xx 15 xx

I Run To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bold = Korean

Chapter Fifteen

Dara POV

 

Dara has been sitting in the empty studio for the past three hours, there wasn't much to do anyway since she had asked for a week off. All her schedules got moved for another week, Leah is working in the main building, Carina, who is her receptionist/secretary is on leave as well. The only person here is Josh who is her day security. 

 

She wasn't even sure what she was planning to do now. At anytime Jiyong would pick up Jinnah from school and they'd be either staying in his hotel room or her house so she didn't really want to stand in a way of their time especially with the fact that Jiyong only has a week with Jinnah. They need time just them two really.

 

She needed to keep herself distracted, so she starts grabs her guitar to set it on her lap.

 

She started to play with the strings in her guitar trying to find the right tune, maybe she should just try to compose something just to keep her mind off of things. She played around with it just testing things it was an upbeat tone since that's how she starts off with just to find the proper melody or even just to get a feel of the music. 

 

She started humming softly and finally her hands was able to follow the tune she was hoping it would be. She closed her eyes trying to feel the sound more and hopefully to create a song from it. It usually takes time but at least theres a start. 

 

And after a couple more tries, she had finally found the right melody. Along with her humming, she also had started to form the lyrics of the song. She normally doesn't work this fast but today seemed different. 

 

- I smile when your around 

But I know behind that smile is pain.

The pain which i caused....

But honestly i still --

 

 

"You still what?"

 

Dara's head shot up, her eyes widened. There standing across her, leaning at the door way was Jay Park. He looked comfortable which means he's been standing there for a while. "Hey," she greets with a smile as she sets her guitar beside her. 

 

He still stood there, unmoving. Anyone who knows the real story behind Dara and Jiyong can definitely understand the songs that Dara writes. This time wouldn't be any different too. "You still what?" He repeats the question this time but it was more rhetorical than anything. 

 

Dara sighs and stands up , walking towards his direction when she was close enough she throws herself into his arms for a hug. He was startled at first, his arms on the side  there awkwardly. 

 

He clears his throat, and tried to wiggle out of her hold but she didn't even budge. "How many more times am I expecting random hugs like this from you?" 

 

She groans and grumbles. She tightened the hug one more time and replied, "As long as I think I need a hug from my best friend." She knows too well that Jay doesn't want to be hugged by anyone other than he's dating. He usually doesn't know how to reciprocate that affection. He'd always just stand there and would let Dara hug him for even a second or two. Then she finally freed Jay and walks towards the couch not saying another word.

 

Jay touches the back of his neck watching Dara, he can tell theres something wrong and he isn't sure where to start. "So I'm guessing your here without Leah, means that this was supposed to be your week off?" He knows about Dara's hiatus when FRE.ya's name starts to get attention. 

 

She pursed her lips together, "Jiyong is picking Jinnah up from school as we speak. To Spend some quality time together." 

 

Jay raised an eyebrow. There was something in her voice that he knows all too well. So he walks over to her, and sits next to her. "And that is bad why?"

 

She is usually never to talks out her feelings in one sitting, it usually takes her time but everything has been bothering since Saturday and she told him everything.... And by everything she started off with "Jiyong and I slept together that night."

 

So after she poured everything out, it was obvious that Jay's expression was still not processing the beginning part of her story because the fact that Jiyong and Jinnah had an amazing time together yesterday should be what he should be focusing on, but there was a bigger issue at hand and she knows Jay is thinking about it now. 

 

A minute or two passed and he was still staring off trying to swallow everything. He was staring at her in disbelief which is causing her to feel uneasy and most of all judged. "Say something, Jebal." ('please') She said after another minute.

 

He just blinks but stayed silent.

 

"Park Jaebaeom. Say something," her voice was firmer this time because she couldn't stand his silence anymore. 

 

He blinks a couple times and swallows that lump on his throat that kept him from talking. He clears his throat and shakes his head in disbelief. He's a guy so this drama is too much for him to handle. "I don't need to watch korean dramas anymore Dara-noona, I could just listen to your stories and that's enough." 

 

She groans angrily and runs her hands across her hair. "You are so not helping...."

 

"Let me get this straight," A serious expression flashed in his face. He tries to summarize what Dara had just told him. "So, instead of talking out and dealing with your situation at hand. You two ended in bed together.... Again."

 

Dara just kept her head low, with her arms between her. She refused to face at him because she knows that he's judging her. 

