xx 08 xx

I Run To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Green = Past

Black = Present

 

Chapter Eight

Dara POV

 

"Okay, I came as soon as I got your text...." Leah walks in Dara's room only to be met with Dara sitting in the middle of a pile of mess. "Oh my god you've been robbed!" Leah gasped in terror when she saw that Dara's always clean room was ransacked with clothes, shoes everywhere.

 

"What?" Dara asked confused then she looked around the room and realized the mess she had just made. She couldn't believe that she couldn't even see her floor with how many things are on the floor. She didn't even remember doing this. "No. I did this."

 

Leah blinked, now she's baffled. "You robbed yourself?"

 

This would normally maker her laugh since it's a rare moment for Leah to have a slow moment. But her a sigh left her lips instead, "I'm having dinner with him tonight."

 

"Oh." Leah said as comprehension finally hit her. She can now understand and has probably formulated that for Dara to text her for help meant that she does need all the help she can get and was correct about rushing here as well.

 

"Yep..." Dara said as she fell onto her bed face first. She was exhausted from waking up early with a hangover and having to act normal to get Jinnah ready for school then start panicking that she still doesn't have any idea what to wear for tonight. Which she totally believes she was still drunk because the way she started to rummage through her room like a burglar. She hasn't drank a drop of alcohol in five years and she thinks she consumed almost the entire bottle yesterday.

 

Even Leah noticed she seems different, "What did you do last night anyway?" She sat next to Dara and lifted her head so she can put a pillow underneath.

 

Dara blinks as she tried to recall what happened last night after Jay offered her glass of wine....

 

 

"Maybe offering you a drink was a bad idea," Jay had given up trying to stop Dara since now she had resorted on drinking from the bottle instead of the glass. She was even nice enough to pour Jay half a glass before she decided to use the bottle as her glass.

 

Dara ignored him. She slams the bottle on the table and stared at it contemplating if she’s going to drink some more or breathe. "Seriously, distract me." This is probably the third time she said this to him.

 

Jay smirked, "And this is where I'm going to ask you again, with what?" Then he finally was able to take the bottle from Dara since it was almost 1/4 empty. "Why can't we talk about what really is bothering you than trying to distract yourself. Don't you think you've done enough of that for five years?"

 

Dara lifts her head and almost snarled at Jay. "You're supposed to be my friend why are you making things worse!" Instead of Jay trying to comfort her, he's making her feel bad about keeping Jinnah a secret.

 

Jay sighed, "You of all people know that is not the basis of our friendship." And it is true. The two are too frank with each other. They had promised each other a while back to keep it simple and honest. That they can always rely on another to never give flowery advice for anything. That sometimes, they are both their last resort when it comes to advice because it usually means they already know they just needed to hear it from another person.

 

"Just humor me, Jay." Her face looks like she is about to shed tears if he would keep pushing on the topic when she isn't ready.

 

"Okay. I guess I should tell you what I was about to talk about?" He recalled that this was what he said before they were headed to her house and how she pestered him so much on the ride there about this tiny information. He didn't even wait for her response and he just went ahead, "AOMG is getting a partner so the company can get bigger. We can finally have trainees and hopefully debut a group."

 

She widen her eyes in excitement, since she's known him he always wanted to be someone role model or for someone to aspire to be. When they were still trainees Jay would sometimes help her with her dance and vocals if he has time. It was more comfortable asking help from him since it's from a third point of view. She always though he was that good of a teacher too despite her faults and her two left feet. So this is actually such good news. "I am so proud of you." She found a piece of paper and tossed it his direction.

 

He caught it perfectly, "Yet your reaction says differently."

 

"You of all people know that this is the basis of our relationship." She repeated what he had said with humor shining in her eyes. This is how she responds to happiness. Jay is her personal punching bag.

 

"Well, I never realized my words would eventually get used against me." Jay say as he drank from the bottle as well not giving any to her when she reached out for the bottle. "Nope, you're officially cut off. You know, you’re more of a light weight now than when you started off." He teased as he pointed out that she was already turning bright pink and was almost falling off the table was a big sign that she wasn't as sober as she thought she was.

 

"You don't know." She mumbled incoherently and then she realized what she had done, she straightened up realizing it was going to be another source of torment from Jay.  "Anyway, what company is going it going to partner with?"

 

Jay pursed his lips and hesitated. After a second he responds, "Well, It's still in the middle of processing. If I say anything it might get jinxed."

