Catch Me When I Fall

A Thin Line Between Love & Hate

Chapter 14

Whenever you hold back tears, you are drowning your heart…

 

At Mandu Florals…

 

“Hey Markie, you’re finally here…,” said Jr, as his smile fades. “Oh it’s just you.”

“Aww and here I thought you’d be happy to see me,” replied JB, grinning.

“And why would I be? What are you doing here anyways?”

“If I said I was hoping to run into you, would it make your heart flutter?” teased JB.

Jr begins to suddenly gag. “Are you okay?” asked the worried JB.

Jr lets out a laugh, “You actually thought something was wrong with me? I was gagging from your cheesy line. You’re so gullible. It’s actually kind of cute.”

“Aren’t we quite the comedian. Well at least you think I’m cute,” said the slightly embarrassed JB.

 

Mark walks in the shop. Kind of surprised to see JB, he tries to put on a fake smile. But Jr knows Mark too well to be easily fooled.

“Hey Mark,” said JB. “You’re kinda early aren’t you?”

“Hi JB,” replied Mark. “What do you mean early?”

“Well Jackson texted me that you were making breakfast not too long ago.” JB’s comment made Jr raise an eyebrow to Mark.

Mark just shook his head in response to his friend’s unspoken gesture. 

“Oh I did make breakfast. Then BamBam stopped by, so I figured I’d give the two of them some alone time.”

Jr walks up to his best friend and places his forehead on Mark’s. “Are you okay Markie? You must be hungry since you skipped breakfast. Luckily I picked up some pastries from your favorite shop,” being careful not to say too much in front of JB.

They must really love each other thought JB. And why does that make me kinda jealous?

Not wanting to overstay his welcome, JB tried to console Mark. “I’m sure there’s a good reason for BamBam stopping by. I’ll go see Jackson and get to the bottom of it. I’ll see you guys later. Bye Mark. Bye Jr,” as he walks out the door.

“Bye” said the two friends in unison.

“What was JB doing here?” asked Mark.

“I don’t know,” replied Jr. “But enough about him, fill me in on what happened last night and this morning.”

“Can I at least eat first? I’m starving,” said Mark.

“Of course. Let me make you some green tea too.”

 

Meanwhile at Jackson’s place…

 

“What were you doing at Mandu’s anyways?” accused Jackson.

“Umm…this isn’t about me,” evaded JB, not having a good reason to be there aside from wanting to see Jr. “So why was BamBam here?”

“Something about wanting to apologize to Mark and I.”

“And you actually buy that excuse?”

“Umm…not really, but before BamBam or I could explain Mark decides to run off. You’d think he was a track star or something.”

“You still haven’t explained about the kiss?” asked JB.

“No. He was too tired and he dodges the subject each time I bring it up,” responded the defeated Jackson.

“Well you better do something quick. Jr is consoling him at the shop right now. They seem to really be in love. I think you should just leave them be.”

Jackson gets angry. “Why should I leave them be? Why do they get to be in love and I’m over here suffering alone? Just because he lost his memories and forgot what he did to me? It’s not that easy. If I’m not happy, he doesn’t have the right to be happy.”

“Woah…calm down. I just don’t want you to be consumed by revenge. Clearly you’re still in love with him.”

“Well it’s a thin line between love and hate.”

“What’s your next move?”

“Well I have to get Mark alone. Someplace he can’t run off and someplace where we won’t be bothered by BamBam or Jr. I’m gonna take him on a honeymoon.”

“You know Mark isn’t going to go willingly.”

“Guess I just have to kidnap him them,” responded Jackson.

 

JB leaves, without knowing where Jackson was going to take Mark. After making all the necessary arrangements, Jackson packs a luggage for himself and Mark then proceeds to drive to Mandu. We’re either doing this the hard way or the easy way. Please let it be the easy way.

 

Jackson waits in his car until Jr leaves and Mark is locking up the front door.

“Hey,” said Jackson, causing Mark to drop his keys.

“Gosh, you scared me,” replied Mark, picking up his keys.

“Who would’ve thought you’d be startled so easily.”

“What are you doing here?” asked Mark.

