The Purpose

Joseon Trip

"Ah~~~~ It's been 2 days already!!! Still no news?" Aemi was lying on her bed whining about the rescuers. "Are they even trying!? And why isn't Prince Myungsoo replying to me? What is this!? And I can't even come out from my chamber!" She kept on whining. "Aemi-ah, last time you try to escape when Princess Mukja said you can go to the lake so it is no wonder that Princess Mukja keeps you in your chamber," Lili said as a matter of fact. Aemi pout. "Yeah but still! I need the sunshine too." Aemi whined again. "You can always open the window for sunshine." Lili sighed. Aemi in her whining mode was the last thing she wants now. "Ah~~~ I'm really bored. I seriously want to go out and breathe in some fresh air." Aemi pouted. She was still lying on her bed.

 

"Princess Mukja is here, your highness." The eunuch announced. With that announcement, Aemi covered herself with her blanket pretending to sleep while Lili just bowed at Princess Mukja awkwardly. "Princess Aemi, Are you going to ignore me now?" Princess Mukja softly asked. Aemi sighed and sat up. She looked at the floor, trying not to make eye contact.

 

Princess Mukja sighed. "And here I am going to give you permission to visit Prince Myungsoo. I guess you don't want it." Aemi looked up at her shocked. "Really?" Her face light up. "Can I? Really?" She asked excitedly. "Yes, of course but a short visit only. You must go back here before the sunset. Promise?" Princess Mukja sternly told her. "Yes, Promise!" She shouted happily.


 

Aemi's POV:

"Your highness, we have arrived at the camp site. Would you like to rest first?" Jaejoong asked me. I smiled and shook my head. "Guide me to Prince Myungsoo," I ordered him. He nodded. I entered the biggest tent which I believe the meeting room. The 3 princes were discussing something that they didn't notice me.

 

They were discussing attacking the kidnapper. I went closer to them to hear clearly. "Oh! Your highness!" The general saw me and bowed his head. The 3 princes looked up at me. Prince Sungjae was certainly happy to see me from his face and for Prince Leo, he was, as usual, expressionless. But, Prince Myungsoo looks angry to me. "Umm, Hello." I waved my hand once.

 

"Aemi!! Really nice to see you here!" Prince Sungjae welcomed me happily. While the other 2 princes continued discussing their plan. "Shall we go outside?" He was asking me but then he forcefully pushed me outside. "Yah! I was going to ask them a few questions. What's your problem?" I was going to enter the tent again but was pulled back by Sungjae. "You can always ask me." He beamed. Seriously, I will someday punch him hard in the face.

 

"Let's go to my tent." He again forced me to walk to his tent. He sat me up on the chair and then he sat at the opposite side. "Okay, now tell me the situation," I demanded. "Well, basically, the kidnapper want their own sisters back. They said they were transferred to China as concubines, but after checking all the list. We couldn't find their names. So, the situation now is really confusing." Prince Sungjae explained.

 

This is really confusing. "Did you guys tell them already about this?" Prince Sungjae looked at me like I'm an idiot. "If we tell them, they might kill her. So right now we are discussing how to trick them." Now, I'm confused.

 

So basically, the kidnapper think that their sisters are sent to China as concubines when in reality they don't. or they just made this up? I should ask them directly if I want to know this. Talking to them won't bite right?

 

I pretended to feel sleepy and yawned. "Oh- I'm sooooo sleepy. Can I take a nap here?" I lied. "Of course, my beloved Aemi." I slowly laid myself on the bed and then pretend to be sleeping. Lili knew that I was pretending, but I know she wouldn't tell anyone. Prince Sungjae excused himself, leaving me and Lili in the tent. Just the two of us.

 

"I know that you're acting, Aemi," Lili stated. I sat up and smiled at her. She gulped and looked away. "I don't like your idea at all!" She shouted loudly. "Shhhh! Not too loud. They might hear us. Let's sneak out. I need to go to the front gate." Lili looked at me in shock. "Mworago? Front gate? Are you crazy???" Lili whispered worriedly.

 

"Yes, I'm crazy. But this little war needs to stop. Yumi might be in trouble." I confidently said to her. "I'm not going." Lili turned her back from me. "Okay then, I'll go by myself." I was already lifting up a little bit of the behind of the tent. "Y-yah! Let's go together." Lili said hesitantly.

 

It was easy to go to the front gate without being seen by the guards and next thing I knew, I was already at the front of the gate. I knew the 2 guards on the top was already eyeing me. "Who are you!?" The voice was really loud than I assume. "I'm Princess Aemi, I need to talk with your leader. As you can see, I am defenceless. Now, open the gate." I said confidently.  I knew that by now, the observer is already making his way to inform Prince Myungsoo so they need to open the gate as soon as possible. "Do you think we will believe that!?" The guard shouted again. 

 

"What's all the ruckus?" I heard a deep voice asked. I looked at the man which I believe is their leader. "I am Princess Aemi. I want to talk with you about something. Open the gate." He looked at me for a while then observed the surroundings. "We can talk here." He said.

 

"Okay then!" He thinks that I'm gonna back down but there's no way I'm going to give up. I'm gonna get scolded later anyway. "Your sisters, they are not listed. Why did you think that they are sent to China as concubines? And how sure are you that they are sent there?"