Just Walk Away

A Thin Line Between Love & Hate

Chapter 19

Sometimes love just isn’t enough…

 

As Mark drops the platter, he tries desperately to catch it to no avail. All he was able to grab was the white rose. But in doing so, pricked himself on a thorn causing him to bleed and eventually dropping the rose as well. How much hurt can you take before realizing enough is enough thought Mark. 

 

BamBam was only pretending to be asleep. He was waiting for Mark’s entrance the entire time. As Mark backtracked out the bedroom door, BamBam got up from the bed and followed him out.

“Did you enjoy the show?” sneered BamBam. Mark was still too shocked to answer and was fighting to hold back the tears. “Aren’t you tired? Tired of pretending? Tired of being hurt?”

He’s actually right. Where do I draw the line? I can’t keep holding on just because of the past. Jackson’s no longer mine. It’s time to let go.

“Do you love him?” asked Mark, emotionless. 

“What?” asked BamBam, confused and unable to read Mark’s facial expression.

“Do you love Jackson?”

“Of course I do.”

With BamBam’s answer, Mark raised his hand. BamBam flinched not knowing if Mark was going to hit him or not. Mark took off his wedding ring and placed it in BamBam’s hand.

“Take care of him and don’t hurt him like I once did,” said Mark. 

BamBam wasn’t sure how to react. All he could do was nod.

 

JB and Jr finally makes it up to the penthouse suite. They enter to find an undressed BamBam only in his boxers holding a ring. The couple exchanged a worried look.

“Where’s Jacks?” asked JB. 

“Passed out in the bedroom,” replied BamBam.

“And Mark?” asked Jr.

“He left after he caught Jackie and I in bed together.”

“You what?,” said the couple in unison.

Jr turns to leave and JB grabs his hand. “Babe where are you going?”

“I have to go find Mark,” replied Jr. “You stay here and deal with this mess. I’ll call you later,” as he kisses his boyfriend and rushes out.

 

“I think I should head out too,” said BamBam, not too sure what he should be doing.

“Oh you’re not going anywhere until you explain everything to Jackson and I,” threatened JB.

JB walks into the bedroom and sees Jackson knocked out and tries to wake him.

“Jacks wake up,” said JB, as he shakes him. No response. 

“I think he’ll be out until the morning,” said BamBam.

“What did you do to him?” accused JB.

“Oh nothing permanent. Just a little sedative,” shrugged BamBam.

 

Meanwhile across town…

 

“Mark are you sure about all this?” asked the worried Jr.

“I’ve decided,” said Mark. “It’s time.”

“Are you okay? You don’t seem like yourself. You haven’t even shed a tear.”

“I’m tired of crying and being weak. I’m all cried out Jirongie.”

“You don’t even know the whole situation. Should you really be making haste decisions?”

“You didn’t see what I saw. But regardless of the BamBam situation, I’m just tired of it all. The lies, the pretending, the not knowing if he hates me or loves me.”

“Why don’t you just ask him? Tell him the truth,” said Jr.

“I can’t. I wouldn’t even know where to begin. It’s best to just leave things as they are. He deserves a fresh start and I hope he finds it with BamBam.”

“But…,” said Jr.

“That’s enough,” said Mark. “Thanks for helping me get all my stuff from Jackson’s place. I’ll leave you to manage the shop while things cool off and I can finalize everything."

“No prob. That’s what I’m here for. To take care of you. If only you accepted my help sooner. How long are you going to hideout for?”

“As long as it takes.”

“Are you sure you don’t want me to spend the night?” asked Jr.

“Yea, I’ll be fine. I’m just going to sleep it off,” lied Mark.

Bidding Jr farewell, Mark enters the apartment that belongs to one of Jr’s many real estate ventures. Before he can even make it to bedroom, he finally breaks down. It’s all for the best, he kept repeating to himself as the tears continue to fall.

 

The aftermath of the next morning…

 

Once Jackson was awake and JB filled him in on how BamBam drugged him and staged the whole bed scene for Mark to see, it took all the strength JB had to restrain Jackson from hurting the scared BamBam. All he kept repeating was,” I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” He begged Jackson for forgiveness, saying that he did it out of love. The angered Jackson severed all ties with him and even threatened him to never show his face again. BamBam gave Mark’s ring back to Jackson and left in tears, but not before he relayed Mark’s last words, “Hyung I know you may hate me. But I love you and will always love you. Mark asked me to take care of you and for me not to hurt you like he once did.”

 

“What do you think Mark meant by saying that to BamBam?” asked the confused Jackson.

“I don’t know, but isn’t it ironic that you got drugged by BamBam when you drugged Mark not too long ago yourself? At least he didn’t you. Gotta love karma,” laughed JB.

“Ugh…no one thinks you’re funny JB. And now’s definitely not the time.”

“Don’t get all hurt on me now. I was just trying to lighten the situation.”

“Sorry. I know. Let me get dressed and we’ll rendezvous at my place in 30 mins.?”

“Sure. I have to make a phone call anyways. See you in a bit. I’m sure Mark is waiting for you at your place.”

“Let’s hope so,” said Jackson, not too sure himself.

 

A little while later…

 

Jackson drives by Mandu on his way home and sees that the shop is closed. That’s weird thought Jackson. Please don’t let that be a bad omen. Jackson having sped the entire way home, finally makes it to his place and rushes up the elevator. He enters the door, “Mark I’m home.” No answer. He looks on the kitchen counter and sees Mark’s spare key, causing his heart to drop. He rushes to Mark’s room and the door is unlocked. He enters to find an empty room. All of Mark’s stuff is gone. He checks all the other rooms for Mark’s belongings and lastly even the bathroom…nothing; not even a toothbrush. All that is left of Mark is his lingering smell. 

 

JB tried calling Jr on his drive to Jackson’s place, but he didn’t get an answer. He then called Jackson and again, no answer. Why isn’t anyone picking up my phone calls? 

JB reaches Jackson’s place and enters the unlocked door. He hears a muffled sound coming from Jackson’s bedroom and rushes in. JB sees Jackson in a fetal position, sobbing. 

“Jacks what’s wrong? Why are you crying?” said JB, as he rushed to his best friend’s side.

“He’s gone. He left…he left me again,” choked Jackson.