 

"Nothing has changed. You're still the same Dara and Jiyong from five years ago." Then Jay said something that needs to be asked, "You don't want to be in the same mess as before, at least tell me you two used protection--"

 

"Jinja, aist !" Dara squealed since that is a very private matter. Even trying to remember if Jiyong did use protection is making her blush. "Yes we did..." 

 

Jay could see the conflict in her, "Are you sure?"

 

"Yes! I'm on birth control!" Because recalling it now Jiyong didn't use any... 

 

Jay didn't even ask again but he just wanted to be sure. "Well, then at least you were smart."

 

But then Dara didn't like how he was trying to make it sound alright. "Not that I'm justifying my actions back then, but this is different. It's just wrong."

 

He raised an eyebrow confused, "What are you talking about?"

 

But she wasn't paying attention and she just continued. "I left Korea without telling Jiyong because I don't want to be dubbed as home wrecker, since in the public's eye she's the official girlfriend, fiancée ." Articles started to come out that Jiyong and Kiko were officially dating before Kiko's baby bump started to show. 

 

Because of this she now feels like a hypocrite, all these years she hated that woman who stole her father away from her and her family. Now a decade later she is doing the same thing. She really doesnt plan on taking Jiyong away but theres still that question of what happens now. And sleeping with Jiyong has made things much more complicated than it is. She knows how it feels to be abandoned to be chosen by someone else and Jinnah would be feeling that as well as Jiyong kid with Kiko. She is conflicted by this situation that she's just taking it a day at a time. They will have to cross that road sometime this week....

 

"Bworago?" ('What?')

 

She just glares at Jay, she can't understand why he looks confused. "He's married and his family is in Japan. Sleeping with him...."

 

"Okay. Seriously, what?" Now Jay is even more confused because this shouldn't be what she's be saying.

 

"Why are you acting as if you don't know that Jiyong married?" 

 

"Still?"

 

Dara was now not only confused but annoyed. Either Jay is messing with her or Jay definitely has no idea and she believes it's the preceding suspicion because not knowing would be too bizarre. Kiko and Jiyong are dubbed as a power couple in Korea even in Japan. "Are you serious right now?"

 

Jay just shakes his head in disbelief and even Dara guesses he is angry. He started mumbling curses under his breath that Dara can only out idiot and a mess of things. 

 

"What?"

 

Jay snaps his head up and growled, "Don't worry about it." 

 

Dara wanted to ask but based on his expression it's best to be leave it alone. 

 

After seeing his face soften, she asked so can change the topic. "What brought you to this side if town?"

 

He raises his head and grins darkly, "I have nothing to do today, so I figured I should get a fill of my Kdrama."

 

She narrows her eyes at him and slaps his arm as hard as she could. "It's not funny you know. You said you wanted to know."

 

Jay laughed sarcastically, "Yeah and the sentence i was expecting was just a simple yes we talked but I didn't realize it was a second season of The Legal Wife." 

 

"Glad you find my misery entertaining to you."

 

"And I will always respond that I'm not your girlfriend where you can dump all your unnecessary drama." He could feel Dara's glare in him because he wasn't looking at her but he could feel her stare. "I'm not apologizing, because you know what I am saying is true." 

 

She just swallowed that lump on . Jay is too honest with her too much lately that whatever he is saying hurts too much. It used to be both of them being too honest with each other about anything but Jay at least knows where his life is going while Dara is just living it day by day. There isn't nothing wrong with that but theres always something that's missing and now that Jiyong's here she's still trying her best to avoid it. 

 

Jay sighed knowing that this isn't what Dara needs right now. In Korea Dara had friends of her own outside of him, though they weren't the best and had caused Dara to become more depressed alcoholic back then. But at least She still had someone to hang out with just to have her forget about things even for a little bit. He was too busy with AOMG promotions in the states to even be there for her. He had only found out she left YG through articles and other people. When he finally returned home to look for her, it was then he found out Dara left without a trace since she didn't take her London flight. No one not even her brother knew where she was. 

 

Dara did come a long way. Despite Jiyong being her weakness, the fact that she is facing Jiyong now and not running away with Jinnah. Well, it's a start. He understands the dilemma she is in and that's why he wants Dara to face this all head on because now it's not her but Jinnah. 

 

"Take that road when it gets there and don't take an unnecessary exit." Jay spoke up in riddles not really wanting to talk about it immediately. "You two really just to need to sit it out and figure out what is going to happen. No more games and nor more drama." 

 

Dara nods and lays her head on his arm. "I know." She was dreading that moment because she might say things she shouldn't but it's inevitable now. 