“Picking up my partner, of course.” The comment caused Mark to roll his eyes. 

“Oh. Thanks, but you didn’t have to. I made dinner plans with Jr.”

“And you didn’t think to check in with me first?”

“Why would I? We’re not really married. But I guess I should’ve texted you to give you a heads up. Guess I’ll be going then.”

Jackson grabs Mark’s hand. “You’re not going to see Jr.”

“Why not?” asked Mark.

“Cause we’re leaving on our honeymoon right now.”

Mark laughed, "You’re not being serious right. You know we’re not actually married. I’ll see you at home Mr. Wang.”

“Mark please,” begged Jackson. “We have things that need clearing up.” Mark was actually starting to feel a little guilty. 

“Sorry I can’t Jackson. I already promised Jr.”

“So you’re choosing him over me?”

“It’s not like that. He’s my…oh never mind. Yes, I guess I’m choosing him. Happy?”

“Wrong answer.” Jackson pulls a handkerchief from his coat pocket. “Guess we have to do it the hard way. Sorry Dimsum,” as he puts the laced cloth over Mark’s nose.

“Jackson what are you talking about? What are you doooing…” Those were Mark’s last words before he fainted as Jackson catches his limp body and carries him to the car. 

 

A few hours later, on the other side of town…

 

Jr bursts into JB’s office. “Sorry Mr. Im. I tried stopping him, but I couldn’t,” said JB’s secretary. 

“It’s okay. Please close the door on your way out. Thanks.” JB is surprised to see Jr at his office and an upset Jr at that.

Even when he’s glaring at me, he’s cute.

“To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit Mr. Park?” smirked JB.

“Don’t play coy with me JB. Where did your best friend take my best friend? We had dinner plans and Mark never showed up. I tried calling him and it just goes straight to voicemail. I even went to Jackson’s condo and the front desk said they’re away on their honeymoon.”

“Wait...what did you just say?” asked the confused JB, wanting to make sure what he heard was correct.

“Are you slow or hard of hearing? I asked where my best friend was?”

“Did you just say Mark was your best friend?”

Oh crap. Did I really just blurt that out? Mark is gonna kill me if he finds out.

“I meant my boyfriend or lover or whatever, not best friend,” stuttered Jr, trying to cover his tracks.

“Park Jin-young, you better tell me the truth if you want my help,” bluffed JB.

“Ugh…fine. Mark and I are not lovers. We’re best friends like how you and Jackson are best friends. Are you happy now?” said the desperate Jr. “Now where’s Mark?”

“To be honest, I don’t know,” smiled JB.

“What? You just lied to me?”

JB shrugged, “To be fair, you lied to me first. And even though I may not know where Jackson took Mark. I’m sure Mark is fine.”

“And what makes you so sure Mark is safe?”

“Cause I know my best friend as I’m sure you know Mark is capable of taking care of himself.”

“Ugh…I guess. Well since you’re of no use. I’m leaving,” Jr says as he turns to walk away.

“Umm…are we forgetting a little something,” teased JB.

“What am I forgetting?” asked the confused Jr.

“I now know you and Mark’s little secret. What’s to keep me from telling Mark or better yet Jackson?”

“You wouldn’t…”

“Wouldn’t I?” laughed JB.

“What do you want to keep this little secret between us? Money? How much?”

“Oh I have enough money. I want something else,” said JB, as he crept closer to Jr, causing Jr to become a little uncomfortable. 

“Name your price,” said Jr.

“You,” replied JB.

“What? I’m not gonna marry you like how Mark married Jackson. It’s not that serious. I’ll figure something out. Bye JB.”

“Wait, I’m not that crazy. Just go out on a date with me,” laughed JB.

“Just a date?” said Jr.

“For starters.”

“Can I ask why?”

JB was actually thrown off guard, “Well cause I think you’re cute and I like how you treat Mark.”

“Good answer.” Jr moves closer to JB, this time causing him to become a little uncomfortable. “FYI…play your cards right and I might just put out on the first date,” whispers Jr, as he blows in JB’s ear, causing him to blush.

“Bye Mr. Im,” smirked Jr, as he walks out the door.

 

What did I get myself into thought JB as he shook his head, smiling.