xx 9.5 xx

I Run To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9.5
Jiyong's POV


(A/N: i found this chapter on my folder, this was supposed to be part of chapter 9 but seeing that this is about 2k words i scrapped it summarizing this moment for only 3 paragraphs. It hurt to cut it because ive written alot but rereading this again. I wanted to post it.)

 

He was a terrible husband and he knew it but his actions now makes everything much worse.

 

Three years ago, he announced that he was going to enlist in the military to think and reflect on his actions. His fans were upset when they had found out that not only is he getting married but Kiko was pregnant. He couldn't deny the rumors anymore there was no way. Kiko's baby bump was showing and delaying this marriage was making it much worse.

 

The only bad thing about this was that he didn't even discuss this decision with Kiko. She had suggested that he would just move to Japan temporarily for a while until the issue dies down, so when he had told her about this as a final decision without her knowledge their said marriage went down hill from there. He had stayed for another year before he finally enlisted because he wanted to patch things up with Kiko but it didn't work.

 

It was more of they remained married to save Jiyong's career and hers as well. Also staying married for Daehyun Zane. Even after he had found out two months after Daehyun's birth that wasn't actually the father but be had already loved the child so to him it did not matter.

 

She had given him the two years being in the army to think about their life and marriage with her, their supposed family. So the past year and a half he would call to briefly talk to Kiko about Daehyun but that is about it and the entire allowed phone call he'd speak to then two year old and now three year old.

 

So now, the year and a half has passed. He is now out of the military, instead of going to Japan he takes the next flight to New York which could only mean that his choice is obvious. He chose Dara if she'll have him again. It's worth a shot, in these past four years he's miserable. The only comfort he can get from his heart still broken is his music and Daehyun.

 

The question is, where does he start?

 

New York City is a huge city. Every time he comes here he always feel like he can get swallowed by the city. Seoul has this feel too but at least he grew up there. He was never fond of NYC anyway. Which is probably why Dara chose to come here, he'd never think of finding her. London was more of both their style. That was why he tried to look for her there a week before he enlisted it was then when Sanghyun had told him that Dara was somewhere else in the last place she's expected to be.

 

He wasn't sure what he wanted to say but maybe when he sees her it'll be the start.

 

Despite being jet-lagged, he is still wide awake at 3pm which would be 4am in Korea now. It would have been better if he stayed in the hotel for now and rested so he can at least figure out how he can take this situation once he finds Dara. He has been officially been awake for almost twenty four hours now which is the first time since he was in the military since there is a strict sleeping hours during that time.

 

He looks at his phone which is the only thing he has that he brought on his enlistment day.

 

The only person who knows he was getting out yesterday is Youngbae and as expected he had already gotten about fifty missed calls from his best friend.

 

There was really no set date for him coming back it was either yesterday or next week since he wanted to keep it silent, that he was given a week early leave due to good service and good conduct.

 

So he had called Youngbae when he came out saying he was in the airport.

 

Youngbae threatened him that he better not leave to get on that plane without seeing him first. He was supposed to wait for Youngbae to come to the airport but plans changed when he saw a direct flight to New York that was leaving in twenty minutes. Testing fate, he checked if there was an open seat which had just one left so he took it and didn't totally forgot about calling Youngbae then.

 

So when he called Youngbae back after almost a day later, the greeting on the phone was non-existent but a instead was given a very colorful curse.

 

"Miane." Was all Jiyong could say.

 

"Miane?! Are you freaking kidding me, Kwon Jiyong? I was about to file a missing person's report if you didn't call for another three hours!"

 

Jiyong sighed not really knowing how to respond. "Does anyone else know that I came back?" He asked desperately he wasn't even sure why he still wants to keep it secret.

 

"No you selfish bastard." Youngbae snapped at him since he was still pretty pissed off. He had canceled all his schedule yesterday and even today just so he can wait for any news report if Jiyong had died or something. You can never really know with saesangs now a days, they might have learned about the week early out from the military for Jiyong. "Where the hell are you anyway? Tell me, so i can go there and I can kick your ."

 

"New York." Jiyong responded softly, even he couldn't believe he is here.

 

"What--" then Youngbae cleared his throat when he realized what his best friend was doing on the other side of the earth instead if going to Japan to his family. He really doesn't know where Dara is but if Jiyong decided to take that last minute flight then it only means it's her. "Oh."

 

"Miane." Jiyong repeats a bit more sincerely this time.

 

"When did you arrive?" Youngbae asked.

 

"About three hours ago, I just settled at the hotel."

 

Youngbae scoffs and mumbled angrily how it took him three hours to call him back but he decided not to say it clearly since he knows that Jiyong is already having a hard time making this decision. He had visited him a few times during his military days off and Jiyong would always talk about how conflicted he feels about the entire situation. He loves Daehyun like his own and would never want to hurt him by leaving but on the other hand there is still Dara.

 

Dara who still has his whole heart and soul, has been since he laid eyes on her when they were teenagers. When Youngbae asked why he married Kiko or why he always ran to Kiko when Dara would go on her moments where she's freak out...

 

Jiyong answered, "Because, I was lonely. I used Kiko to fill that void even if it was little but everytime I'm with Kiko i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter