It's Not Working, So Stop Fronting

A Thin Line Between Love & Hate

Chapter 12

The greatest distance between two people is misunderstanding...

 

Surprised by BamBam’s attack kiss, Jackson pushes him away.

“What do you think you’re doing?”

“Oh come on hyung. We’ve done more than kiss. What’s the problem?” pouted BamBam.

“That was in the past and we both had fun while it lasted. As you can see, I’m married now.”

“A fake marriage and you don’t even love him. Or do you?”

A part of me will always love him, even if I hate him.

“Regardless of the circumstances, I can’t afford for anyone to misunderstand if they see us together. Let’s just end what we had.”

“It’s because of him isn’t it? Please don’t leave me. I love you hyung. I’ll be or do anything you want. Just don’t cut me out of your life,” begged BamBam.

 

Before Jackson could give an answer, JB walks in.

“Hey Jacks. There you are. Everyone’s been looking for you. It’s time to cut the cake. Where’s Mark by the way?”

“How should I know?” replied Jackson.

“Well he came out looking for you awhile ago and I saw him walk in here a minute ago, then he ran out.”

Mark was here and he ran out? Oh god…he must’ve saw BamBam kissing me.

“I have to go find him. We’ll finish our talk later BamBam,” as Jackson rushes out.

“Why is he in such a hurry?” asked the confused JB.

“Probably to go console his little bride.”

“For what?”

“Nothing major. Mark just saw Jackie and I kissing just now.”

“You didn’t….” said the stunned JB.

BamBam just snickered, “My planned worked out better than I expected.”

 

As Mark is running away crying, he accidentally bumps into someone.

“Sorry,” said Mark. “Oh Jr it’s just you.”

“Don’t it’s just you me,” teased Jr, until he saw the tears in Mark’s eyes. “Mark what’s wrong? Why are you crying?”

“Let’s get away from here first,” said Mark.

The friends walk hand in hand into the near by garden and takes a seat on a bench.

“So can you tell me now why you were crying,” asked the worried Jr.

“That’s the thing, I honestly don’t know why. I mean yes I saw Jackson kissing BamBam, but I have no reason to cry right? It’s not like we’re really together or anything. What right do I have to be jealous?” 

“Well do you think you like Jackson?”

“No,” said Mark, not to sure himself. “I don’t know. One minute he acts like he likes me and the next he treats me like I’m his number one enemy. He’s obviously someone from my past, but he won’t tell me how. He seems so familiar, yet I can’t remember him. It’s so confusing. If only I had my memories back.”

“Hey hey,” said Jr, as he embraces his friend. “Don’t strain yourself or you’ll end up fainting again. Your memories will come back eventually. And if they don’t, you can just create new memories.”

“If only it was that easy. Without my memories, it feels like a part of me is missing. Like I’m not a whole person.”

 

Jackson is finally able to find Mark, but he’s too late. He sees Mark and Jr with their arms around each other. 

Why was I stupid enough to think he even cared? Here I am rushing to explain the misunderstanding with BamBam and he’s here in his lover’s arm. Quit being stupid Jackson, you’re not the weak lovesick kid you used to be. He’s your enemy and never forget that.

“Hey Jacks, looks like you’ve seen a ghost. Did you find Mark and explain what really happened?” said JB.

“No need,” replied Jackson. “He’s with his lover. I’m heading back in. You go get him,” as he walks away, conflicted. 

 

“Hey Mark. There you are. I found Jackson. He’s inside waiting for you,” said JB, as he approaches the supposed lovers.

“I guess I should get going. Thanks for the talk Jr.”

“Anytime. You know I’m always here for you,” replied Jr, as he squeezes his friend’s hand.

JB waits for Mark to walk away before saying, “That’s sweet of you.”

“Excuse me,” said the confused Jr to the hot stranger in front of him.

“I said that’s sweet of you to wait for Mark even though he’s married.”

“Who are you? And why is it any of your concern?”

“Well I’m the irresistible JB and Jackson’s best friend,” smirked JB.

“I see humility is something you must forego in order to meet the friend’s criteria with both you and Jackson.”

“Ouch. And I see you and Mark are equally skilled in the art of sarcasm,” laughed JB.

If he wasn’t so annoying, he’d be cute thought Jr.

“As much as I enjoy our little banter, there’s a piece of cake with my name on it.”

“Wait,” said JB, as he grabs Jr’s hand before he walks away. Jr pulls his hand away from JB.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you,” apologized JB, thinking he might have gone too far.

Jr walks up to JB and whispers in his ear, “It’ll take more than a little hand touch to startle me,” winks and walks away.

I think I might be in love thought JB, laughing to himself.

 

As Mark walks into the banquet hall, both Jackson's and Mark’s eyes meet. Neither one is able to read the other. 

“Are you okay?” said Jackson.

“I guess. Let’s just get this over with. I’m tired and ready to go home,” replied Mark.

“We have a lot to talk about.”

“Do we? As far as I’m concerned, there’s nothing to talk about.”

“Why are you so stubborn? Just wait until we get home,” threatened Jackson.

It’s gonna be a long night. You can do this Mark. Hwaiting!!!