Quench Your Thirst

A Thin Line Between Love & Hate

Chapter 2

 

What’s this guy’s problem and how does he know my nickname?

 

“Let go of my wrist. You’re hurting me.” Mark said trying to escape.

“Oh you think this hurts? It’s nothing compared to what you did to me," Jackson said. 

“What are you talking about? I don’t even know you. Now let go before I kick you out.”

The pair stares into each other’s eyes for a moment, then Jackson forcefully lets go of Mark’s wrist, causing him to stumble. 

“Have I done something to offend you? And how do you know my nickname?”

 

He really doesn’t remember me? How can he forget so easily? Oh right…cause he’s Mark Tuan…a liar.

 

“Doesn’t matter how I know. Is this how you treat your customers?” Looks around at the shop, “I can see why your business is suffering”.

The stranger’s remark caused Mark to become angry. “Look if you don’t like the bouquet I made, just pay me for my services and leave. Customers like you aren’t welcomed here.”

“I forgot how you people are. All you want and need is money”. Jackson smirks, takes a few bills from his wallet, crumbles it up and throws it into Mark’s face. Mark was so mad from being disrespected that he was shaking, on the verge of tears.

 

Whatever you do, don’t shed tears in front of this jerk. He’s not worth it.

 

Mark grabs a vase from the counter and pours it over the guy’s head. Jackson is too shocked at what Mark did to react. 

“Us people may not be rich and have it all, but we have pride, dignity, and respect for others. Apparently something you lack.” Mark then picks up the crumbled bills, rips it up, and then throws the shreds into Jackson’s icy cold and wet face.

 

“Hey is everything okay here? I heard the commotion all the way in the back. Can’t a guy nap in peace?” said Jr rubbing his eyes. Jr sees Mark trembling and rushes to side, turning him to see if he was hurt anywhere. “Are you okay? Did this guy do anything to you?”

 

Jackson looks at the newcomer fussing over Mark. Definitely cute, but not as manly as me he thought to himself. Must be his boyfriend.

“Me? I’m the one soaking wet and your asking if I did anything to him?” Jackson asks finally able to speak.

“My Markiepooh would never hurt a fly. You must’ve deserved it.”

“Are you his knight in shining armor?”

“That’s none of your business,” said Mark. “Leave before I call the police.”

“I’ll leave for now, but this isn’t over Tuan Yi En and I’m taking this.” as he grabs the bouquet of white roses and walks out the shop.

“Wanna tell me what just happened?” asked Jr. “I need some green tea and strawberries first then I’ll tell you all about it" Mark said as he slumped onto the loveseat.

 

Meanwhile at JB’s apt…

 

“Care to share how the Wild & y Jackson got all wet?” teased JB. “Did your lover do this to you?”

“He’s not my lover” grunted Jackson. At least not anymore.

“Here these are for you.” tossing his friend the bouquet. 

“Aww you shouldn’t have. But you’re not my type Wang.”

“I’m everyone’s type” says Jackson as he tackles his friend.

“Eww…get off me. You’re still wet.”

“I missed you JB.”

“Me too.”

“Can you help me with something?”

“I knew that was coming. You’re always using me, but never wine and dine me.” pouted JB.

“I’ll make it up to you babe. Now can you get me the financial reports on Tuan Enterprise and Mark’s little floral shop?”

“One…don’t ever call me babe. Two…you know I can. Just give me a few days to pull my resources.”

 

I’m going to make you regret the day you left me Mark Tuan.