Foolish Beat Of My Heart

A Thin Line Between Love & Hate

Chapter 23

 

No matter how long it takes, true love is always worth the wait…

 

Mark didn’t know how to react. He knew there was a possibility that Jackson wouldn’t remember him when he came to, but his heart wasn’t prepared for the pain. Tears started forming in his eyes. Jackson saw Mark’s face and he felt a twinge of guilt. 

 

“So how does it feel?” asked Jackson.

“How does what feel?” replied the confused Mark.

“How does it feel to have the one you love forget you or even pretend to forget you like you’ve done to me?”

“I don’t understand what you’re saying.”

“It was a lie. I didn’t lose my memories,” confessed Jackson.

“But the doctor said there was a chance you would lose your memories.”

“The doctor is a friend of mine. I asked him to play along so I can find out how you really feel about me.”

“You…ugh…I hate you Jackson Wang. I’m leaving,” said Mark, as he tries to get up. Jackson pulls Mark in by his hands and holds him tight against his chest.

“No you don’t. You love me Dimsum,” teased Jackson.

“No I don’t. I hate you. Let go of me,” struggled Mark.

“So you kiss everyone you hate on the lips?”

“You felt that?,” asked Mark, with a slight blush.

“Oh I was awake the entire time. From your stolen kiss, to your heartfelt confession. And now that I have you, I’m never letting go. You’re stuck with me forever,” chuckled Jackson, as he hugs Mark tighter.

The embarrassed Mark pushes Jackson off him, causing Jackson to yelp out in pain. The guilty Mark rushes back to Jackson’s side. “I’m sorry Mandu. Are you okay. I didn’t mean to hurt you,” apologized Mark, worried.

“Mandu huh? See…you do love me,” teased Jackson. “Just admit it.”

“Ugh…I can’t stand you. Fine. I love you. There I said it. Happy?”

“Very….” said Jackson, grinning like a fool. “Now how about a proper kiss?”

“You wish,” said Mark, as he stuck his tongue out at his lover. "And how long do you plan on milking this I'm hurt thing? Cause it's going to get tiring real fast."

“Awww…is that the thanks I get for saving your life?” pouted Jackson.

“Ugh…you’re going to be the death of me Jackson Wang.” Mark walks up to Jackson and plants a soft kiss on Jackson’s lips, but Jackson pulls him in passionately, tongue and all. This is the first time that Mark doesn’t resist Jackson’s kiss, putting all his love into act. After a few minutes, the couple finally separates. 

“Wow,” said Jackson. “You’ve been holding out on me this entire time.”

“Oh I have plenty more secrets to reveal,” teased Mark.

“I can’t wait to uncover them,” hissed Jackson. “Speaking of secrets. Did you know our best friends are dating?”

“Wait…what? JB and Jr?”

“Yup...they’ve been playing the both of us like fools this entire time.”

“Now it all makes sense. Showing up together, the phone calls, and dates with no one in particular. How could they? We have to get them back,” grinned Mark, evilly.

 

A little while later…

 

Jr and JB returns to the hospital and enters the room to see a distraught Mark and an awakened Jackson. 

“Jacks you’re awake. How are you feeling?” asked JB, as he rushed to his friend’s side.

“Psychically…alright. Mentally…I can’t remember anything,” said Jackson.

Jr looked at his friend and he could tell he’s been crying, “Markie what’s wrong.”

“Everything,” replied Mark. “Like the doctor said, he can’t remember anything. No matter what I said or tried, he can’t remember me. Maybe I deserve this. My heart can’t take this Jr. I have to get away.”

“Wait…what? What are you planning to do?” asked Jr.

“I want to start over. I want to get as far away from here as possible and forget everything. You love me right?”

“Of course I do,” said the confused Jr.

“Good. Then move with me to America. I already started looking up plane tickets. I already asked Mom and Dad and they said it’s fine.”

“They did?”

“Yea. I mean it’s not like you have anything or anyone here holding you back right?”

Both Jr and JB looked at each other and both had a guilty look on their faces.

“That guy over there. Mark was it?” asked Jackson.

“Yea…Mark,” replied Mark, sadly.

“Sorry. Well he told me you’re my best friend and that you’ll be taking care of me. Is that right?” asked Jackson.

“Umm…yea that’s right,” said JB.

“You won’t leave me right?”

“No. I can’t…I mean I won’t leave you,” said the defeated JB.

“Then it’s settled. JB will take care of Jackson and Jr you’ll take care of me in America. I want to get out of here as soon as possible. I’m going to find the doctor and sign all the necessary paperwork,” lied Mark.

“The meds the doctor gave me is finally kicking in. I’m getting sleepy,” lied Jackson, as he lays down.

 

The secret couple waited until Mark left and heard the sound of Jackson snoring, before they said anything. 

“What are we going to do?” asked JB.

“What can we do?” replied Jr.

“We can tell them the truth. That we’re dating.”

“That won’t change anything. Mark would still want to go to America. He won’t ask me to leave you and go, but he needs me. As Jackson needs you.”

“But I need you,” pleaded JB.

“I know. But our best friend’s need us more.”

“So this is it? It’s over? We’re over?”

“I guess so.”

“I love you,” confessed JB.

“I love you too,” replied Jr.

“I’ll wait for you no matter how long it takes,” said JB.

“I can’t ask that of you,” said Jr. “I don’t know how long I’ll be gone.”

The two embraced each other for what they thought would be the last time; tears in their eyes. All of a sudden they heard laughing, followed by the sound of applause.

 

“What’s going on?” asked the confused pair, at the same time.

“Look Dimsum. Isn’t that cute? They even talk in unison. We can learn a thing or two from them,” laughed Jackson.

“I rather die first,” teased Mark.

“What are you guy’s talking about? And why do you have your arms around Mark, Jacks?” asked JB.

“The question is why are you kissing my best friend?” asked Mark.

JB blushed and was about to let Jr go from his embrace. “Don’t you dare let go,” threatened Jr. “Can’t you tell, we’ve been duped?”

“We what?” asked the still confused JB.

“Is he always this slow?” asked Mark.

“Hey be nice Dimsum,” said Jackson.

“Yea…layoff my boyfriend Markie,” said Jr. 

“Aww…you’re choosing him over me?” pouted Mark, pretending to be hurt.

“If that was true, I wouldn’t have been willing to move across the world with you now would I” replied Jr. “How can you guys play such a cruel joke?”

“Yea, how could you Jacks?,” said JB.

“Hey don’t look at me. It was all his idea,” said Jackson, as he pointed to his lover.

“Wow. Thanks for the back up…not,” replied Mark. “Serves you guys right for lying to us the entire time.”

“Yea serves you right,” chirped Jackson. 

“No one asked you,” said Mark and Jr, at the same time. The best friends looked at each other and gave each other a high five. 

“What have we gotten ourselves into JB?” said Jackson. 

“I ask myself the same thing all the time,” replied JB, as he shook his head. Both Mark and Jr lovingly hit their partners and both Jackson and JB pretended to be hurt. 

“Now that everything is out in the open, no more secrets. Agree?” said Mark.

“Agreed,” said Jr, JB, and Jackson.

“So you didn’t lose your memories Jacks?” said JB.

“No I didn’t. I just wanted to test Mark.”

“You what?” said Jr and JB.

“Can you guys knock that off? You’ll start giving him the idea that we should be talking in unison too,” laughed Mark.

“We can’t help it,” laughed JB.

“What did you do to Markie?” accused Jr.

“Yea, what did you do to Markie?” mimicked JB.

“Ugh…you’ve always been Team Mark and you’re supposed to be my best friend,” pouted Jackson. 

“Team Mark huh?” teased Mark.

“Yea, that’s one of the reasons why I fell for him,” confessed Jr. JB shrugged shyly. 

“You might just have my approval to date my best friend after all,” laughed Mark. “Well your best friend  here teamed up with his doctor friend and tricked me into believing that he lost his memories. So I figured I’d keep up the charade and trick you guys into confessing too.”

“Wow. We’re one messed up bunch huh?” laughed JB.

 

BamBam could hear the laughter coming from inside the room. Here goes nothing. It’s now or never. 

 

Hey everyone. This was supposed to be the last chapter, but it got too long and I didn't want to rush things. So the next chapter, Chapter 24  will be the last chapter. Plus I like even numbers. Lolz!!! I'll try to write it as soon as I can, along with the first chapter of my next story. Hope you guys enjoyed this and stay tuned for the ending. =)