Don't Let Go

A Thin Line Between Love & Hate

 

 

Chapter 4

 

Why can’t I stop thinking about him? He looks so familiar…

 

“So I pulled my resources and the jerk’s name is Jackson Wang, Hong Kong’s No.1 richest and most eligible bachelor. He just moved to Korea” said Jr.

“Oh. I don’t know why he looks so familiar though. And he knew my nickname. Which I don’t even know how I even got it.”

“Don’t hurt that pretty little brain of yours. The doctor said your memories will eventually come back. It’ll just take some time.”

“Well one thing's for sure, I know he doesn’t like me so it’s best if I never see him again.”

“How can someone not like my Markiepooh? The guy must not be playing with a full deck if you get my drift” laughed Jr. 

“Better be careful Jirongie, keep my ego and I just may end up falling for you.”

“About time, I don’t know how you resisted this (points to himself from head to toe) all these years.”

“And there’s your answer. You lack humility,” chuckled Mark.

“Ouch…right in the balls. That hurt Markiepooh” pouted Jr.

“Serves you right. Now are you gonna help me with these arrangements for the grand opening of BB or not?”

“Right away boss. You know you owe me a home cooked meal for helping you right?”

“I always cook for you regardless.”

“True true”.

 

“Are you really gonna go through with this Jacks?” asked JB.

“You know I have to”.

“You don’t haaave to, you just want to.”

“And you know I always get what I want” smirked Jackson.

“Oh to be the Wild & y Jackson Wang” teased JB. “But if you buy Tuan Enterprise and Mandu Florals, it’ll just be a waste of money. There’s no profit to be made. And why did he name his shop after you, then acts like he doesn't know you?"

“I've been asking myself the same question. Anywho...I have the money to spare. Plus it’s not about business, it’s for my personal pleasure” said Jackson with a devilish grin.

“You can be so sadistic Mr. Wang” laughed JB. “I understand you want revenge, but is it right to drag others into this?”

“What do you mean?” asked Jackson.

“Well you practically made BamBam hire Mark for the opening of his clothing store. You know he wants you right?”

“BamBam and I are just friends with benefits. Nothing more, nothing less. He knows that”.

“But still, he really likes you and he’ll just end up getting hurt. Plus you know BamBam is a . What if he hurts your precious Dimsum?”

“Oh I’m counting on it. That’s why I chose him.”

All JB could do is shake his head wondering how far his friend will go to exact his revenge. 

 

Meanwhile at BB’s

 

“Watch where you're going” shrieked BamBam. "My clothes is worth more than you’ll ever make in a lifetime. Ugh...idiots. And why are there so many white roses?”

“That’ll be my doing”, said Mark.

“And who are you?”

“The florist you hired.”

“Oh…the help”, sneered BamBam.

Just breathe Mark. He’s a client. Don’t do anything rash. 

“Are there any changes or additions that need to be made?” asked Mark, trying to be professional.

“No I guess that’ll do for now. Just hurry up. I need everything to be perfect for tonight. If you need anything, don’t bother me. Just ask my assistant” as he walks away. 

“Wow. Rude much?” mumbled Mark.

“Oh he’s always like that. Don’t mind him” said a cute guy as Mark turned around.

“Hi I’m Youngjae, BamBam’s assistant.”

“Oh "It" has a name?” commented Mark.

“You’re funny. I like that. You must be Mark?” laughed Youngjae. 

“Indeed I am. Nice to meet you.” as he shook the guy’s hand. 

“Let me know if you need anything.”

“I’ll be sure to. Thanks.” smiled Mark.

 

Jackson’s been watching Mark work this whole time.

Look at him smiling with no care in the world. Flirting with guys left and right. That smile used to be only for me. How I wanna wipe that smile off his face.

 

Mark is on a ladder fixing a huge vase that’s on top of a high pedestal when he begins to feel his feet slipping and begins to fall.

“Watch out!!!” he heard someone shout. 

Damn this is going to hurt.

Bracing himself for the impact, he’s surprised when he finds himself in a pair of strong manly arms.

“Babo…be more careful” said the worried Jackson.

Why do these arms feel so familiar; even the way he smells.

The stunned Mark looks up to an oddly affectionate face that genuinely seemed worried about him.

“Umm…thanks” said Mark meekly. “But why are you holding me so close?”

The question snapped Jackson back into reality. For a split second, his only desire was to save the one he cared about until he realized he hated this person.

“Don’t think I saved you cause I cared” snarled Jackson and he drops Mark to the floor causing the guy to yelp.