The man's heart

Joseon Trip

"Princess Yumi is already here your highness." One of the eunuchs announced to Aemi. "Bring her in immediately." She was pacing around the house. Yumi who just entered was shocked by the excited face of Aemi and then smiled. "Ermm. Did something happened?" She asked Aemi teasingly. "Guess what! The cave! I found it" Aemi informed Yumi. Yumi was shocked. "Seriously!" She was shocked and also excited. "Does this mean we can go home? Where is it? OMG! At last!" Yumi was jumping around the room. "Jeez, calm down. The only problem is, there is enemy hiding there. And also Prince Myungsoo banned me from going there. He said this is not a game. He was really stern about this. Maybe because of the incident last time. But not to worry, I got an idea." Aemi excitedly said. 

~Dining room~
"So this is your plan?"Yumi whispered to Aemi. Aemi just nodded her head. "Mum, can we go and see the cave? I heard they already done with removing the enemy. And-" Myungsoo was also there. "-We're not done yet. We still have to check the whole place." He calmly said. "But the guard-" "Are you doubting me?" This time, Myungsoo was really serious while glaring . Aemi and Yumi gulped. "O-okay." Aemilowly said. She was sad and she doesn't hide that fact.

After the dinner, Aemi and Yumi went separate ways since their rooms are on opposite side. Yumi was walking with Myungsoo. "You know, don’t you?" Myungsoo looked at her. "Know about?" Yumi chuckled. "About where we come from." Myungsoo was shocked. "I-" "-You know, it's selfish. You're trying to keep her by your side but she wants to be freed. Your highness, Aemi needs to go back, No, we need to go back. This is not our world and no matter how hard you try, there is no better place than home. If you love her, you should let her go." Yumi stated. "My chamber is here. I'll see you tomorrow then, your highness." Yumi bowed and then enter her room. 


Myungsoo's POV:
I was staring at Yumi's room. She was right. I am selfish. I want to keep her by my side even though I know that I'll be hurting her more. I started to walk to my room. This whole thing has been difficult for me. I don't want to let her go but at the same time, I don't want to hurt her. What is love? Does letting go of her means love? I am confused. I should let her go. "Oh! Myungsoo? What are you doing here?" I heard her voice. I looked to my right side and meet her eyes. Her beautiful eyes. My feet automatically moved toward her. "Myungsoo?" She asked. All I want, just once, stay by my side tonight my princess. "Are you okay?" She asked again when I am already close enough in front of her. 

 

Just for tonight

 

Let me be selfish. 

 

Just for tonight.

 

 I hug her tightly without saying a word. I can feel her body tensed. "M-Myungsoo?" She asked again, shocked. 

I pushed her body a little bit to see her face. "Sleep next to me tonight. I don't feel well." I stared through her dark brown eyes. Beautiful. She was worried. "O-Okay" She hesitated. I smiled a bit and thanked her. She reluctantly guides me inside her room. I can tell from her look. I crashed on her bed and pulled her beside me. We were facing each other. "Did something happened?" She asked worriedly. But I just remained silent, staring her face. "Are you drunk?" She asked again. I chuckled at her question. "No, I just don’t feel well." She looked at me with doubt. "You're not always like this. Do you want me to call the doctor?" She asked again. "There's no need for that. I'll be better tomorrow. So don't worry." I smiled a little at her. "Are you sure nothing happened? Did my mum force you to do something? Sorry, I don't mean to go against your words." She said again. This girl never stops to amaze me. 

 I shook my head and then hug her. I put her head on my chest while my head was on top of her head. 

Just for this last time before I let you go forever, my princess.

"Errmm Myungsoo-" "-shhh, just sleep." After a while, her tensed body had now calmed down. She was sleeping. I hug her more tightly. I wish I can stay like this with her forever. But, unfortunately, fate works differently. I already decided anyway. 

Tomorrow, I will let her go forever.


It's going to end soon. Sorry if the ending is kind of sad or just not good. But the good news is, I'm currently writing the sequel of this story. Yay!! ^^