xx 13 xx

I Run To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirteen
Jiyong POV

 

Jiyong is a father, not only to Jinnah but to Daehyun as well. He may have been a busy father to be with Daehyun as frequently as he should but when he does have time he knows how to spend time with a kid and make sure they have the time of their lives. Also to make up for lost time.

 

He knew he had a lot to catch up with Jinnah which is four years worth. He was planning to take a step at a time as to not overwhelm Jinnah.

 

But what he didn't prepare himself for is how he is the one being overwhelmed right now. It's not that it's a bad thing, not even close but Jinnah just hasn't stopped talking since she had started.

 

It's like her own way of trying to catch him up about anything that includes her which Jiyong had missed for the past four years or she just shared anything at her earliest memories. He has to pay close attention because she was talking really fast that it would take a bit for him to process what she is saying, also the reason for this is he may be very comfortable speaking in English but he isn't as fluent he would like.

 

So far all he can recall is about a girl named Courtney who has a cat named Elsa or was it the other way?

 

Jinnah has been doing ballet lessons for the past year and piano lessons for six months.

 

She loves her doll named Adrienne. They both enjoy tea parties that sometimes Dara joins in or not....

 

There was so much more but he couldn't catch up, he would just laugh when she would.

 

On the corner of his eye, he'd either see Dara laughing at his expressions or would even tell Jinnah to slow down a bit which she does but that same second she'd continue in a faster pace, like now she's talking about what she had learned from school about penguins and seals.

 

Now he totally understands his parents predicament when he was a child. He had always heard stories about how they knew he was going to be a good rapper by how fast he speaks and despite all that they could understand what he'd say. He was also a hyper happy little kid who wouldn't sit down even to the point that he'd end up to the next door neighbors talking to them about nothing.

 

He could remember his mother telling him before that she wished that his kid would be exactly like him so he'd know exactly how much of a pain in the behind he could be yet still be cute at the same time.

 

Not that he finds Jinnah a pain at all but he could see himself in her personality and even though she never grew up with him, theres still signs that she's his and it made him happy.

 

"Jinnah! Don't go too far!" Dara voice broke Jiyong's thoughts, he didn't even notice that Jinnah let go of his hand to run to a near aquarium. Though she was still within eyesight and still close but far that he wouldn't be able to hear her if she starts rambling again.

 

He takes a deep breath out and he heard a giggle next to him. He turns to Dara and she widened her eyes, then waves a hand to have him ignore her. He just grinned and said, "What?"(a/n Bold=korean) He was really curious what was funny.

 

"Well every time Jinnah acts like this it makes me think of those times your mom would tell me stories about how you were as a child." She was looking at Jinnah again whose face was really close to the aquarium as if she was looking at something really small. "And from the look on your face it's like you realize it too. How similar you both are."

 

This time Jiyong laughed with Dara. He was about to respond but Jinnah was already running towards them. She was standing in front of Jiyong and tugged at his shirt, "Yes, baby girl?" In those few minutes that Jinnah wasn't talking his ear out, he missed her. He loved hearing her voice, he realized but he still needs to work on trying to remember everything she had said.

 

"Did you know that daddy sea horses are the ones that carry the babies for the mommy sea horses?" Jinnah excitedly told Jiyong.

 

Jiyong pursed his lips together, he scratches the back of his neck. "I think I've heard that somewhere." He remembered his conversation with Daehyun one time that was all about sea creatures and at some point he was also obsessed with sea horses too.

 

His heart ached a bit, even though Daehyun wasn't his son, he loved him like Daehyun was his. And now, after all these years he actually has a child of his own he can't even describe what he is feeling at the moment. He was overwhelmed with too much emotion.

 

There was a silence that was shared between the three of them. Jiyong found it odd because it is actually the first time in the past three hours that Jinnah has stopped talking. He was confused at first since she was looking at him trying to figure out something.

 

Then Jinnah turns towards Dara, her eyebrows were wrinkled adorably. "I'm hungry."

 

Dara chuckles and rubs the top of Jinnah's head playfully, "Of Course you are. You've been running nonstop since we left."

 

Jiyong looks at Dara, and mumbles something question, "She's not always like this?"

 

Dara just smiles at Jiyong nods, "Only when she's excited."

 

Jiyong kneels in front of Jinnah and kisses the top of her head, "What do you wanna eat?" They already had the burger and shake that she had wanted. He still wasn't hungry anyway to suggest anything.

 

Jinnah bites her bottom lip and looks at Dara in question who urges her to say what she wants. "Pizza?" She asks Jiyong.

 

"That sounds good," Jiyong stood up ans offers a hand and Jinnah holds on to him. "I know just the place."

 

 


"I've lived in New York for years how come I haven't heard of this place?" Dara mumbles as she took another bite of the slice deliciously. She glances over at Jinnah who was eating quietly, a sign that she was definitely hungry.

 

Jiyong just shrugs. He didn't remember how he came across this place either. It was him and Youngbae that accidentally found this. They were lost for a good three hours trying to search what this shoe place but they were too hungry to move and said to go eat at the next food chain they saw. Since then, Youngbae and Jiyong would make it a tradition to at least visit this place. The thing is, this is the only place that they'd feel a little normalcy because the owner doesn't know they are famous.

 

"We've been coming here for a good 7 years now." He simply replied. He looks over at Jinnah who had a taken a big bite which made the sauce ooze on her chin. He reaches over for a paper towel and wipes off the sauce. "Careful."

 

On the corner of his eye he could see Dara smiling, "Mwoya?" He asked. Every time he'd see Dara she's always be smiling.

 

She shakes her head and blushes, "Miane."

 

He raises an eyebrow curious as to why she's apologizing.

 

"So Dad, what do do in..." Jinnah pauses unsure and looks at Dara. "Korea?" She whispered urgently. When Dara nods she continues enthusiastically, "What do you do in Korea?"

 

Jiyong pursed his lips together trying to think. He has been back from the military for a year and a half, and bigbang has till yet to make a comeback or even him. He still loves making music still but the spotlight has gotten him too much that the sort of silence from the media for the past year is too comfortable for him. "I make music with a few artists in the company I'm in." He wanted to say that it's the same company that Dara used to be in but he thinks Jinnah doesn't know about Dara's past at all, with the fact that Jinnah doesn't speak Korean.

 

Jinnah's face glowed and she looked at Dara excitingly, while Dara looked gloomy and started blushing, "You have the same job as mommy! She's a record producer too!"

 

"Jinja?" Jiyong was too shocked by this since record producer is such a big word for a four year old. Even Daehyun only thinks he makes music.

 

Dara shakes her hand in denial but there is nothing to deny since it's true. "But I'm not as good as him," she was talking to Jinnah but she glanced over at Jiyong embarrassingly.

Jinnah frowned, she looks at Jiyong trying to prove her mom wrong. "Leah said her songs were even on the Blackboards."

 

Jiyong was confused at first since he wasn't sure what that meant but the panic on Dara's face made him understand. "Your songs charted on the Billboards?"

 

"Not my songs, just that the artists' albums chart and it just so happens the one or two songs i write for them is there too." She was trying to explain but she was stuttering too much that it took a second or two for Jiyong to understand.

 

But technically that's the same thing though, he wanted to say. It might be the artists album that goes on the chart doesn't mean that the other songs which aren't the main track get neglected too. "Humble as always," he said instead.

 

Dara blushes even more and clears . She couldn't even speak afraid that her voice might crack again. "Hajima." She mumbles incoherently.

 

"She goes by the name FRE.ya!" Jinnah claps again excitedly.

 

And this time Jiyong couldn't keep his eyes off of her, he has heard some of her songs but he never really paid much attention to it. Though he knows that one of the members, Jieun who is the leader of XCL hails in New York is a fan of her. "Didn't Chaerin--?" He didn't need to finish, the biggest reason why the name is so familiar is because Chaerin has been wanting to work with FRE.ya hoping for a new sound from her norm.

 

"I know." Dara sighed.

 

It was the first time today when their eyes met that both acknowledge despite the happy front they are giving each other there was a hidden past behind them that didn't end well, that is hanging in the air waiting to be acknowledged. Jiyong admits that because of what he did with Kiko, it had caused a strain between Chaerin and Dara's relationship.

 

Chaerin has since then regretted her actions after Dara's accident but that was around the time Dara had closed off on everyone that had tried to help her. Chaerin was the first person who would call Jiyong if there was any trouble with Dara's shoots. She was also the one who suggested for Jiyong to take over for Dara since if she did it, it probably wouldn't look as if she was helping but otherwise.

 

It was also around that time that Chaerin had realized how she feels terrible by how she treated Dara all those years. She wanted so badly to make amends with Dara but she didn't have the guts to. She was too ashamed about what she had done to Dara to even try to talk to her, especially in the situation she was in.

 

She did her own little things to protect Dara though.... After Dara left 2NE1, the group dynamic hasn't been the same and it Dara's absence was too obvious that it just wasn't 2NE1 anymore. They promoted once as a trio but after that they went on hiatus before finally deciding to disband after being gone for more than a year. It wasn't that 2NE1 did bad on sales, they still have a solid fanbase and was still getting recognized but Dara's absence hurt them too much realizing how it was best to leave 2NE1 and just move on.

 

And Jiyong admits that he was mostly at fault for things turning out to how they are. He was too angry to see that or even think about it, especially now that he had found out that he had missed out four years of Jinnah's life. The what ifs in his mind is breaking his barriers but he didn't want to focus on it now since he knows that this is a much more bigger issue than they are both trying to hide.

 

Right now all he wants to focus on is Jinnah....

 

"I'm done!" Jinnah's excitement broke Jiyong and Dara's gaze off each other. He was sure they had spent an eternity staring at each other's eyes and reading their expressions as if talking silently to themselves. At least with Jinnah there they aren't trying to decipher it, when they both could always read each other like an open book easily.

 

Dara clears and leans over to Jinnah to wipe off the milk mustache on her lip. "Are you full?"

 

She nods in enthusiastically and smiles at Jiyong, "Pizza was good, thank you Daddy."

 

Jiyong could still not get used to that word coming out from this little girl. His heart swelled and skipped a beat, "You're welcome."

 

Jinnah pursed her lips together and looks at Dara in with a questioned look. She hesitated at first but reached over towards Dara, who leaned close enough so she coul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter