Chapter 17

Oh Great, Im falling in Love....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQln0wL6yEU&feature=autoplay&list=PL59C9FC0EDFBD0184&playnext=19

(Listen to it right when you get to the Author's POV)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ji Eun's POV

 

I went to the cafe as usual and finally saw Ji Yeon unnie. She hasn't shown up for a while... or maybe she just worked at different hours. Anyways I went up to her and grinned. She chuckled and motioned for us to sit at one of the tables.

"Unnie, where have you been?" I asked once we sat down. She sighed and gave me smile.

"Don't worry. I've just been busy with other things." She looked down and started messing with her fingers. I noticed she wasn't her usual upbeat self.

"Unnie, what's wrong?" She looked up and gave me a sad smile.

"So you noticed?" I nodded. Looking down, she sighed again and her smiled faded. "We broke up."

I softened and I knew exactly who she was talking about.

"Who did it this time?" She shook her head, lifted her shoulders and dropped them.

"I don't know. I guess we both did?" She said it more like a question. Then an idea popped in my brain.

"Unnie, do you know Junho oppa?" I asked changing the subject. Looking up, she nodded.

"Wae?"

"I was just wondering, maybe you guys could--" Before I could finish, the bell from the door rang and we both looked to see who it was. It was Junho. Perfect.

"Junho Oppa!!" I called. He turned around and smiled when he spotted me but I noticed he got birghter when he saw Ji Yeon unnie. I motioned for him to come over and he did.

When he got to our table, I stood up and pushed him in the seat I was sitting in. I wanted to leave them alone so I made up and excuse to leave.

"Well, I uhh have to go somewhere... So why don't you guys talk..." I turned around and rushed outside before any of them could complain.

I closed my eyes and smiled in content when the cold air and the warm sun hit my face. I opened my eyes and decided it would be a good day to walk by the river.

I walked along the side closest to the river. It was still early in the morning and people were jogging, biking, and doing a bunch of other excersing activities. I looked down and watched my feet move one in front of the other. Christmas is coming up.... I should go shopping soon..

I snapped out of my thoughts when my head bumped into someone's body. "Ow.." I was about to apologize when I looked up rubbing my head and saw that it was Jason. He had the same surprised expression as I had.

"OH! Ji Eun! Haven't seen you in a while." He greeted.

"Neither have I. Where have you been?" I asked curiously. He shoved his hands into his pockets and I saw him flicker his eyes somewhere else then back at me again.

"I've just been, uh... busy." I nodded in understanding. Then I felt a hand grasp my own. Jason was grinning at me with an eyesmile.

"Come on! Why don't we go get ice cream?" I didn't argue and I let him drag me to a nearby ice cream stand. I got vanilla with fudge and he got rocky road.

~~~~~~~

Author's POV

 

Jason glanced a worried look at Ji Eun as she was eating her ice cream. How do I tell her?? He thought.

"Uhhh... Ji Eun..." She looked up at him with expectant eyes.

"Yeah?" Jason was about to say something until he smiled and shook his head.

"Ah, nevermind!" She shrugged looked away and continued eating her ice cream again. Come one Jason! Just tell her... GAWD you chicken.....

"Actually... Ji Eun I have something to tell you." She looked up at Jason again but he looked away and took her to a nearby bench facing the river.

They sat in silence for a while enjoying the amazing scenery. I'm sure going to miss this place... Jason looked ahead with a sad smile, Ji Eun turned her head and noticed the glum expression on Jason.

"Oppa, what's wrong?" He blinked multiple times remembering Ji Eun was there. He turned to her and gave her a reassuring smile.

"Nothing..." She lightly hit Jason's arm.

"Ehhh, geojitmal!" He laughed at her silliness then just as fast he stopped. I'm really going to miss her playfulness...

Ji Eun noticed his sudden change in mood.

"Oppa..." Before she could finish Jason interrupted.

"Ji Eun, I'm leaving." She blinked a couple of times confused and trying to sink in what he just said.

"W-what?" She asked. Jason sighed and looked away. She looked at his hands and noticed he hadn't even finished his ice cream. It was just a puddle of cream in his cup.

"I said I'm leaving." Ji Eun shot her eyes up and looked at the side profile of Jason.

"Why?! When?! Where?!" Somewhere deep inside her she hopped Jason was just playing a prank on her and he'd say he was kidding.

"My parents want to move and I'm leaving..... tonight." Ji Eun felt herself getting more and more hysetrical the more he spoke.

"You didn't answer my last question." She firmly said trying to get a hold of herself.

"I'm moving to France..." Ji Eun felt her heart break and tears threatened to fall from her eyes. Jason looked at her and his heart broke in a million pieces. He wanted to reach out and hug her and tell her that it was going to be okay but he knew that was just going to make this harder. Please don't cry Ji Eun... It's already hard enough saying goodbye to you....

"F-france...." She barely whispered the words. She looked down then back up again to meet Jason's eyes.

"You're going to visit... right?" Jason could see so much hope and pleading in her eyes it was hard not to hug her. He sighed and looked down not wanting to meet Ji Eun's eyes.

"I... don't know Ji Eun... My parents really don't want to come back but--" Jason was cut off when he heard a loud hiccup. He shot his eyes up and a tear had slid down Ji Eun's cheek.

He couldn't hold himself back and hugged her, gathering her in his arms and patting her back lightly. Ji Eun wrapped her arms around Jason's neck hugging him tighter, never wanting to let go.

"Shhh... It's okay.." He reassured. Ji Eun couldn't hold back her tears anymore and a waterfall came out from her eyes. She closed them and cried silently onto Jason's neck.

Jason couldn't bear it and a few tears slid down his cheeks. He closed them and rubbed Ji Eun's back.

"It's okay... Don't cry, please don't cry..." Although he was speaking to Ji Eun it sounded more like he was trying to ease his pain.

After hugging and crying for a while, they pulled away from each others arms and looked out ahead at the sparkling river lapsing into a silence.

"What about Pil Suk?" Ji Eun asked breaking the quietness.

"She already went back to America." She nodded and it was quiet again. Jason stood up, walked in front of Ji Eun, kneeled down on one knee and held out a hand.

"Since this is my last day today, I would like to spend it with someone very important to me. Ji Eun." She laughed forgetting the emotional scene earlier and took his hand.

"Let's go." They stood up and walked along the river hand in hand enjoying every second they had left with each other.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

YAY!! I updated!! Even though I'm not home!!

but I promise I'll be updating more often!

A little emotional scene here!! *sniff* Bye Jason!!

*sniff* *sniff* I lost a subscriber... Oh well...

I LOVE YOU ALL ANYWAYS!!!!

<333