xx 02 xx

I Run To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Green - Past

Black - Present

 

Chapter Two

Dara POV

 

“Durami! Ppalli!” Dara called from downstairs for her sister to hurry up. They were supposed to leave fifteen minutes ago and 2NE1’s mini concert starts in an hour. She had told her manager that she was just going to drive on the venue on her own since she wanted her mom and sister to watch the show. She hasn’t really seen her family in a while due to their recent comeback for Missing You plus she had been distracting herself with work lately because… well she didn’t really want to think about it again.

 

So anyway, to make it up to her mom and sister she wanted to take them with her today.

 

The response from Durami was just inaudible curse for making her rush since Dara only decided to do this on the last minute and she still hasn’t had a chance to get ready. Durami has a huge crush on one of the Kwon twins so this is why she seemed flustered.

 

“YAH!” Dara yelled trying to hide her smile.

 

“Aigoo. I haven’t seen you seen smile in a while.” Dara’s mom squeezed Dara’s cheeks.

 

Dara puffs her cheek to free her mom’s hold of her cheek, “Eomma, you just haven’t seen me in a while that’s all.”

 

Her mom just sighed. Dara hasn’t been home much for the past two months is not only she had to work but she is overworking herself so she doesn’t have to deal with her heartbreak. She knows her daughter pretty well. All those smiles that she puts on is actually a mask of what is really inside her heart which is pain. She may not know the extent to it since her daughter wouldn’t talk about it but the start of it was the break official break up of Dara and Jiyong. “Daughter dear, I think you are over working yourself. You might get sick.”

 

Dara just grins and shakes her head, “I’m fine. I love working.”

 

“Love working or love the distraction?”

 

“Eomma,” Dara’s smile dropped and she pursed her lips together. This is also the reason why she hasn’t been home. Her mother wants to talk about what happened between her and Jiyong when she just wants to forget about it and move forward with her life. There isn’t time to dwell on the past anymore.

 

Choices were made so there isn’t turning back anymore.

 

“Dara,” Her mom just lightly touches her cheek. “I feel that I’ve done you wrong.”

 

Dara’s eyebrows met in confusion. She doesn’t understand why she said that. That was totally unexpected. “Wheyo—“

 

“I know the reason why falling in love scares you so much. It’s because of me.”

 

“Eomma,” Dara said. She definitely doesn’t want to hear this now.

 

“When your father left me. I should have been brave and stood up tall but instead I was weak. I couldn’t even fight for my children so you wouldn’t see me that way but I let the darkness in me take a hold of me.” Her mother teared up as she recalled the time when she had just let her heartbreak take over her forgetting that she even had 3 children to take care of. “You had to grow up quickly because I wasn’t able to be there for all of you. I’m supposed to be your mother and protect you but instead you were the one that stood by me.”

 

It was Dara that helped her back to herself. Dara was at her side making sure she’d eat, shower or even just move. It took her about a year to finally get back to her feet properly but she had already lost her sweet Dara and she had turned into what she became today. Not that it is bad but it’s always hard to let someone in to breach her walls. She was thankful for Jiyong when he came to her life despite Dara being afraid. He patiently waited for her daughter for years until she slowly let him in. So when Dara said that they had broken up for real this time she was rather stunned by the news. 

 

“Mom, can we not talk about this now?” Dara said since her mother’s close to tears isn’t helping her at all.

 

But her mother just ignored her and continued. “You swore off love because you were afraid, you’d become me. My dear Dara, you wouldn’t turn into me because you are much stronger than I am.”

 

Dara just closed her eyes and tried to not to take this seriously. She was tired of putting up a front that she was alright especially in front of the girls but she had to because if she showed any weakness that her decision of breaking up with Jiyong was affecting her at any point, Chaerin would attack her verbally. The two had been slowly having a falling out ever since Dara and Jiyong had started on and off relationship the past four years. It was mostly because every time Dara and Jiyong would break up and then get back together, Chaerin’s best friend becomes the victim of this with Jiyong running to Kiko every time only to leave her for Dara again.

 

So Dara has to be alright about everything now and it’s not only for her sake but for the group’s sake. It has been bad these past two months that she has been isolating herself from the girls like not leaving her room or not even eating with them. Their close to family relationship has slowly become a working relationship… maybe if she keeps this front permanent she’d have her friends back.

 

“Eomma, there isn’t a need for all of this because I’m alright. I promise. We both made our choices and we both realized that we are better off without each other.” Dara says with a straight expression and even a smile.

 

“Dara—“

 

She puts her arms around her mother comforting her, “I don’t need anyone else eomma, because I have you. We can be those mother and daughter team who grows old together. Like doing those senior citizen things, I can already see it. So I have to make lots of money so we can do those without worrying about money.” Then she pulls away and adds, “So that means Durami and Sanghyun are the only ones who can give you grandchildren.” Then she turns around to yell by the stairwell again, “And if Durami hurries up like now! Maybe she can find that husband!”

 

“Jeez, unnie! Quit rushing me!” Durami comes out of her room finally and snaps at her sister.

 

“Aishh, we needed to leave like twenty minutes ago.” Dara snapped back.

 

But Durami just shrugged, “Well maybe next time tell me earlier that you plan to invite us to your show. Then we could have left sooner.”

 

“You didn’t need to go extreme anyway. It’s going to be dark at the concert hall no one is going to see your make up and all that.” Dara put on her jacket and grabbed her keys into her hand so they can ready to leave.

 

Durami then links her arm on her mother’s and says, “Well eomma, tell unnie that if she claims that I’d be giving you grandkids well, I need a husband first. And I have a certain twin in mind.” talking about the Kwon Youngdeuk who she has been crushing on for a year now.

 

Mrs. Park just shakes her head and laughs, “Don’t antagonize your sister.”

 

“Let’s go people. Some of us still needs to per

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter