Dropped A Truth Bomb

A Thin Line Between Love & Hate

Chapter 20

 

Some lies are often told with love...

 

A week has passed since Mark and Jackson have separated. Though apart, they’re pretty much just the same lifeless person. Jackson spends his days searching for Mark to no avail; even refusing to eat and sleep properly. Mark rarely leaves the apartment and hardly picks up Jr’s calls, forcing him to just show up to check in on his best friend.

 

“How are things on your end?” asked Jr.

“Not any better since the first day. I practically have to force Jacks to eat and shower. He doesn’t go to work and he rarely sleeps. I’ve never seen him this bad before,” replied JB. “How’s Mark?”

“Just as bad, but probably even worse because he tries to hide the fact that he’s been crying. He doesn’t cook anymore. Hell he rarely picks up my calls. I have to physically go over there to drop off food and make sure he’s eating. I don’t know how long he’ll last,” sighed Jr.

“Babe…we have to do something,” said JB. “It’s been going on long enough.”

“Trust me I want to, but Mark won’t allow it. Each time I bring up Jackson, he just shuts me out. I don’t want him to push me away too. He needs me.”

“Why is your best friend so stubborn?” asked JB.

“Woah…don’t try to blame this all on Mark. Your best friend isn’t exactly faultless either.”

“Well Mark did break his heart. Jacks just wants revenge.”

“People get their hearts broken all the time. It’s called life. Does that give them the right to force someone into marrying them, drowning them, and then them?” replied Jr, starting to get angry.

“Hey babe…calm down,” said JB, trying to console his boyfriend. “I never said what Jacks did was justifiable or right. I’m just saying the whole situation is messed up and no one’s to blame. Love makes people do crazy things. Let’s not fight over this, yeah? Now give me a kiss.”

Jr kisses JB on the lips. “Fine. I’ll help your little friend. Only because I can’t stand seeing Mark the way he is though. But we’re doing this my way. No ands, ifs, or buts about it.” JB just nodded, not too sure what Jr is up to. "Jackson has to pay for what he did. I’ll see you tonight at Jackson’s place. I’m going to go see Mark.”

 

Later on that night at Jackson’s…

 

“Jacks. Hey buddy. How you feeling?” asked JB, worried.

“ing peachy. How else should I be feeling? I’m a hot mess,” replied Jackson, irritable. 

“Woah…let’s take the hostility down a few notches. You know I’m on your side right?”

“I know. I’m sorry. I just feel so hopeless,” sighed Jackson. “I can’t find Mark anywhere. It’s like he disappeared from the face of the earth.”

“What if I told you I know someone who could help?”

“Who?” asked the desperate Jackson. “I’ll do anything.”

“Anything…?” said Jr, as he walks in the door.

“What is he doing here? You brought Mark’s boyfriend to help me?” asked Jackson.

“Just hear him out,” said JB, hoping this wasn’t a mistake.

“How do I know I can even trust him? Shouldn’t he be happy to have Mark back?”

“You can trust him Jacks,” said JB.

“What makes you so sure?”

“Because he’s my boyfriend and I trust him.”

“Wait…what? Come again? He can’t be your boyfriend and Mark’s boyfriend at the same time,” said Jackson, lost.

“I don’t see what Mark sees in you,” said Jr. “You’re not the smartest cookie in the jar.”

“Babe…be nice,” said JB.

“Babe? You have a lot of explaining to do JB,” threatened Jackson.

“Now is not the time. Do you want Jr’s help or not?” said JB, trying to dodge the bullet.

“Fine,” said Jackson. “This isn’t over though.”

 

“Now that we got that out of the way. Let’s get down to business,” said Jr. “In my hand I have 3 folders. The first folder holds the documents showing that Mark sold his shares at Tuan Enterprise to cover the cost of buying the orphanage. And in case you choose to not sell the orphanage to Mark and decide to close it down instead, Mark has enough funds to open a new orphanage. I already spoke to Miss Kim and she’s aware of everything. Therefore, there’s no reason for Mark to have to continue on being married to you.” Both Jackson’s and JB’s face dropped. “As for the second folder, it holds Mark’s petition for a divorce. And lastly, the third folder holds the documents stating that you are willing to relinquish everything you own to Mark.”

“Wait I can understand the first 2 folders, but why would I sign everything over to Mark? And how are you here to help me get Mark back?” asked Jackson.

“Listen and listen carefully Jackson Jia-Er Wang. Mark and I are best friends like how you and JB are best friends. We were never lovers. You just assumed we were and Mark left it that way. Secondly, Mark got all his memories back the night you threw him off the yacht and he drowned. If you would’ve listened when you were forcing yourself on him, he even called you Mandu. But we all know how that went. And lastly, Mark didn’t break your little heart on purpose like you thought he did.”

“What?” said Jackson, still in shock over Jr’s confession.

“Mark’s parents found out about you guys dating and they forced Mark to breakup with you. They threatened to have your scholarship revoked if he didn’t, so he did what he thought was best for you. Even if it meant breaking both your hearts.”

“How do I know you’re telling the truth?” whispered Jackson, knowing that’s something Mark would do.

“I have no reason to lie to you and if you don’t believe me, you can ask Miss Kim. Mark told her the truth.”

Jackson fell to his knees, trying to process everything Jr told him. I spent half my life plotting revenge and it’s all in vain?

“And after everything you’ve done to him, Mark still loves you,” said Jr. “I don’t know why."

“He what?” whispered Jackson, in disbelief. 

“He still loves you. That’s why he left, so you and BamBam can supposedly be together.”

Dimsum, how can yo use so cruel? Don’t you know that I can only love you?

“Jr you have to tell me where Mark is. Please…I’m begging you. I have to see him,” pleaded Jackson. 

“Do you love Mark and are you willing to do anything and everything for him?” asked Jr.

“Of course I do. I always have and always will, even if I have a ed up way of showing it,” said Jackson.

“Then prove it. Sign everything over to Mark. Only then will I tell you where he is.”

“Jacks wait. Think it over. If your sign those papers, everything you’ve worked for will be gone,” warned JB.

“I don’t care,” said Jackson. “If I don’t have Mark in my life, it’s not a life worth living. I’m willing to give up everything, even if it’s just for a chance to be with Mark again. It’s the least I can do after everything I did to him. Jr give me the papers."

 

Once Jackson signed the papers, Jr gave him the address and Jackson ran out of the apartment. 

“Was that all really necessary?” asked JB.

“Of course it was. But don’t worry, it was just a test,” said Jr.

“What do you mean? Were all those documents fake?”

“No, they were real alright. That doesn’t mean I have to really file them though. I can just shred them,” said Jr. “I just had to be sure Jackson really loved Mark. And let’s just say it’s insurance on my part.”

“Remind me to never get on your bad side Mr. Park,” said JB, kinda scared of his boyfriend.

“Just keep that in mind,” laughed Jr.

“Hopefully they can work it out,” said JB.

“Me too,” replied Jr.

 

As Jackson rushes out of the building to get in his car, he fails to notice that BamBam has been waiting for him this entire time. Once Jackson pulls out, BamBam follows him closely behind.