bumps at Gui Gui.

“Ouch!” Hurt Gui Gui shouted.

“Oh I’m sorry,” Ella faces Gui Gui and apologize.

“Oh it’s you Ella. Why are you doing here and how’s your mother?” Fan Fan asks Ella upon recognizing her.

“Oh, she’s fine Fan Fan jie,” Ella glance at the pregnant woman standing beside Fan Fan and smiled shyly to her.

“Hi!” Gui Gui said in friendly voice.

“H---huh?” Ella stammered and shock to hear Gui Gui’s voice.

“By the way Ella, this is my cousin Gui Gui. She’s living with me. Gui Gui, this is Ella, daughter of Jose.” Fan Fan introduces them to each other.

“H—Hi.” Ella looks at Gui Gui belly.

“And she’s the wife of your father new companion, Chun.” Fan Fan added.

“The tall guy?,” Ella suddenly can’t look at Gui Gui upon knowing that she’s the wife of Chun.

“Yes. So how are you Ella?” Gui Gui offer her hand to shake hands with Ella.

“I—I’m fine, Gui Gui.” Ella shyly accepts the hand of Gui Gui.

“We’re heading home now, come go with us on the way home.” Fan Fan invited Ella.

“H---huh?” Ella was shock.

“That’s right Ella, so that I can know you better and claim you as one of my friends. Well you know it’s very hard if I don’t make friends here excluding of course Fan Fan Jie.” Gui Gui smiled at Ella.

“O—okay,” Ella smiled shyly to Gui Gui and the three ladies walk together on their way home.