Royal Dinner

Joseon Trip

Hy guys, here's the update after a long time. I'm having my exam now T.T but I already wrote this chapter like 2 weeks ago. I always want to update it but unfortunately, I have so many stuff to do. Uni life people *sigh*


The atmosphere was lively. All the royal family was there. The sitting position was in u-shaped. King Suk Jung sits at the centre while Queen Seonduk was beside her. At the left side of King Sukjung, Princess Muk Ja, Lady Park (Prince Leo's mother) and Lady Kim (Prince Myungsoo's mother). While Princess Aemi sat next to Queen Seonduk, next to her were Prince Sungjae, Prince Leo and Prince Myungsoo. A small royal dinner.

 

"So Princess Aemi, what do you think of my palace?" The King asked her all of the sudden. "Ermm. Well-" Aemi looked at Princess Muk Ja for help. The King smiled, noticing how uncomfortable she is, "It's okay. Just be honest." He urged.

 

"Well, To be honest with you, it is big but I feel suffocated because you did really great in securing your palace, your highness." Princess Aemi nervously said. "hmm.. I guess you will reject my offer to marry you off with one of my sons then." He laughed it off. Aemi just laughed nervously. While the 3 princes were disappointed upon hearing this.

 

 Princess Muk Ja was chit chatting with Lady Park and Lady Kim while the King and the Queen talked with each other. Princess Aemi and the 3 princes just sat there quietly while eating their food. It was really awkward for them. King Sukjung realised this and decided it was time for him to step up his plan.

 

"So Aemi, what do you think of my sons?" Aemi was really shocked that the King actually asked her that question. "Just be honest." The King said casually.

 

"I'm tired of this!!" Prince Sungjae threw his food in front and some of the drink spilled on Aemi's clothes. The other 2 princes sighed in relief as they too don't want to hear Aemi's answer. "Prince Sungjae!" Queen Seonduk shouted angrily and apologised to Aemi. Aemi just brushed it off casually. She excused herself and apologised for not staying till the dinner end.

 

After Aemi left, Queen Seonduk started nagging at her son. Prince Sungjae just quietly listened to her mother babbling. "Father" He cut off his mother's words. "Why did you asked such questions to her?" It was silent for a while. "Just because I want to. Why is this affecting the three of you?" The King diverted the question to his sons.

 

Prince Sungjae who was always been the blunt one answered it pretty quickly without hesitation. "I like her" Everyone in the room were shock. Prince Sungjae stood up and leave the room.

 

"Well…. That was really honest. And how about the 2 of you." The King asked Prince Leo and Prince Myungsoo who were quiet. "I'm not sure" Prince Myungsoo started. "I need time. But, she does have an effect on me." Now, the king was looking at Prince Leo who seems to be in a very deep thought.

 

"I hate her" Prince Leo actually blurted it out and paused. "Because she always in my mind, making me suffer all day and night." With that answer, King Sukjung just sighed and signaled them to go. The King was in a very deep thought and so as everyone. Because of love, there might be a brother dispute someday. But it was different for Princess Mukja. She was worry about Aemi. She needs to find a way for her to get back as soon as possible.