 

"So if there's another episode to this. You can talk to me." Jay said as he patted the side of her head. 

 

Dara just slaps his hand off which made Jay laugh heartily, "You are so not helping," but she grinned anyway because she knows Jay is just trying to be the best friend he is. She is thankful for being there despite him hating this things. 

 

"You're welcome..." 

 

She shakes her head in disbelief and snorts, "I didn't say thank you, Jay"

 

He shrugs, "I can read between the lines." 

 

There was a knock at the door and both Jay and Jinnah looked at each other confused. The studio is closed today, so having someone come is quite odd. 

 

Jay nudged Dara to get up. And she did, when she opened the door... She couldn't hide her surprise to see David standing there awkwardly with his hands behind his back. "Oh--" she cleared since she was flustered, "Hi, David. What--" she wasn't sure what to ask.

 

"Well, I heard you like Lilacs." With that the reason why his arms were awkwardly behind him was the fact that he was holding a bouquet of lilacs. He hands it to her with a hopeful smile thinking that it wasn't inappropriate at all.

 

She froze unsure what to do but her hands moved on their own without her brain telling it to. She had already accepted the flowers and she had her nose smelling the them already. They smelled like Jinnah's hair when she would just finish showering. Then thats when she realized as to why Jinnah was sad that her favorite flower wasn't similar to Jinnah's. It's because she was the one who told David what flowers Dara likes. She was upset because she thought she had knew that it was Lilacs the entire time and not white roses. Leah wouldn't know this either so it's Jinnah he had asked last friday. "Thank you..." She mumbled unable to look at David since she was blushing heavily. 

 

"Where's my flowers?" 

 

Jay's voice at the back of the studio totally reminded Dara that she wasn't alone. She completely forgot about Jay sitting there probably watching curiously with her interest at peak now that Dara's face is buried in the bouquet of flowers. Even David didn't realize that Jay is there... 

 

"Hello," David greets, he tried his best not to seem flustered despite the fact that he was very curious who the male was. 

 

Jay just wiggled his eyebrows as a greeting and there was a grin that showed he was finding this whole thing hilarious. He then looked at Dara and he had this expression that seemed to bring her to shame. "Don't I get one too?" 

 

She glared at him she wanted to snap at him to shut up. 

 

So Jay stood up and walks towards them. 

 

Dara quickly does the introduction before Jay says something stupid again. "David that's Jay Park, a really good friend of mine." She points her flowers at Jay then to David, "Jay this is David Keith, He's.... he's...." Oh for the life of her, her heart is besting to fast to think. She was stuttering and Jay making fun of her isn't helping either. 

 

"I manage Dianne Roy." David finished for Dara. He reaches a hand out for a hand shake, 

 

Recognition flashes in Jay's eyes, and he grins darkly. "You're Three Stars," he said amusingly and he glances over at Dara knowingly. He shakes David's hand briefly. 

 

"Excuse me?" David asked.

 

Dara just either wants to smack the flower on Jay's face or hide there. She isn't really sure but she gave Jay a threatening look because he was making thing more awkward than it should be. "Dacho...." ('Shut up,') She mouthed in annoyance. Then she answered David's question, "What he meant to say was, Jinnah got three stars for her homework when you helped her last week."

 

David smiles happily. "Oh,"

 

"I'm more than capable of speaking for myself you know." Jay said since Dara had been ignoring him. 

 

Dara couldn't take it anymore. She just smiled at Jay and put a hand on his arm and then squeezed tightly using her nails. "I'm sorry." She hissed through her teeth.

 

Jay just started at Dara angrily trying his best not to yell  or grimace because Dara's nails are sharp for having short nails. He was about to shove her arm but she let go immediately, and he rubbed on his arm.

 

Then Dara turns towards David with a smile that seem to blind the poor fellow, he didn't even notice that Jay was grumbling curses under his breath at Dara because he was positive that his arm was bleeding under his sweatshirt. 

 

"Oh, speaking of which, Jinnah wanted to say thank you for helping her out with her homework. She was really excited too." 

 

Then David cleared his throat since he wasn't sure what to say because he was flustered by her smile, and it doesn't help that this Jay giving him weird stares or basically making fun of him. "Yeah, as I said I baby sit my twin nieces all the time so that means twice the homework. Which is the reason as to why I'm here. They are actually coming to town this weekend, I know for a fact the girls would love to meet Jinnah. I don't really have other friends with kids their age."

 

"Um," Dara couldn't speak, everything was going to fast. She didn't even understand what David was talking about. After everything that has happened in the past couple days that conversatio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter