The Royal Family

Joseon Trip

"I'm so tired of this!? I mean, I am not interested with politics or staying in the royal palace. Why should I learn the royal etiquette." One of the Royal prince, Prince Sungjae, whined. He was always the black sheep of the royal family. He's not interested in the King throne or any position in the palace. All he wanted was traveling and see the outside world. The only person who stand his way was The Queen Seonduk, his beloved mother. His mother wanted him to be the crown prince.

 

"Your Highness, please don't be like this. Let's continue learning the royal poet-" The Scholar tried to persuade him. "He's right, why does he have to learn all that when the Crown Prince is me?" Another prince enter the study room with pride shown on his face. His name is Prince Leo. "Prince Leo" The scholar bowed as a show of respect. Prince Leo was known as a genius. He already completed all his studies and even has touched the subject of politic with his father, The King Suk Jung.

 

Prince Sungjae rolled his eyes and yawned. "Then that's settle, I don't need this anymore. My beloved brother, Leo, can be the crown prince" He laid on the floor with his arms on his head closing his eyes. "Not a chance, I am the one who will be the crown prince." Another prince appeared in the study room. The scholar bowed to him and decided that it was time for him to retreat from the study room. "Prince Myungsoo, Long time no see my brother. How's your team doing?" Prince Leo asked flatly. Prince Myungsoo always been his enemy as Prince Myungsoo is strong and had been to a war, side by side with the King. He could also be a perfect candidate. Too perfect that Prince Leo despised him.

 

Sure, Prince Leo can fight and he is a genius but he never lead a war before, unlike Prince Myungsoo. He is one of the captain of the war team and defense. A great candidate to be the crown prince. Prince Myungsoo and Prince Leo looked at each other in hatred until it was broken by Prince Sungjae. "Okay guys, if you guys want to fight, I will not stop both of you. But I'm out of here." Prince Sungjae lazily went towards the door.

 

"Well, I guess the party is over. After all I am a busy prince with lots of things to do." Prince Myungsoo smirked teasing Prince Leo. "For your info. Our father assigned me to take care of the Chinese delegations matter. So I am too, a busy prince." Prince Leo went pass him, purposely bumped his shoulder with Prince Myungsoo.


 

Aemi look at the beautiful lady. "Welcome to Joseon Dynasty. I've been waiting for you" Aemi dropped to the floor and covered her ears with her hands while shutting her eyes tightly. "This must be a dream!" She suddenly stood up and shook the lady's shoulders. "Tell me this is a candid camera or this is just a play! Yeah, you're acting right now-" The lady put her hands up signaling Aemi to be quiet. Aemi obeyed. "Sit first dear. We have the whole day so ask me lots of questions." Aemi did what's had been told by her but her body is still shaking.

 

After she calmed down, the lady started to talk. "My name is Princess Muk Ja. I am the younger sister of King Suk Jung. I knew about you 2 days ago as I opened the letter that has been passed down from generations. The letter can only be opened according to its date so I was too, shocked like you right now. I mean how come a person from a future time travel here. The letter showed me where you are going to pop up and it tell me what to do with you. It is my duty to protect you so I decided to make you my daughter. The daughter that no one knows about as you were studying outside around the world." Aemi just look blankly at the floor when she explained all of it. She was trying to engulfed this situation. She calmed herself and asked, "So…. When am I going to go back to my own time?"

 

"That, I do not know. I'm sorry but you do not have to worry. I will protect you and hid your identity." She looked Aemi in the eyes and hold her hands. "I know this is hard for you but I assured you, it will be okay." She was really mother-like in the eyes of Aemi that she nodded her head.

 

"May I know where is all my things, Your Highness?" Aemi asked carefully since she was talking to a princess after all. "I hid your belongings somewhere safe and away from here as I am careful not to let people know about it. But, I do hid your small bag in that treasure box. So you do not have to worry about it my dear daughter, and please do call me Mother" She said softly to Aemi with a kind smile.

 

"Now, shall we learn some etiquette today? It will be fun. You also needs to learn self-defense which one of my personal bodyguard will teach you." She said rather excitedly. Aemi smiled and thought that maybe it will not be hard as she thought it would be.


 

Aemi's POV:

Princess Muk Ja,  I mean mother had taught me so many things already. Like how to walk, eat, wear clothes. Though I am still not used to people following me. She has assigned one of the servant, Lili, to help me. Lili is the same age as me and she knew where I come from. Eventually, she became my best friend.  It's been 3 days I am here and yet I still have a lot to learn. I can't even wear hanbok without the help of the servants and I am not fond about showering with some ladies watching me.

 

Sometimes, I sneaked out to wear my proper clothes and played with my phone. Thank god my real mom put solar charger in my bag. I couldn't live without my phone. I also once showed Lili my phone and she called it sorcerer. I was laughing really hard when I saw her wide big eyes which I took a picture of it.

 

The Joseon Dynasty is nice so far….

 

Author's note:

Hello Guys ^^ I was planning to write for about 20 chapters only but it seems the story will get longer... So what do you guys think so far? and also do please tell me if I made some mistakes. Thank you everyone <3