The adventure started

Joseon Trip

The bus took 3 hours to arrive at the stated destination, Korean Past Museum. Aemi and Yumi looked at each other with worried expression. The Museum was really ancient, like the past palace but gloomy.  "Well, this will be fun isn't it?" Aemi asked Yumi who has mixed expression on her face but eventually replaced by an excited expression. "Of course it will!" She marched funnily to the museum. Aemi laughed watching her best friends being a goofy. Yumi was already at the entrance so Aemi quickly ran to her. "Wait for me!"

 

The museum unexpectedly has 15 sections so the lecturer assigned 2 persons for each section so that it will not be crowded or noisy. Aemi and Yumi happily went together. They chose 'the gateway to the past' section as they thought the name was really interesting. Weirdly, they were told to carry their heavy bags while looking around the museum.

 

Aemi's POV:

We went inside the section which was a big room full of artificial trees, house, sand, modelling the Joseon Dynasty environment which was why I felt like I had time traveled back to the past. I had to admit, they really nailed this one. "Aemi! Look at this!" Yumi shouted excitedly while pointing at something. She was pointing at a big cave. I couldn't see the inside as it was pitch black. "Shall we?" She teased me while walking toward the cave. Truthfully, I don't like her idea at all. We can't see the inside of the cave but whatever, I am curious of the inside as well.

 

As I was at the entrance of the cave. I heard a voice asking for help or it was just my imagination. I shrugged my shoulders and was going to go inside but I realised that Yumi was nowhere. Panic began to conquer me. I took a very deep breath and trying to calm myself. "Yumi! Are you inside?" There was no answer. Maybe Yumi is playing trick at me again. I pulled out my phone and my phone's flashlight. But the next thing I knew, my head was spinning and I had headache and eventually it was all black.

 

"Your highness! We must report this immediately to the king." I heard a woman's voice said. I still had a little headache and my body felt really heavy. I raised my hand and massaged my temple. "Don't worry, She's harmless" I heard another voice said. "But Your Highness, she could be dangerous. Just look at the clothes she was wearing earlier. It was really weird! Please your-" "Enough! I shall take her as my daughter. They will believe me. My brother will never question me." I believe they were quarrelling about something but the way they talked is ancient like in historical drama. Maybe it was from the drama that mom is watching.

 

I forcefully made myself in sitting position but… THIS IS NOT MY ROOM! I panic. I immediately stood up and take a very deep breath. Maybe I am still at the museum. I must have banged my head on something. But… I AM WEARING A HANBOK! WHO ON EARTH HAS CHANGED MY CLOTHES!? I felt really harassed here.

 

I raised my hands to my face to feel my glasses but I was not wearing it and weirdly, my eyesight is not blur anymore. It was perfectly fine. OMG! What is this sorcery!?

 

I dropped to the floor as the door was opened by a woman maybe in her 30s. Her eyes were wide as mine as we looked at each other. She closed the door leaving me hopeless on the floor. "Your highness! She is already awake!" I heard her saying nervously. Why are they speaking like we are in an ancient Korea!? The door was opened again but this time I saw a beautiful lady in her 40s looking at me dearly. She has a really big hairdo like in the historical drama. Am I in some kind of candid camera or something.

 

She stepped inside and her maids closed the door for her. It was just me and her in the room. She smiled and said "Welcome to Joseon Dynasty. I've been waiting for you." My eyes were wide open when she said that. This must be some kind of joke. Yeah, this must be a joke. I kept on telling myself as she helped me stand up. I kept my eyes on her examining her face just in case she laughed out loud.