 

She raised an eyebrow but then nods anyway. She totally understands what that feels like. It’s nice to share something even if it’s a small detail but if one goes on about it more than what is dealt with then it doesn't go through. "Alright."

 

He hands her the bottle which only has less than 1/8 of the contents left which she accepts. "Why does it seem like I need to give you something in return for taking this?"

 

He doesn’t respond though but just waits patiently for her to speak up, he was looking at her not breaking his gaze. They did this for about five minutes until it was Dara who caved, "Fine." Then took a long drink from what's left from the bottle and said, "I don't know what to do because Jinnah may look like a replica of me but personality wise she is all Jiyong. So, if I tell Jinnah first about Jiyong I am completely sure she's want to see Jiyong right there and then leaving Jiyong blindsided... It'll be the same thing if I tell Jiyong first." She runs her fingertips through her hair and grips at roots of it. "I'm not sure if I can deal with this right now."

 

"You can't runaway anymore Dara. You have to face this. Whoever you want to tell first, just explain to them clearly what needs to happen first. They both need to be prepared for the meeting. Jinnah is a smart girl, if you explain to her what's going to happen she'll wait. Jiyong is an adult I know he can wait."

 

The way Jay sounds sure about the situation made Dara look up from despite her world spinning if she'd look up other from the table now. "What makes you so sure about everything?"

 

He just sighed and said, "As much as you say that Jinnah has her father's mannerisms, she's still your daughter which means she'll listen to you because she looks up to you that much. And for Jiyong, well I don't really know but if he was me... I wouldn't put pressure on Jinnah knowing that she needs to be ready for this first. This will be a big change for both of them that's for sure."

 

"And I did this to them." Dara's voiced cracked as a tear had fallen from her eye.

 

Jay pursed his lips and he stood up. He sat next to Dara and he wrapped an arm around her comfortingly, "No need to dwell on it now. You had your reasons and it's to protect both of them. Having G-dragon-kiko-dara situation going on, the media would have a field fest on this." He softly pats Dara's back rhythmically. At least now, since Jiyong has comeback from Military a year ago he had stayed more behind the scenes, producing, and even having a girl group under his wing has got the media chilled out from his family.

 

That was the last thing she remembered because she was sure she passed out on the table. Jay probably moved her to the couch because that was where she had woken up when Jinnah was looking for her.

 

 

"Hello? Are you going to answer or just stare at me?" Leah asked as she waved a hand in front of Dara.

 

Dara blinked realizing that she had just been blankly staring she even tried to recall what Leah's question was. "I drank my whole body weight it looks like." Dara turned so she's be laying on her back. The bright light of the window, shows the sun shining brightly totally ignoring her gloomy feel.

 

"Alone?!" Leah gasped. "You never drink!" She would recall parties where Dara would refuse the drinks or just let it sit there if it's the big bosses that offer her alcohol.

 

"And now I remember why." Dara mumbled angrily to herself. She had completely changed her lifestyle since Jinnah was born. It's not like she never drank again but she did once when she was still working in the pubs and she regretted it since she had totally lost all her tolerance for alcohol. "And no, Jay's in town."

 

"Oh." Leah has met Dara's best friend once before and has spoken to him on the phone a few times for Dara but other than that she doesn't personally know the guy. "So how are you feeling?" She asked.

 

"I'm not sure. A little bit better. Though I believe I was still drunk this morning and now I actually do have the hangover." Dara covered her eyes with her arm since the brightness of the sunlight shining through the window is giving her a headache.

 

Leah just smirked and shakes her head in disapproval, "You drank that much huh?"

 

"I did not drink that much!" Dara said defensively.

 

Leah rolled her eyes, "I saw an empty bottle of wine on the kitchen sink. And I think Jay isn't the type to drink fancy expensive wine. So you finished it." She remembered the bottle was given by one of Dara's artist managers two years ago. She was also given a bottle which she finished that same month. She recalled the fruity delicious taste of that wine. From her impression of Jay, he wouldn't enjoy it too much and wouldn't even get hit by its low alcohol content. If Dara did indeed finish the bottle it only means that Dara's alcohol tolerance is as light as a feather which she totally understands as to why Dara doesn't drink when offered.

 

Dara took too long to respond because when she tried to defend herself some more that Leah just laughed at her. Dara just gave up and groaned, "I'm not admitting to anything."

