Satan's Devils

Cotton Candy

Joy really can’t believe how her friend became part of Satan’s devils. She deduced that someone from up above had made a mistake sending this bear like girl to work with the purest evil himself when said girl can’t even make the baby demons cry.

 

“Look at that dumbdumb” one of the devils snickered, pointing at the bear who was shaking with giddiness from the human assignment. Joy cleared and glared at the two devils.

 

“Yah! What did I say about talking about that dummy?!”

 

“J-joy! we didn’t know you were there!” they look taken aback at the appearance of the tall girl as they stuttered in fear. After all, she is the Joy, a devil that is almost Satan-tier—despite her oh-so happy name.

 

“Stop talking and before I fire you into the boss’s chamber!” She threatened and the two devils had quickly scrambled as far away as they can. She sighed, trying to die down the literal fire in her eyes, she doesn’t want to admit it and you can throw her to the heavens but she will NEVER say out loud that she has a devilly spot when it comes to the stupid bear.

 

“Joy! Joy! I got a human!!!~~” the bear called out from behind her, jumping up and down excitedly with her hands holding the small folder of the information of her first human assignment.

 

“Let me see and stop jumping, you look like an idiot, Seulgi.” she grabbed the folder to a now grinning bear—the insult obviously going over her head. “Hmmmm” she pulled up her own job folder and examined both, “seems like your human and my human are friends.”

 

“Really?!!” The older one exclaimed, eyes crinkling and smile getting wider every minute, excitement evident in her already shaking body.

 

“Yeah”

 

“Yay! I can’t believe I’m partnered up with my best friend!” Joy coughed and choked on air from the shock. Since when did they become best friends? Devils don’t even have best friends! She looked at Seulgi incredulously, thinking if the dumb devil really belongs in hell.


 


 

Wendy Son. That’s the name of the human that Seulgi has and Joy had this feeling that the dumb devil might be having feelings for this certain small creature.

 

The first time they had met their humans, they were pretending to be college students—part of persuading the humans to do evil deeds. Nothing too big, for now.

 

“Are you sure they’re going here-- Oh wait, I see them!” Seulgi whispered excitedly which made the other devil roll her eyes.

 

“Can you like, chill out? We don’t want to be too obvious now, do we?”

 

“Ah~ You’re right~ okay okay okay, I’m gonna pretend to drink this...juice?” Joy rolled her eyes once again, leaning back on her chair and crossing her legs. She looked around the cafe they were in, students were quickly filling up the tables, excited for the first day of the semester. Their humans had ordered their drinks and had looked around in pursuit of a table themselves. She heard a small gasp leave Seulgi’s mouth and had quickly turned her eyes to see what caused it.

 

“Oh.” the bear murmured, eyes fixed on her human. Joy tilted her head in question but before she could even asked, Seulgi’s face broke out into a smile.

 

“H-hi~” Joy looked up and saw her own human smiling nervously.

 

“Hello~”

 

“Uhmm… can we share this table…? There’s really no space left inside and well.. It started to rain so we can’t get out too..”

 

“Sure, go ahead~” Joy answered, pulling the seat beside her, “sit sit~” Her human let out a sigh of relief as she motioned for Wendy--who was holding their drinks-- to come on over.

 

“I’m Yeri by the way~”

 

“Hi Yeri~ I’m Joy and my friend over there is Seulgi~”

 

“Hi Yeri~” Seulgi waved as the other human had finally approached them, smiling shyly before taking the seat beside Seulgi.

 

“Sorry for intruding” she began, “My name’s Wendy~”

 

“I kno--” Seulgi grimaced, holding on her shin that Joy had just kicked from underneath the table. Wendy looked at the bear devil worriedly.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“Yeah, Slug here is just real clumsy sometimes~ I’m Joy by the way~ I’m taking up fashion design.”

 

“Really?!” Yeri gasped, “I’m taking up fashion design too! Omg! What class are you in?”

 

“Block R, you?” she asked, knowing full well the answer to her own question.

 

“SAME!”

 

“How about you, uhmm..” Wendy bit her lip.

 

“Seulgi~ My name’s Seulgi. I’m taking up music history.” A shock but happy look came out of the younger girl.

 

“Me too! What class are you in?”

 

“Class….” she looked at her registration form and Joy can’t help but actually scoff because this dumb devil actually forgot what class she’s even in. “V!” Seulgi exclaimed, grinning happily.

 

“Same!!”

 

“What are the odds, right?” Yeri exclaimed, happy at the coincidence that she met and already found a friend in someone before classes even start.

 

The four of them chatted for some time, finding out more about each other and thinking about possible future projects and hang-outs. Joy noticed how the other devil had listened attentively and seemed genuinely interested about what the two humans are saying--like she really wants to be friends with them. She shook her head at the thought and reckon that the other girl is just acting to seem more human like. Her further thoughts were interrupted when another girl stopped by their table, looking quite shy and timid.

 

“E-excuse me, is this seat taken?” the girl blushed madly when all eyes focused on her.

 

“Nope! Are you with someone?” the youngest asked, grinning widely. The girl shook her head and Yeri had continued, “Great! You can sit with us if you like!”

 

“A-a-are you sure?”

 

“Of course! Right, Seul?” Wendy remarked and Seulgi nodded in agreement which earned a raise of the eyebrow from Joy.

 

“Take a seat...” The taller devil paused, finally looking at the other girl which to her surprise was so beautiful that she puts Satan’s face to shame.

 

“Irene.” the girl smiled before sitting down.

 



The second time that Joy had an inkling was around a month after they had started their ‘college life’. Joy had easily persuaded Yeri (it wasn’t that hard) to cut classes most days and the two usually hang out at the arcade in the mall near their uni. Yeri’s really not that worried about her classes especially since that Irene girl helps her with what they’ve missed.

 

“Seul, you going with us?” Joy asked, Yeri already packed and looking at them expectantly as Irene shook her head in disapproval.

 

“Wen, let’s go with them, please~~ I wanna play that arcade that Joy keeps talking about~” the bear worked her puppy eyes and it seemed like it was working for a sec before Wendy looked away.

 

“You go on ahead. I’ll take notes for you.” Seulgi looked at Wendy then back at Joy before she sighed quietly and sat back down, earning her a glare from the taller devil.

 

“Unnie, you going or what?” Yeri tapped the bear who just shook her head. The youngest shrugged.

 

“Let’s just stay too, unnie”

 

“What? You don’t want to play racing anymore?”

 

“Nah, let’s stay for a while.” Joy swore she saw Irene’s lips quirk up at that. She huffed and plopped down beside Yeri while glaring at Seulgi.

 

Joy had pulled Seulgi aside after class and began scolding the other devil if she even really wanted to influence her human evilly because she doesn’t seem to be doing a very good job.

 

“....vil ploy to--ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?” Joy whispered-shouted after she noticed that the older one was not listening and in fact glaring at someone else. She followed the line of vision and noticed Wendy talking to some person and laughing.

 

“Legally I can’t kill him but maybe...” Seulgi whispered and Joy, for the first time in her evil career, had noticed literal fire in the older one’s eyes.

 

“Huh…”

 

“Hey, Wendy!” Seulgi called out, pushing Joy aside and the latter had watched the way that the bear demon had not-so-lightly shoved the person Wendy was talking to and pulling the little one to start walking because ‘come on, Wannie~ Let’s go study at that coffee shop you love~ My treat!’

 

It continued on for the rest of the day, Irene had convinced her and Yeri to join the other two with their study session and even though Joy had some other demony idea she wants to influence Yeri on, she had, out of curiosity, accepted to study with the other four. But of course not without adding some fun whining into it.

 

“But isn’t it like this??? Ughhh”

 

“Joy, stop whining, here’s your red velvet milkshake” Irene mumbled, placing the yummy drink in front of the demon gently which caught the taller one off guard.

 

“But---”

 

“Irene’s right. We better catch up with our classes or we’ll fail!” Yeri grumbled, actively taking notes from the lessons they were just taught. Joy was about to retaliate again but heard Seulgi talking.

 

“Wannie~~ You wanna get ice cream with me after?”

 

“Sorry, Seul… Remember Peter? I promised I’d help him with his notes.” Wendy smiled apologetically.

 

“I’ll lend him my notes so that you don’t have to help him and we can eat ice cream!” The smaller one laughed at this.

 

“No offence Seul, you need your notes more than Peter needs them~”

 

“Then we can share your notes~”

 

“Hmm… But I did promise Peter that I’d help him...” Joy had noticed the literal fire in Seulgi’s eyes again and Seulgi had looked straight at her and for once, Joy was actually scared.


 


 

The third time that Joy reckoned that Seulgi actually has a crush on Wendy was just a few weeks after. She was dragged by the other devil way more times than she would’ve liked and had cajoled her into pulling little devilish pranks on the not-so-poor human.

 

“Okay Joy, pull the string on three okay?” Seulgi instructed through the phone, looking at Joy who was on the other side of the street. “One….Two…”

 

“And what do you think you’re doing?”

 

“Oh! Wendy! We were just--”

 

“Are you the one pulling pranks on Peter that made him go into little accidents?” Wendy raised her eyebrows and Joy can hear the other devil gulp.

