Batsh!t Blind

Cotton Candy

Seulgi can’t really say she’s blind because she’s not….but she’s close to it. Joy calls it being bat blind.

 

There was this one time where she didn’t see the big pole while she was walking and it was too late when she realized it. Joy had to send her to the clinic because her head was bleeding. In her defense, the pole was the same color as the wall and it blended perfectly.

 

And then there’s this one time she fell in a manhole because she didn’t see the warning signages. She had to wait for an hour before someone had pulled her out of it. In her defense(once again), the signages weren’t large enough!

 

Then there’s this one time----- okay, okay, you get it, she has been in accident way too many times for her or her friend’s liking. She had just bumped her head on the cupboard when her friend entered her home.

 

“You have got to go to the optometrist, unnie! How many times should you bump your head to realize that!” Joy shouted, quickly getting the first aid kit and tending to Seulgi’s already swollen forehead. The bear rolled her eyes.

 

“I’m not blind yet!”

 

“So, you’re just gonna wait till you turn blind for you to go to the optometrist?!”

 

“I DON’T WANT TO WEAR GLASSES!”

 

“AT THIS POINT, UNNIE, YOU PROBABLY NEED LASIK SURGERY!” Seulgi’s small eyes turned into saucers.

 

“I DONT WANT TO GET SURGERY!!!!!”

 

“THEN GO TO THE OPTOMETRIST!”

 

“NOOOOOO!!”

 

“Too late, I already booked you an appointment!”

 

“WHAT?! WHEN?!”

 

“Now~” and Joy had pulled her out of her house and into the younger one’s car, all the while shaking and struggling to get away.

 


 

It was a funny scene in the optometrist’s clinic. Joy didn’t give Seulgi time to change out of her pajamas, so now here she is, wearing an oversized orange t-shirt and a pajama with bear prints on it partnered with bear slippers. She growled at her friend.

 

“You could’ve at least let me changed!” She whispered-growled and Joy rolled her eyes.

 

“You would’ve escaped through the window and hurt yourself some more!”

 

“I will not!” The younger one rolled her eyes again before flashing a breath stopping smile at the attendant in front of them.


“I maybe be blind but I know you so well that I think the reason you suddenly brought me here is because you like that attendant.” Seulgi whispered, squinting her tiny eyes at Joy.

 

“You are not mistaken, unnie~” The younger one smiled with a twinkle in her eyes.

 

“Ms. Kang Seulgi, the doctor will see you now.” The attendant announced and Seulgi stood up, grumbling some threats under her breath before flashing a smile in the attendant’s direction and squinting her eyes to see the name tag.

 

“Thanks, uhh, Icing” she smiled once again before entering the door. The attendant scrunched her eyebrows before looking at Joy.

 

“Icing? Her eyesight is that bad?” And Joy laughed.

 

“Yes~ I had to drag her here so that we could get it checked. Hahaha. I’ll make sure to tell her that your name is Irene not Icing~” and it was Irene’s turn to laugh, eyes turning into crescents and her hand automatically on , masking her laughter. Joy beamed at the beautiful sight and she had internall promised herself that by the end of the day, she'll have this girl's number.

 


 

Inside, Seulgi had quickly sat down in front of the doctor’s table, squinting her eyes to see the nameplate.

 

“Hello, how may I help you?” The doctor asked and the bear had quickly felt at ease, looking at the blurry but beautiful (yes, she can tell) face of the optometrist.

 

“Hello, Doctor Wandy.” Seulgi grinned proudly and the doctor blinked.

 

“Alright…..? Let me just…” There was some scuffling from the desk as the lights dimmed and the projector suddenly ,spelling letters on the walls. “Can you read me the lines?”

 

 

“Sure, Doc~” and she started, “so the top one is obvi an E, then an F and a P…” the doctor smiled.

 

“Okay, how about the letters from beneath them?”

 

“Hmm, there’s L, F, P, D, then P,D,O,F,P… Then D,D,T,C, E,P…? Then underneath them are all periods… Or is it polka dots?” Seulgi finished and she heard doctor Wandy giggle which made her giggle in turn.

 

“Okay Miss, Seulgi-”

 

“Please, Doc Wandy, call me Seul~”

 

“Alright, Seul, I’ll be straight with you--”

 

“Oh you’re straight? Dang, I thought I could ask you out on a date--” Wandy coughed, cheeks burning red.

 

“I-I-i just meant I’ll tell you forwardly what I observed.”

 

“So, you’re not straight?” There was silence between them as Wandy stared at Seulgi, gaying--I meant, gauging, the seriousness of it all.

 

“I-i’m not… but that’s not important--”

 

“It is to me!”

 

“Your eyesight is much more important.”

 

“If I’d known that the optometrist will be this jaw droppingly cute, I would’ve made the appointment myself.”

 

“..... You didn’t make this appointment…?”

 

“My friend, who btw, is probably making a move on your attendant, Icing, has dragged me earlier here. Hence the pajamas….. And who even names their kid, Icing?”


 

Wandy blinked before letting out a laughter that made poor little bear confused but smiling nonetheless. She stood up and pulled a drawer filled with circular glasses, gently lifting two and placing it on the metal eyeglass shaped thing.

 

“Try this on~” she handed it to Seulgi as she half sat on her table, staring fondly at her bear patient. “How’s it?” The taller one looked up at her and she can see how slowly the bear’s eyes got comically wide before looking away and taking off the glasses. She cocked her head to the side, “What? Is something wrong with it?”

 

“Uhm, uhm, I don’t think I want glasses.”

 

“Oh, contact lenses then? We can order that but you have to tell me if the lens I just let you try now wor-”

 

“No, I don’t want anything--”

 

“Eh? why?”

 

“If I see clearly…. And you said yes to go on a date with me--”

 

“Y-you haven’t even asked me yet!--”

 

“I don’t think I’ll be able to handle your beauty because holy , you’re so gorgeous words can’t even describe it.” Wandy blushed, not knowing what to say to this cute patient of hers.

 

“I mean, at least with me being bat blind, I can gaze at your perfection without having the need to look away because your beauty is so blinding..” Wandy's face can be mistaken for a tomato now.

 

“.............How about……. I say yes to go on a date with you but you have to wear glasses and look at me always because you’re really cute and adorable and I swear if you don’t look at me I will kiss you.”The smaller one rambled.

 

“What?”

 

“What”

 

“You just said you’ll kiss me..”

 

“Only if you wear glasses!”

 

“But--”

 

“I’m guessing the lenses I gave you earlier is the perfect fit?” Wandy asked, going back behind her desk and starting to write before tearing the paper off and handing it to Seulgi, “If you give this to Irene, she’ll order the glasses and lenses for you, and you can get them tomorrow~”

 

“Then we can go on a date?”

 

“....yes..”

 

“And you will kiss me?”

 

“... If you look at me while we’re on our date..”

 

“Alright, Wandy!~ I got it~” Seulgi stood up, grinning widely at the doctor.

 

“It’s Wendy, not Wandy.” And the bear’s eyes became large once again as she murmured an ‘oh’ under her breath. Wendy giggled at the cute sight and Seulgi grinned.

 

“See you tomorrow, Wendy~” she waved a goodbye and has her hand on the doorknob when she stopped and turned her head to look back at the doctor.

 

“Hm?” Wendy asked, still smiling at Seulgi.

 

“Who’s Irene?” And just like that, Wendy bursts out into laughter thinking that yes, this girl, Seulgi, will be a fine date tomorrow.