The trip

Joseon Trip

 

Aemi's POV:

 

I woke up by the sound of my alarm clock on my bedside, ringing oh so hyperly. I felt completely hopeless when it comes to waking up and that is why I am going back to sleep. "WAKE UP!" I jumped off from my bed and stood up immediately from the loud voice of my mum. It became a routine already. Sleepily, I tidied up my bed and forced myself to shower.

 

I hate cold water in the morning especially when the heater took a long time just to heat my water for shower and don't get me started with the toilet's seat. That was why I like to wake up late. Knock! Knock! "Yes mum! I'll be quick. Don't worry about the bus trip. I can always skip it" I joked. 

 

"If you miss the bus trip, I will be happy to send you to the 'Happy Camp' again" She replied. I cringed when she mentioned 'Happy Camp' because the last time I went there. OMG!. The camp is just too cheery and ugh! I don't know why the supervisors were all so happy with their creepy smiles and that- that clothes they were wearing! Yuck!.

 

I quickly changed to my trip clothes and grab my bag. It was heavy because apparently my mum put a lot of - useless - things inside. She said just in case I need it. I felt like I was moving out from my house or running away from it which I think might be a great idea. I went to the dining table and saw my dad and my not so little brother anymore eating their breakfast. I took a seat next to my brother.

 

"Are you excited for the trip?" My dad asked me excitedly. "Yeap! Can't wait to see the historical things" I said flatly. My parents just don't get it that I'm a mathematician, not historian whom my best friend is and which also the reason why I was agreeing on go to this trip. Plus, there is no trip for Mathematics anyway.

 

"Seriously Noona, you look like a kid wearing that t-shirt. It's really big for you. I just can't believe you're already 19 years old and in the first year of University." My devilish brother laughed. He always teased me about my physical especially my height. I gritted my teeth ready to talk back but my phone rang.

 

It was my best friend, Yumi. I tap the green button and place my phone in my right ear.

 

Y: Yo! Where are you? I think I'm too early. I'm already here!  *high pitched voice*

 

A: I'm eating my breakfast you early birdie. And why are you early anyway? The bus will arrive for the next 1 hour.

 

Y: I was really super excited this morning and I accidently arrive early.

 

A: Okay, I'm eating so see ya

 

I quickly ended the call and put my phone down. "Aemi, that is really rude of you." My mum reproaches me while putting her cake in the oven. Here she goes. "You ended the call like that again and I will-" My phone rang again. *exo-call me baby playing*

 

"Opps! Have to take this call" I said sarcastically. My mum looked at me with a stern look. I gulped and answer my call.

 

A: What is it Yumi?

 

Y: The kingkas are early today! *high pitched*

 

She always has a thing for good looking guys. I rolled my eyes while my mom was eyeing me.

 

A: Uhmm okay, okay, don't worry I'll be there, have to go.

 

I ended the call and looked warily at my mom who was crossing her hands in dismay. "I-" "Ehem, Honey, they're best friend. Best friend always talk like that to each other." My dad supported me. "I always talk like that to my friend too mom." My lil bro helped me too. My mom sighed and nodded her head.

 

I gulp my drink until it finish and grab my heavy bag. "I'm going now, bye mom, dad and bro" I quickly put my shoes on and open the door to be greeted by refreshing wind. I smiled and started my way to the Seoul University.

 

As I arrived, I was shocked to see that everyone, I mean all, already in the bus. Most probably because most of them are top students. I sighed and clumsily went inside the bus. A hand waved at me signalling me to sit next to her. It was Yumi. Everyone look at me curiously. I bet they will ask why would a mathematician like me doing here on a historian trip.

 

"Aren't you a mathematician?" A model like a girl asked me with her too much make-up face. "Yes, why? I am also interested in the history of our country. Is there a problem?" I pushed my glasses up a little bit. Yes, I wore glasses. "Ah okay, that's great to hear" A smile plastered on her face. I finally reach my seat, next to Yumi.

 

"Who was that?" I whispered. "That is my senior. She's in the third year already. She really knows almost everything here" Yumi answered my question. No wonder that girl- I mean senior knew that I'm a mathematician.

 

The bus started to leave the place. Nothing much happened in the bus. Most of the time we spent on sleeping.