First Encounter

A Thin Line Between Love & Hate

Chapter 1

 

It's finally time to exact my revenge...

 

Jackson Wang steps off the plane and begins searching for his best friend JB.

“Wow who’s that?”

“He’s hot.”

“Is he an idol?”

 

Murmurs Jackson hears, as he navigates his way through the airport. Comments that he’s heard over a million times. I mean what is there not to like. He’s a self-made business tycoon, good looking, great in bed, and Hong Kong’s No. 1 most eligible bachelor. Everyone loves him and even if they didn’t they would still wanna sleep with him at least.

 

“Yo Jackson” JB greets.

“Hey buddy” smiles Jackson as he hugs his friend that he hasn’t seen in years.

“Welcome back to Korea”.

“Thanks. It’s good to finally be back.”

“Where’d you wanna go first?”

“You already know why I’m back JB.”

“Already? But you just got back Jackson. Let’s go have fun first.”

“What’s more fun than revenge?”

 

Mark pricks his finger on a white rose that he’s been arranging for a client to pick up any minute now.

 

“Ouch” he says as he his bleeding finger.

“Are you okay?” Jr says as he rushes over to his childhood friend.

“Yea. Just a little prick. I’m fine.”

“You know you can have one of the employees arrange that for you. You don’t have to do everything yourself.”

“But I enjoy it. Plus it helps me keep busy so I don’t think too much. “ Mark says and gives a sad smile.

“Hey. Don’t be like that. You know I’m always here for you. And if only you’d let me help you like I offered, you wouldn’t even have to work.”

“No I can’t do that. You know my pride would never allow myself to take your money.”

“But you're my best friend and I love you Mark”.

“I know that and I love you too. I don’t know what I’d do without you Jr.”

“Well you’ll never have to find out cause I’ll always be here”.

 

Life wasn’t always hard for Mark. He was born to a wealthy family, good looking, and had it all until his parents died in a car crash recently. To make matters worse, he lost some of his memories. And even though him and his parents never had the best relationship, they were all he had, and he did miss them. After their death, debts started piling up, and greedy business partners took over his family’s company and drove him out. He was actually happy they did though. Now he can live a life without the corruption and greed. But he’s been struggling to make ends meet and trying to get accustomed to his new humble life style. 

 

Jackson is parked outside his enemy’s floral shop looking through the window at Mark. He’s even more beautiful than he remembered. The way he smiles, his eyes, his lips, Jackson missed it all. If only they could go back to how things used to be. Now all he wants is revenge and since Mark is practically penniless, it’ll be easier than he thought. He’ll just buy him with money. Something he couldn’t do before.

 

Mark hears the ding from the front door and greets the customer with a bow. When he looks up, his heart stops. Who’s this godly creature and why does he look so familiar?

 

“Hi welcome to “Mandu Florals!!!”

Did he just say Mandu? He named his shop after me? I was so busy looking at him that I didn’t even notice the name. Why would he?

“Hey Mark Tuan”. growled Jackson.

“How do you know my name? Oh maybe from the business listing”. Chuckled Mark shyly; realizing how silly he was. 

He’s gonna pretend like he doesn’t know me? Fine, two can play that game.

“I’m here to pick up the bouquet of white roses I just ordered”.

“Oh yes. I was just finishing it up. You know white roses is my favorite flower?”

How could I forget.

“Did you arrange this yourself?”

“I did.”

It was beautiful. Almost as beautiful as Mark himself.

“If you did, then I don’t want it.”

“Excuse me?”

“You heard me. I don’t want it.”

“Why? You already ordered it and it’s done. If it’s not to your liking. I can fix it for you.”

“The arrangement is not the problem.” hissed Jackson.

“Then what is?”

Jackson grabs Mark’s wrist startling him and it was beginning to hurt.

How come someone so handsome, be so rude and harsh? Mark thought to himself.

“You’re my problem Dimsum!!!"