In The Moonlight

A Thin Line Between Love & Hate

Chapter 13

I may regret the way we ended, but I will never regret what we had…

 

After the wedding…

 

“Remind me why I have to move in with you again?” whined Mark.

Jackson grabs Mark’s hand and shows him his ring finger. “In case it slipped your mind, we’re married remember?” said Jackson. 

“How could I forget our fake marriage? That’s still not a good enough reason. I could be happily sleeping in my own bed right now. God knows I need it.”

“I can’t risk anyone finding out the truth,” said Jackson.

“Yet you told BamBam,” accused Mark.

“About that…I didn’t mean to…,” stuttered Jackson.

“Save it,” said Mark, as he gets out the car and walks to the front door.

“Hey you’re no better than me. You told your little boyfriend,” said Jackson as he catches up with Mark.

“It’s not the same. Ugh…never mind, guess that makes us even then.”

 

The elevator ride to the rooftop penthouse was silently awkward.

“Well here’s our little love nest. Breathtaking isn’t it?” said Jackson.

“It is”, said Mark, gazing out towards the balcony at Seoul’s night skyline. “I always wanted to live in a place with an amazing view of the city.”

“I know,” replied Jackson, having never forgotten.

“What did you say?” asked Mark.

“I mean…who wouldn’t,” corrected Jackson. “I arranged to have all your stuff delivered here. It should be in one of the spare rooms.”

“I’ll get to it tomorrow. I just want to shower and sleep. Can you show me to my room?”

“Your room? Don’t you mean our room?” teased Jackson.

“Our room? Why would we share a room when you have plenty of spare rooms?” asked the confused Mark.

“Umm…cause that’s what married couples do and this is our wedding night.”

“In case you forgot Mr. Wang, we’re not a real couple and this isn’t our real wedding night.”

“Well regardless the reasoning, all the spare rooms are occupied so we’re sharing a room.”

“That’s fine, I’ll just sleep on the couch then.”

Jackson grabs Mark and pulls him close. “What are you doing? Let go of me,” said Mark, using his forearms as a barrier between him and Jackson.

“Why do you have to be so hardheaded? You know people would die for a chance to sleep in the same bed as me?” bragged Jackson.

“Well I’m not one of those people.”

“What’s the problem anyways? Are you afraid?”

“Why would I be afraid?” stuttered Mark.

“Afraid that I’ll do something to you. Or better yet, afraid you can’t resist me.”

“You wish,” replied Mark, blushing.

Jackson laughs, “It’s settled then. Your clothes are in the master bedroom. I’m going to shower first. Unless you wanna shower together?"

“Ppabo,” Mark pushes Jackson away and runs toward “their” room.

 

Mark is sitting on the huge bed waiting for Jackson to finish up his shower.

You can do it Mark. You and Jr sleep in the same bed together all the time. Just stick to your side and you’ll be fine.

Jackson finally emerges from the bathroom in nothing but a towel, water glistening on his bare chest and abs. Jackson sees the stunned look on Mark’s face and smirks.

“Cat got your tongue?” teased Jackson. “Like what you see?”

Mark gulps, “I’ve seen better,” he lied. 

Jackson crawls up to the bed, “Well I’m all cleaned and fresh, if you wanna have your way with me.”

Mark turns bright red, quickly grabs his clothes and runs towards the bathroom, “You wish.”

“Let me know if you need any help scrubbing your back,” laughed Jackson.

Mark slams the bathroom door shut, making sure the lock is secure.

 

Mark takes a cold shower to cool himself off. Stupid Jackson. 

“That’s unfair,” pouted Jackson.

“What are you talking about?” said Mark, as he emerges from the bathroom.

“I gave you a little show when I came out the bathroom in nothing but a towel and here you are all dressed in your pjs.”

“Well no one asked you for a show and if it wasn’t free, I’d ask for a refund.”

“Ouch,” said Jackson, pretending to be hurt.

“Are you done messing around? I’m tired and I want to sleep.”

“Actually I was wondering if we could talk about what happened earlier. I’d like to explain what you might or might not have saw.”

Marks sighs, “Can we not do this tonight? I’m too tired to be arguing with you.”

“If you just listen to what I have say, they’ll be no argument.”

“Jackson…,” warned Mark.

“Fine fine, but we’re talking about it tomorrow.”

“What ever. Oh and please keep to your side of the bed.”

“I can’t make any promises,” teased Jackson.

 

Mark actually had a goodnight’s rest, even though he slept in an unfamiliar place. He turns to his right and sees a peaceful Jackson sound asleep. The way he’s sleeping is angelic and adorable. If only, he didn’t have to speak thought Mark.

Mark gets out of bed, being careful not to wake Jackson. He decided to shower, get ready, and then make breakfast for the both of them.

 

Jackson wakes up to an empty bed, panicking at first from not seeing Mark until he smells food being cooked from the kitchen.

“Morning,” said Mark to the sleepy Jackson.

“What? No morning kiss?” asked Jackson.

“Hilarious, don’t push your luck. I made us breakfast. Go shower, so we can eat.”

“Yessir,” saluted Jackson.

 

Mark is finishing up with their breakfast of poached eggs over asparagus with a hollandaise sauce, bacon, and hash browns when he hears the doorbell ring. Mark’s smile fades as he opens the door.

 

“Hi Mark,” said BamBam, with a fake smile.

“Ah hi,” said a neutral Mark.

“Is Jackson hyung up yet?”

“He’s actually in the shower.”

“Did you happen to see anything interesting last night between hyung and I?” laughed BamBam.

Just stay calm Mark. Show no emotion.

“Nothing that concerns me,” replied Mark.

“Are you sure? I heard you went running out after you saw us.”

 

Before Mark could answer, Jackson walks into the kitchen. “Dimsum I’m ready to eat,” his words cut off as he sees BamBam.

“BamBam is here to see you,” said Mark. “I’m going to the floral shop,” as he grabs his jacket and bag.

“But we didn’t even have breakfast together,” said Jackson trying to stop Mark from leaving.

“You can eat with him. I made two plates,” replied Mark, trying to get out of there as soon as possible.

“Wait…Mark,” pleaded Jackson, but Mark already closed the elevator door.

 

Sorry for the wait. Here's a new chapter. I might have another chapter up tonight, if not, tomorrow because I really want to finish the scene. Hope you guys enjoy.