Forever Young

A Thin Line Between Love & Hate

 

Chapter 3

 

I’ve definitely came a long way...

 

Jackson is looking over his rooftop balcony at Seoul’s night skyline; the view is breathtaking. Got7’s “Forever Young” playing in the background and sipping on 1738, he starts to reminisce on how it all started.

 

Jackson was an orphan and growing up in the orphanage was tough financially, but with all the other kids around he felt loved. The day he found out he was awarded a scholarship to the most prestigious all boys high school in Korea, he was ecstatic. He knew he had to work hard for a brighter future and make something of himself.

 

“Hey there’s the new kid.”

“He’s hot.”

“Too bad he’s poor.”

 

Those were the type of comments that he got used to from all the rich kids at school. No one really picked on him, but none of them talked to him either. That is until the day he met Mark Tuan.

 

“Hey Mark. Where you’ve been man?” asked a random kid.

“I’ve been sick, so I had to miss the first week of school. What’s new? Did I miss anything?” smiled Mark.

“Nothing much. Aside for the new scholarship kid. Everyone pretty much ignores him.”

Hearing that hurt Mark’s heart. Even though he had everything he could ever want, he knows the feeling of being lonely. His parents were always gone on business trips and pretty much left Mark to raise himself. Mark decided he wanted to be the new kid’s friend.

 

“Hi. Do you mind if I sit next to you?” asked Mark.

Jackson looked up to the smile of an angel. His angelic features took his breath away.

“Are you talking to me?” mumbled Jackson awkwardly.

“Do you see anybody else around?” laughed Mark.

Even his laugh was alluring.

 

The rest was pretty much your typical high school love story. Mark and Jackson spent all their time together; whether it was at school, the orphanage with the other kids, or at Mark’s empty mansion. Eventually Jackson mustered up the courage to ask Mark out and they’ve been happily dating ever since. Until the day, Mark broke Jackson’s heart.

 

Eventually Mark’s parents found out about him dating Jackson. And even though they weren’t against Mark being gay, they were against Mark dating someone who didn’t have a future. Mark fought with his parents and ultimately accepted defeat when his dad threatened to get Jackson’s scholarship revoked if he didn’t break up with him. Knowing that he’ll never allow that to happen, Mark decided to make the toughest decision in his life. 

 

“Hey Mandu, can I talk to you after school?” texted Mark.

“Of course Dimsum. Let's meet at the orphanage.” replied Jackson.

 

After school…

 

“Forever Young” can be heard coming from one of the kid’s room in the orphanage. 

“Listen babe our song is playing” grinned Jackson.

Mark almost smiled, but stopped himself.

You can do this Mark. You have to. It’s for Jackson’s own good.

“I want to break up” said Mark avoiding his lover’s eyes.

“What? Quit playing around Dimsum. That’s not funny.”

“I’m not kidding. I’m tired. Tired of putting on this facade. I never loved you. It was all a lie”.

Mark’s heart broke when he saw the look on Jackson’s face, tears forming in the kid’s eyes.

“What do you mean you never loved me? It’s always Markson or never. You said you’ll never leave me...” begged Jackson. 

Don’t cry Mark. Don’t cry. Finish it and walk away.

“You people always resort to begging” said Mark.

“What?” said the confused Jackson.

“You heard me. You people, as in poor people. Senior year is coming up and I have to think about my future. What can someone like you offer me Jackson?”

“You said you didn’t care about the money. That I was enough for you.”

“Enough? Besides your good looks, what do you have to offer? You can’t pay the bills with your looks Jackson. I never loved you. It was all a joke to me. And I’m tired of of playing this game.”

“A joke….” whispered the broken Jackson.

Mark turns to walk away and Jackson grabs his hand as a final attempt. The weakening Mark wanted to just tell Jackson the truth  and console the crying kid, but he knew he couldn’t. Mark yanked his hand away from Jackson.

“Don’t touch me ever again. As a matter of fact, don’t even talk to me anymore. We’re on different levels.”

 

Mark walked away from the sobbing broken Jackson who was on his knees. After he was out of Jackson’s eyesight, Mark broke down. He never cried so hard in his life. They say when you hurt the one you love, you are bound to hurt yourself.

 

Thanks for all the subscribes, up-votes, comments, and messages. Sorry if I skimmped on the backstory for this chapter. I plan on doing flashbacks throughout the story so I didn't want to focus too much in one setting. I just wanted to give a little look into their past, so that I can get on to the present. Oh and I promise more romance in upcoming chapters. It is a love/hate relationship though. Please enjoy. =)