 

Leah just patted Dara's arm lightly. "I don't think you need to. Your eyes are already giving me the answer." Then Leah's expression changed, "Well, I think you should wear this anyway." She placed a black off the shoulder dress that hugged Dara's curves perfectly despite the little presence of it. The dress wasn't long or too short either as it was only up to top of her knees. She even gotten shoes which was a bright red one which was a good three inches long. "He's a lot taller than you, so maybe these shoes can help you look him in the eye to tell him about Jinnah." Leah said calmly as if she already knows what is in Dara's mind.

 

Dara took her hand off her arm and stares at Leah blankly. "How—" then she realized she didn't even need to ask.

 

"Because I'm awesome." Leah said as a matter of factly, "You certainly don't keep me around for my incredibly good looks, though it's a plus."

 

Dara chuckled which she regretted since her head is still hurting.  The reason why a lot of producers in the main building wants to fight over Leah when Dara has her hiatus days is that Leah is that good. She could always anticipate things that needs fixing before even the trouble occurs or even just prepare everything that all that needs to be done. This is how Dara and Leah work so well also, because if anything that Leah can't control Dara would always jump to fix it immediately. It actually goes both ways amazingly for them. "Well, aren't we full of it?" Dara teased.

 

"It is true. I am all awesome and not just in the beauty department." Leah said as she flipped her hair dramatically.

 

Dara laughed hard this time, "Please don't make me laugh. It hurts." She coughed out and had to cover so she would stop.

 

"I wasn't trying to." Leah said as she rolled her eyes.

 

"Thank you. I needed that." Dara said. She knows that Leah is just trying to make her feel better despite her being proud anyway. Dara sits up and takes a deep breath when she saw the mess in her room. She couldn't believe how it looked, it was exactly as Leah described it. Someone robbed her or just decided to throw everything she owned in her closet on the floor. Dara wraps the clothes Leah picked out on her arms and reached for a hanger to keep it ready for later.

 

"You're welcome." Leah stood up from the bed as well. She grabbed a few clothes on the floor, "Let's clean up before Jinnah comes back from school and think someone broke in here."

 

Dara pursed her lips together and said, "You don't have to do that. I think bothering you enough about trivial things is too much." These past two days she's totally been not herself that even something as simple as what to wear she had needed help.

 

Leah just scoffed as she continued to pick up shoes on the floor finding its pair. "Nonsense." She walks over to where Dara hung the dress seeing if the ones she held was a better fit than what she picked out. She just left it there letting Dara decide later. "I may be a paid employee but for these time I also see you as my friend." Then Leah just shrugged not thinking much if her statement since she's sure Dara also sees her as a friend too. "And as your friend. Just shut up and take my help."

 

Dara smiles, seemingly touched about the situation but don't want to say anything about it and just went ahead starting picking up clothes on the floor onto her bed so she can put them back on the hangers that are scattered on bed.

 

"Seriously. What on earth did you do?" Leah complained in frustration realizing that Dara had almost already emptied out her closet by how much she looked for something to wear.

 

Dara rubbed the back of her neck embarrassingly and the more she tries to recall what she did, her head would hurt worse. "I seriously, do not know how it got to this...."

 

Leah just stares at her disappointingly and shakes her head. "I don't think you should be allowed to drink at all."

 

Dara could feel a memory tug at her mind when she was still a trainee… she recalled Jiyong saying those exact words to her way a few months before they dated on and off for years. Actually, it was around that moment that she had started to view Jiyong as more than a friend but she was just too stubborn to even notice it.

 

 

September 2008

"Jinja noona," Jiyong had already taken three bottles of beer from her and that doesn't even count the many shots she had taken in the past twenty minutes. It could be enough to get her knocked out but she had also been shoving food down but that still doesn't mean to drink her whole body weight down in less than twenty minutes.

 

"Yah Kwon Jiyong! One more drink you'll take away from me, I swear to god I'm going to cut your hands off." Dara snapped angrily at Jiyong and took the bottle from Jiyong drinking it in one gulp.

 

Jiyong sighs and plops on the chair next to her, exhausted on trying to making her stop.

 

Dara stares at the empty bottle and then rests her head on the table since it had gotten so heavy for her to begin with and now she's dizzy.

 

Jiyong saw this and had to pull her towards him so she'd lay on his chest because it wasn't the table she was leaning on but the edge of the table that she would have fallen face first on the floor. "Jeez, noona." He cursed under his breath.

 

"I was fine." Dara lifts her head to find Jiyong only a couple inches from her face. She blinks a couple times realizing that she was so close that she could feel Jiyong's warm breath on her cheek and it was making her dizzier.

 

"I don't think you should be allowed to drink at all," Jiyong whispers in English,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter