xx 20 xx

I Run To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty

Dara POV

 

“I’ve been living in this house ever since.” She had finally finished her story. She was lucky to find this house in the middle right by the good part of New York city. “It wasn’t exactly cheap but luckily I have enough money for me and Jinnah to survive without me working for a while.” She lightly touches the back of her neck, by a while that means till Jinnah would probably be in her teens and is ready to go to college. Even then she can support Jinnah for college since she has saved up for it for two years now with her work but She can’t really boast in front of the great G-Dragon since he is making a lot of money due to the many song royalties that he is getting paid for just breathing alone. 

 

“Is that why you’re working?” He wasn’t sure why he’d ask this. He still hasn’t comprehended anything she had said but the last thing she had said.

 

She shakes her head. “Actually, It had started when I was in therapy. I wouldn’t talk to my doctor for about seven sessions. That was three weeks. So she suggested that I’d write whatever I think and feel. A few of them were journals but most of then were song lyrics.” Recalling those days made her think of how difficult it was and it made her smile. She had come far from there. Whenever someone mentions her family she used to close up or have a mini panic attack but now she’s able to talk about it and actually had forgiven herself for it or at least she thought so.

 

But being in front of Jiyong is making her feel small, as if she had just started therapy without any progress at all. 

 

“I was playing with my guitar at few small bars and cafes when I was pregnant, just another outlet for my feelings.” She continued but she could still see his face is blank. She could never read him this way because this means that he has a lot of things in mind. It is clear that he trying to take in everything she had said in one sitting. “Mark Hays, My CEO, found me at a bar once and wanted to hire me on the spot. I was pregnant so obviously I said no and I can’t show my face in public too. When Jinnah was almost 2 years old, he actually looked for me and offered me the job again but i insisted to be behind the studio.”

 

“Jiyong, just so you know. I am not asking you child support of any kind. I don’t need it.” She wants to clarify anything about this that might be brought up. “Your presence is what Jinnah. I understand you have your own life in Korea and I can’t expect you to change that.” And then here it goes, something that she needs to tell Jiyong that is the most important part out of all this conversation. “There is nothing for me in Korea. My life only revolves around Jinnah. And Jinnah’s life is here in New York. I’m afraid of how her life would change drastically if you take her to Korea. Maybe when she’s a bit grown up. I’m sure your parents would love to meet her as Jinnah would but I only ask if we can to it here. It’s much easier for her for these big transition.” 

 

Jiyong just blinked. His expression is unreadable. 

 

This is the first time in Dara’s life she’s seen him like this and it scared her. “Jiyong? Please say something...” this is when she had noticed that he hasn’t spoken for the whole time she told him her story. She hasn’t even stopped to check if he wanted to hear that story anyway. Did she even have a point to it?

 

“Jiyong?” She asked again... wondering what’s is running through his mind. 

 

 

 

Jiyong POV

So it was Dara that he had seen that day. He saw her run out of the store. He just didn’t think much of it because in his mind he wondered what on earth would she be doing at a Baby’s store when she would have been resting from her accident (he had heard that she got into an accident two days before that...), so he didn’t follow after her. He just thought he was imagining thing because he had always dreamed on being with Dara in those kind of places someday. If he only listened to his insticts.... 

 

And then on the day he released the statement that he was getting married to Kiko, his name wasn’t the only one trending in Korea’s search list but also Dara’s. Rumours that Dara was leaving YGE and 2NE1 due to some trouble between the members or even Dara herself was showing.

 

He knew that only one person could be addresses with these statements. He needed to hear it from that person.

 

 

“Jiyong, what are you doing here?” It was the first thing that Yang Hyunsuk had asked as soon as Jiyong barged into the office without even knocking. It was a good thing he had canceled all his schedule for that day since he figured this was coming. 

 

Jiyong tossed his phone on the table showing the article he just saw online. “Is this true?”

 

Hyunsuk didn’t even need to look at the phone. No matter how private any meet would be there is always some leak somewhere. “We really can’t do much about those rumours Jiyong.”

 

“Hyung, stop.” He pushes the phone by Hyunsuk’s eye level so he’d look. “Just answer the question.”

 

Hyunsuk sighed and he looks at the article. It states that Dara and YGE had an agreement that she would leave YGE for a hiatus or even longer. It’s not really what had happened. He was just waiting for the right time when Dara has left the country already or else the airport would be flocked with reporters looking for her. “Yes. She ended her contract for 2NE1.”

 

“Where is she, hyung?”

 

Hyunsuk hands Jiyong his phone back. “You have other things to worry about now than Dara’s whereabouts.” The reason why they haven’t released a statement for Dara is because he had just announced  his engagement for his wedding with Kiko. 

 

Jiyong chose to ignore that statement and asked again, “Where is she, hyung?” 

 

“On the plane to London.” Then Hyunsuk rubs the bridge of his nose, “Though I doubt she’s in London.” He mumbles to himself mostly. He knows how complicated Dara’s emotions are now. He just prays she’s doing the right thing and get herself better physically and mentally.

 

Jiyong had to control himself. Hyung was right, he can’t do much about Dara leaving though but he could do something. He reaches for an white envelope and slides it on the table.

 

“What is this Jiyong?” Hyunsuk takes the envelope and looks at what’s inside. If he didn’t have a headache then now he has a migraine from the small piece of paper he just received. “What the hell is this, Jiyong?” He demanded.

 

“A blank personal check.” Jiyong answered simply.

 

“Why?”

 

“Don’t deposit her check hyung. Use this to pay for the damages her breech of contract has cost the company.”

 

Hyunsuk returns the check on the envelope and slides it towards back to Jiyong. “I can’t take this Jiyong. This is not appropriate.”

 

Jiyong shakes his head. “Please hyung, this is the least I can do for Dara. I know the damages alone is 5 million dollars. She can’t take those on her own.”

 

“And you can?” He knows that Jiyong could probably make this money back really easily but with his two year hiatus due to his military service he isn’t going to be making much from his royalties to pay it even it out. “I understand you mean well Jiyong but what you can for yourself is to take care of your family. Don’t make things more complicated for her by doing this.”

 

“Hyung. This is all my fault. I need to take some responsibility for it.”

 

“What are you on about?”

 

“She wouldn’t have left if I was there for her. If—“ Jiyong’s voice broke desperately. He saw how Dara was at the memorial service and the funeral. She was trying to keep a straight face but he knew all too well how broken she was inside. He couldn’t be there for her physically but he’ll do the best he can to at least do something. He could always make the money back... whatever else she needs. “If I was there with her through all of this then she wouldn’t feel so alone.” He was the reason why she didn’t have anyone. He was the main reason why Dara’s relationship with the 2NE1 girls are strained.

 

“You already did enough for her, you and Chaerin both.” He said. He knows That those two had went to management to volunteer to replace Dara’s sponsorship and getting paid for less than their fee, only adding more to their busy schedules. He just let them do it since he thinks it’ll make them feel better but this time he needs to put a stop to it. “But if you do this you’ll be crossing a line. This isn’t helping her but this will burden her.”

 

“She wouldn’t know about it.” Jiyong said desperately.

 

Hyunsuk shakes his head and reaches the envelope making sure Jiyong would take it. “But I will know and I can’t do that to Dara or even to you. Doing this Jiyong, you will think it’s alright to get rid of that guilt by using this money. If I accept this, it will make you feel that money will get rid of any of the negativity you feel. That isn’t a good thing to start. Especially now that you are going to start a family of your own.”

 

Jiyong clenched his fists and lets out a deep breathe, “But I have to do something at least,”

 

Hyunsuk gives a sad smile. He could feel Jiyong’s desperation and in dire need to help Dara but it needs to end. He shook the envelope once lightly to gesture to Jiyong to get it back. “What you can do for Dara is to take care of your family. You should be with your pregnant fiancee at this time. Make do with your choice, spend time with your fiancee and prepare her for the few months to come that you won’t be here since your enlisting after your wedding.” His lips went on a tight line since Jiyong was still staring at the envelope he was holding. Jiyong is still set on giving the money for Dara.  “Doing this is going to complicate Dara’s life even more. She doesn’t need all of that. This isn’t helping her. ”

 

Jiyong finally takes the envelope and gripped it tightly between his hands, crumpling the piece of paper in the middle. He couldn’t say anything anymore. He lowers his head in shame unable to defend his actions because hyung is right. He only has three months with Kiko till his supposed enlistment date. 

 

“You’ve done enough Jiyong. You can’t do everything for her, it’s not your job. Not anymore.”

 

Jiyong nods. 

 

“Good. It’ll be hard to see what I’m saying now but have I ever steered you wrong?” Hyungsuk asks since he knows Jiyong is mad at him right now.

 

Jiyong pursed his lips and shakes his head. He always believed in Hyunsuk despite his objections since it always turned out good for everyone.

 

“I’ll head out hyung.” Jiyong can’t stay here any longer. He had to get leave. 

 

Hyunsuk sighed and just lets Jiyong go.

 

Jiyong walks out the room and shuts the door behind him softly. He leans on the door with his eyes tightly shut. He takes a deep breath unsure of what to do next. He can hear Hyungsuk-hyung’s voice in his head saying to be there for his fiancee but his heart isn’t in it. 

 

He needs to keep himself in check. He made a choice and he needs to be an adult. 

 

“Oppa?” Chaerin was standing in front of Jiyong. She was more surprised to see h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter