The Cave

Joseon Trip

Aemi's POV:

I woke up really early today than usual. My view was blocked by something. It was Myungsoo's chest. I. NO. WE slept on the same bed!!? It took a while for me to realised. I can feel my cheek gets hotter and my heart races faster. I carefully get up from my bed, trying not to wake him up. Unfortunately, he stirred and then sat up. This is gonna be awkward!!!

 

"You're early." He just calmly said. How come he is so calm!!? I turned around and oh my, I regret it so much. He is so handsome. Of course, I'm not gonna say about his hair because it's long so I'm not gonna say his sleep hair. But damn, how come he is so good looking even from sleep. "ermm… yeah." He stared at me for a while. He must be thinking how ugly I am with my puff eyes. But then he smiled and as he gets up, he mumbled something that I can't hear. Aemi! Think! Ask him something!

 

"Are you okay now?" I asked him cautiously. "I think you were drunk last-" "-I'm fine and I wasn't drunk" He smiled at me. Is he implying that he was on his stable mental state last night? Does that mean he….. Has a feeling for me? I looked at him adjusting his hanbok, preparing to leave. "M-Myungsoo?" Oh god! What am I doing?

 

"About last-" "-I'll guide you to the cave this afternoon. Get ready by then." He told me and then left. I don't know why but….. I FEEL OFFENDED! WE SLEPT TOGETHER BUT HE JUST WENT WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT IT! I mean I know that nothing happened but seriously! I tried to calm down by gulping some water. "LILI!"

 

Lili then came running toward me. "Yes Aemi?" She was anticipating. I can tell. I calmed myself and smiled at her hinting 'I am not gonna tell you about last night'. "Can you please tell Yumi that we're leaving for the cave this afternoon?" She pouted. "Yes, your highness."  She slowly go outside, maybe hoping that I will call her again.

 

I already prepared my backpack on my carriage. No matter what, I must go back home today. I MUST.


 

~AFTERNOON, around 2pm~

"Everyone ready?" Myungsoo shouted to his followers. Aemi and Yumi were really excited. "I can't wait to go back!" Aemi exclaimed loudly. "Shhhh! People might hear us" Aemi mouthed sorry and Yumi laughed at her behaviour. "Lets go then!" Myungsoo shouted again.

 

The carriage started to move. "Aemi, do you-- ehmm - like Myungsoo?" Yumi asked her cautiously. Aemi's facial expression change to a sad one. "Doesn't matter now is it?" Then she smiled. "We're going back and that's all it is," She nudged Yumi and give her teasing look. "Why? You have someone?" She wriggled her eyebrows. Yumi just rolled her eyes. "Nope, Joseon men are not my type especially with their long hairs." Aemi laughed at her statement. "But, you know, you can stay. It's up to you." Aemi stopped laughing at her words. "True but this world is not ours. I just hope maybe, in the present day, I will meet all of them. Or maybe Myungsoo? Omg! I must see him with short hair hahahaha,"

Yumi laughed along. "I assure you, for Prince Leo and Prince Sungjae. They are closer in the present that you thought Aemi." Aemi stopped laughing, leaving Yumi laughing by herself. Aemi looked at her curiously. "What do you mean?" She asked her which stopped Yumi from laughing. "Ey? You forgot already? Nevermind. You'll see when we get back. I do hope you will meet Myungsoo someday,"  After that, it was silent. They are thinking about their memories and adventures they had experienced.

 

 

The whole journey was then quite until they finally arrived. Lili opened the door for Yumi and Aemi. "We're going inside." Yumi stated. Jaejoong and Lili were there too. "Let me accompany you, your highness" He was worry. Aemi just smiled. "It's okay, me and Princess Yumi needs our privacy. I heard there's lake inside so yeah!" Aemi was excited. And for the whole time, Myungsoo was just staying quiet with his expressionless face. "Thank you." Aemi blurted out to Jaejoong. Jaejoong went to his knees. "No, your highness. It was a great honor to work with you." Aemi smiled. Yumi who was already at the entrance waves at Aemi to hurry up. Aemi stopped in front of Myungsoo. "Thank you." Myungsoo  just stayed quiet. "For letting me go." At  that words, Myungsoo just stared at her face. He smiled bitterly. "Go before I change my mind." He said.  Aemi return his smile with a smile of hers.

 

"Oh Lili! Thank you for everything. Truly really" Aemi flashed her a smile. Lili already knew what's going on. Even though she's sad, she can't force Aemi to stay. This is not her world and she knows that. "It's better to be this way," She mumbled.

 

Aemi then ran to Yumi. "You're ready?" Yumi asked her. Aemi nodded her head. "Lets do this." They then entered the dark cave.