A Royal Dinner

Joseon Trip

"Your Royal Highness, May I know whom are you inviting for the upcoming royal dinner?" An eunuch asked the King. "It is just a small dinner with all my wives and sons and also my beloved little sister, Princess Muk Ja" The King smiled when he said her name. It's been a long time since he met her. "Yes, Your Highness. But My King, I heard Princess Muk Ja has a daughter. The rumours are already spreading everywhere. So I think it is not a rumour, your highness." "Why I haven't heard about this before?" The king asked slightly confused. "Confirm this with my sister as soon as possible." He ordered the Eunuch. "Yes, Your Majesty!" 

 

"I've heard it too Your Majesty" Queen Seonduk entered the King's chamber. "That Princess Muk Ja has a daughter that none of us knew or meet her before. Maybe we shall take a visit to her palace and see it ourselves." The Queen calmly suggested. "I did love to meet her too my beloved queen but I am a busy King after all. How about we send the princes to confirm it with my sister? They haven't meet her for a while already." The Queen nodded her head in agreement and she just hoped that her dear son, Royal Prince Sungjae, will agree to this.

 

"Announce me" Queen Seonduk ordered the guard. "Royal Prince Sungjae, Queen Seonduk is here to see you, your Highness" There was no answer from the Prince's chamber. Queen Seonduk frowned and took matter into her own hands. "Force open the door" She ordered the guard. The door opened revealing lots of ginseng inside. She scrunched her nose in dismissal. She knew her son loves woman but this is just too much. 

 

Prince Sungjae was playing with one of the ginseng seductively when he noticed all the ginseng was bowing down. He looked at the entrance and saw his mother looking at him with stern face. He gulped and ordered all the ginsengs out. "Sorry about that mother, I was-"

 

Queen Seonduk had slapped her own son. "Don't be foolish! If you dare to impregnant-" "I will never do such thing with them Mother" Prince Sungjae cut her off. He was rebelling for his own freedom and the queen knew that. It was silent for a moment. "The King, has assigned all his sons to visit Princess Muk Ja. You will be off today before sun set. Don't be stupid or running away. Or else, I'll kill myself." It always been the same threat every time. He nodded his head. "At least I still have some freedom" He mumbled after his mother left his room.

 

The three princes have gathered in front of the palace with their horses. Some guards were assigned to protect them. They departed earlier than planned. "So Royal Prince Myungsoo, what you've been up to lately?" Royal Prince Sungjae tried to start a conversation as he felt really bored. "And why do you want to know this, Royal Prince Sungjae?" He asked back. "As expected from you, Myungsoo, my brother, you never answered the question straightly." Royal Prince Sungjae .

 

Prince Myungsoo frowned when Prince Sungjae called him informally and Prince Sungjae noticed it too. He smirked. "Am I bothering you, Myungsoo?" Prince Sungjae really like to as it was easy. Prince Myungsoo gritted his teeth. "Of course not, Sungjae" He replied back while trying to suppressed his anger and kick his horse to move faster. "Tsk, trying to ignore me huh" Sungjae talk quietly to himself.

 

"Your Highness, we have arrived." One of the guard announced the three princes. They were in front of the gate of the palace. "Announced it-" Before even Prince Myungsoo can finished his sentence, horse footsteps can be heard behind them and so all the guards got into their defense positions. But all they saw was 4 guards with a lady behind them. They were too in defense position ready to protect Princess Aemi. They were shocked to see a lady riding a horse.

 

"Princess!!!" Lili shouted and ran in front of the princess's horse to protect her.

 

The three princes looked at her from head to toe. Her eyes that doesn't need an eyeliner, her pink lips and most importantly her face which showed no fear. They were in trance and wondering who the hell this lady is. "Lowered your weapon. They are the royal princes." The captain of the guards for the 3 princes shouted.

 

All Princess Aemi's guard including Jaejoong lowered their weapon and got down from their horses to bow at the 3 princes apologetically. Lili was too drop to the ground. Princess Aemi cluelessly look at them.  "I said they are the 3 princes. Lowered your gaze!" The captain shouted at Princess Aemi which shocked her a little bit.

 

Jaejoong got back up. "I am sorry royal princes for our rudeness. We were just protecting Princess Aemi, the daughter's of Royal Princess Muk Ja." he explained. The captain's eyes widen in shock and dropped to his knees showing respect to Princess Aemi and so does all the guards. "Enough!" Princess Aemi shouted. All eyes were on her.

 

"Princess, what are you doing?" Lili whispered. Aemi ignored her. "Open the gate!" She shouted. Aemi was pissed that her guards have to bow down on the dirty ground just because of  a silly mistake. "Let's go inside now." She said with a stern voice. All her guards did what she told. She could tell the 3 princes are shocked.