Aftermath

Joseon Trip

"It doesn't matter whose fault it is! You two should have known better" Princess Muk Ja retorted. Aemi and Sungjae look at Royal Princess Muk Ja in shock. The proud expression on Royal Prince Sungjae  vanished and is replaced by a regret expression. He looked at Aemi from head to toe and realised she was really a mess. "Your Highness! Please don't punish Princess Aemi. It was my fault" Lili was kneeling on the floor while crying frantically.


 

Aemi's POV:

I swallowed my pride and stared at Lili who's kneeling for me. I was actually tearing up and I didn't realise that a tear has escaped from me. I should think before I acted. It was really unprofessional of me. This dynasty is not like my own time. I should be careful. The tear was b down from my face and I couldn't hear my surrounding. I couldn't control it anymore. "Don't cry!" I heard Prince Sungjae shouted. He looked at me worriedly. I looked up and realised that Mother has already gone. He looked at me in concern.

 

I wiped my tear and asked Lili to stand up. She did what I told her. Prince Sungjae still looks at me worriedly. "I will be going now, your highness." I bowed my head and left him alone, looking at me with that worry expression of his.

 

As I arrived at my room, the door was already fixed. I sighed and asked Lili to leave me alone. I was reflecting on what I have just done earlier. I missed home and my family and so that night, I cried myself out until I fell asleep without even eating dinner.

 

"Your highness" I heard a soft voice. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Lili smiling at me. I sat up and rubbed my eyes sleepily. "Oh Lili, what is it?" I said weakly. "Royal Princess Muk Ja wants to have breakfast with you and the royal princes today," Lili said softly as she worriedly looked at me. "Ah, I should be going right?" I asked bitterly while forcing a smile. Lily pitifully nodded her head. I stand up slowly and face myself at Lili. "You know, last night, I'm really sorry. I didn't think before I acted. I promise I wouldn't-"It is okay my princess, you're still not familiar with this dynasty anyway. But, trust me, princess, I will always be your follower and I will always be with you as your faithful servant." I smiled and nodded my head. At least, I still have someone to trust. "Thank you," I said before I went to the bathroom.


 

"I am truthfully sorry about last night Your Highness. My brother always acts without thinking" Royal Prince Myungsoo apologetically look at Princess Muk Ja. He was really worried when he heard what happened last night. Royal Prince Sungjae tightens his grip while looking at Royal Prince Myungsoo. Royal Prince Leo also looked at Myungsoo with envy on his face. "It is fine, Prince Myungsoo, it was also my fault for not properly raised my daughter as you have heard that she just came back from her studies." Royal Princess Muk Ja humbly said. Royal Prince Leo smiled at her words. "So, is your daughter still single, your majesty?" By Prince Leo's question, she was taken aback but still remain with her composure. "I am afraid, I still don't have any candidate for her future husband. Would you like to volunteer then Prince Leo?" She asked teasingly. The other 2 princes were speechless. "I am really honoured, your highness" Prince Leo replied while secretly giving a victorious look to the 2 princes.

 

"And also, do call me Aunty, no need to be formal. We are family after all" Muk Ja casually said. "Princess Aemi has already arrived." The eunuch announced. The door open revealing Princess Aemi with a beautiful hanbok that suited her style. Aemi bowed at them and took a seat next to her mother. She fiddled with her fingers nervously because she knew all eyes were on her.

 

 

"Oh dear darling, don't you all think my beloved daughter is really pretty?" Muk Ja said proudly. The 3 princes were speechless and as for Aemi, she just kept quiet with her head down. "I am really sorry about last night Mother!" She unexpectedly blurted out while closing her eyes. Muk Ja laughed it off and assure her that it was all fine. With that answer, Aemi relaxed and laugh together with her. It was unexpectedly a very good breakfast for them. 


 

Aemi's POV:

 Well, the breakfast thingy turned out well surprisingly, but why do I get the feeling that something big will happen today? I heaved a sigh and look around my room. I was alone today. Lili has been assigned to train 3 new maids. There are 3 guards outside my room but they kept on apologising when I tried to talk with them. I heaved a sigh again.

 

Then this idea popped out from me. I decided to continue my practice with Jaejoong. I changed my hanbok to an army suit. It always feels much better wearing it than that really heavy hanbok. With a smile, I opened the door only to be greeted by that jerk, Royal Prince Sungjae. Yup, that's really suited for a person like him. I scrunched my nose in annoyance and walked pass him. The 3 guards look at each other, not knowing how to react.

 

"Princess Aemi" He called me rather softly. I stopped from my track and reluctantly look at him, waiting for him to speak. "Are you going to the practice arena?" He asked while still keeping that ugly smile of his. I forced a smile and breathed in to control myself. "Yes, your highness," He smirked. Something tells me  that I will not like what he will say next.

 

"I'll go with you" I was already on my limit but thank god Royal Prince Myungsoo interrupt us. "I'll come also" My face beamed by what Royal Prince Myungsoo just said. At least, there is someone who will keep an eye on him just in case he gets a little bit cocky.

 

While walking to the practice arena, I kept on glancing at Prince Myungsoo. He is very good-looking and also have a good body proportion. The way he speaks also manly and kind. He's not like that jerk who keep on making ugly faces. "Are you sick my lady?" By that words from Prince Myungsoo, my face flushed much redder. I didn't notice I was blushing until now. Prince Sungjae scoffs at me and I automatically glared at him. "I- I'm not" I stuttered. Pabo! I blamed myself. 


Here's an update!