Departing to the palace

Joseon Trip

Princess Muk Ja was already in the carriage. All of them were all ready to go. Princess Aemi was really stubborn to ride her horse which all of them have to give in after a very long quarrel. As they passed through the city, all the citizen were all whispering about her.

 

"She must be the daughter of Princess Muk Ja"

 

"She's pretty and look really wise."

 

"I think someday she will be the queen."

 

Then a little kid was blocking their way.

 

"My lord please check my mom, she is sick and we don't have money" He was crying his eyes out. Princess Aemi bit her lip in concern and look at the 3 princes' faces which shown no effect at all. "Get away little kid!" One of the guards kicks him out of the way which made him cry even louder. The bystander looks pitifully at the little kid. Princess Aemi immediately goes down from her horse and helped the kid get up.

 

"It's okay, little kid. Please stop crying. So where is your mother?" Princess Aemi asked him softly. "What are you doing!?" Prince Leo shouted angrily at her making her flinched a little. She mustered her courage and talked back to him. "I'm helping a person in needs." She was glaring at Prince Leo with such hatred. "Tsk! And so!?" Princess Aemi was going to refute back but Prince Myungsoo beat her. "We'll go first. I'll be leaving you with my 2 guards." With that, he assigned 2 guards for Princess Aemi. She was left behind with Lili and the 2 guards.  Princess Muk Ja watched her daughter in concern.


 

Princess Aemi's POV:

I thought Myungsoo was different. I guess I was wrong. I looked at the kid who was gesturing me where to go. A small and wrecked house at the end of the village. "My mom is dying. Please save her." The little kid looked at me hopefully. I nodded my head and told one of the villages to find a doctor. I watched the woman who was breathing heavily. I put my hand on her forehead. It was really hot. She has a fever. If only, my travel bag was here, I could easily give her the pills, but I cannot afford to expose myself.

 

The doctor came after a few minutes. He examined her and gave some medicines. I paid him twice the original payment. The woman is breathing normally now. I sighed in relief. "Pretty lady, Thank you for saving my mom." The little kid gratefully said to me. I smiled at him and told him that everything is going to be fine. I bid him goodbye and made my way to the palace using my horse. The atmosphere was tensed and so no one talks. Lili too was surprisingly quiet on our way to the royal palace. The two guards followed suit.

 

As I arrived, I was really starstruck. The royal palace is really big and looks lively. As I get inside, Myungsoo was waiting for me. I could tell that he was concerned. Mother was with him.

 

"Are you okay dear? You're not hurt right?" Mother checked me from head to toe, just in case I got hurt. I looked at the retreating figure of Myungsoo who seemed relief when he saw me. "I am fine Mother, rest assure," I smiled, assuring her.

 

I was escorted by the palace maid to my chamber and it is really huge. Even Lili gaped at it. I assume it must be her first time too. "Wow, Look at this Aemi. Gold teapot!" I laughed at her statement. She was childish for once. "So what do you think of the palace Princess Aemi?" I know that voice. It was that jerk!

 

I scrunched my nose in annoyance while Lili bowed her head as respect. "It's good so far, Prince Sungjae" He stared at my face for a while which made me uncomfortable. "WHAT!?" I accidently asked him rather rudely. He flashed me with his eyes smile and  was actually taken aback by it. "You does make a good queen someday." He stated seriously.

 

Now, I am blanked at what he just said. But to remain my composure, I joked around saying, "And who do you think will be my king someday?" I smirked. "If that's what it takes to be with you, I might take the risk to be king." Again, his answer made me taken aback especially when he is serious. But being the sometimes blunt I am, "Are you saying you love me or is this just some kind of joke?"

 

"It's too fast to say I love you but I am serious when it comes to my feeling. Just think of this as a beginning." He then retreated back out of my room. I seriously will kill that jerk!

 

"Uhm" Lili who was quiet behind me was now looking at me with a daebak expression on her face. Oh boy, here it is again. "Omo!!!!! Prince Sungjae just CONFESSED at you!!!!" I blocked my ears using my hand and laid on the bed ignoring all her fangirling. I hate prince.


Sorry for the late update guys. My laptop was really sluggish after I downloaded Matlab for my engineering course so I just got a new upgrade for my laptop today, changed the ram to 4gb XD and I love my laptop so much now. It runs much faster lol XD obviously.