 

“...maybeeee...”

 

“Seul! I can’t believe you! What were you thinking? Do you want to go to jail?! Or worse” the smaller one paused before continuing with a glare “expelled?!”

 

“N-No, of course not!”

 

“Then pray tell what you think you’re doing?”

 

“...playing with...Joy…?”

 

Wendy glared, “Right. If you won’t tell me the truth AND stop torturing Peter then maybe we should stop hanging out.” then walked away. Seulgi’s eyes went wide, dropped the other end of the rope she was holding before running to follow Wendy with a pleading face.

 

A few days have passed and Seulgi had been more devastated than Joy had ever seen her. The devil’s human had been ignoring and giving the older one the coldest of coldest of shoulder that even Satan himself would freeze up.

 

Seulgi shoved her school things into her bag and hurriedly followed her human looking like a kicked bear which would’ve been much better in Joy’s opinion.

 

“I wonder how long they’re going to have their little lovers quarrel” Irene mumbled, holding out her book bag which Joy had gotten (it’s been somewhat a thing going on between them). “Let’s go?”

 

“Okay”

 

“We go at the cafe?” Yeri asked, falling in step between the two who hummed in response.

 

The three of them sat down at the table where Seulgi was looking down and Wendy reading a book, pretending that the other doesn’t exist.

 

“Wannie, c’mon~ Talk to me, please.” the devil whispered, eyes glistening already and Joy would’ve wanted to kick her because ‘devils don’t cry you dumbdumb!’ But it’s as if someone had read her mind because Irene had placed her hand on top of hers and subtly shook her head, eyes not leaving the book she was reading.

 

“...........”

 

“Pleaseeeee, Wan~ I’m not even pranking Peter anymore!!! I don’t even want to see hi-”

 

“Hi Wendy, you ready?” Peter suddenly appeared and everyone at the table stopped and looked.

 

“Oh? Was our study thing today?” Wendy smiled softly.

 

“Well it’s till later but… I thought you might want to have something to eat first?” Peter asked hopefully and Wendy looked a bit taken aback. Seulgi reached out and touched Wendy’s wrist in an attempt to stop her from agreeing but Wendy just shook the older one’s hand away and nodded at Peter before standing up and walking away leaving Seulgi with tearful eyes.

 

“Wannie...” Seulgi whispered, standing beside Wendy’s room door. She’s been waiting for quite some time now and it’s half past nine when the younger one finally appeared, looking tired but more so shocked at Seulgi’s presence.

 

“What are you doing here?” Wendy mumbled, opening her dorm door.

 

“I just wanted to say I’m sorry”

 

“For what? You should say sorry to Peter” Seulgi’s eyes flamed before it died down into sadness.

 

“Okay.”

 

“.......”

 

“.....you and him are going out, I guess..”

 

“Why do you care?” Wendy finally looked at her, eyes challenging and it seemed to snap something from Seulgi as her eyes started to water.

 

“Of course I care, Wendy! I cARE A LOT ABOUT YOU AND I DONT EVEN KNOW WHY I JUST WANT TO SPEND MORE TIME WITH YOU AND EVEN GO TO THAT RACING THING THAT YERI LIKES SO MUCH AND ALWAYS BE BESIDE YOU AND STUFF THIS IS SO CONFUSING JOY SHOULD JUST SEND ME BACK TO HELL OR SOMETHING BECAUSE IT’S ILLEGAL FOR YOU TO LOOK SO PRETTY LIKE THIS AND IM SUPPOSED TO BE SAD AND MAD ABOUT YOU DATING THAT GUY BUT IM MORE HURT THAN ANYTH---” Seulgi’s rant was cut off mid-way as lips crashed into her tear-stained face.

 

“I like you too.” Wendy whispered as she wiped the tears that kept on streaming down the older one’s eyes. “Now, stop crying.”

 

“I can’t!!”

 

“What- WHy??!!”

 

“I’M JUST SO HAPPY” Seulgi cried some more into Wendy’s arms as the latter ushered her inside her dorm. Joy who had witnessed everything being just one dorm apart from Wendy had been dumbstruck at that.

 

“Huh.” She whispered.

 

“Wendy really can make the devil cry.” Irene, who also witnessed the little scene, grinned beside her and Joy grew more dumbstruck at that.

 

“Wha- WHAAAHHHH” Joy shouted as white feathery wings engulfed her and Irene’s lovely giggles filled the room.



A/N: I started this last year and finished it this year w o w. But at least I'm finally able to post it! 

WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT, two one shots in less than 3 days, i might be going crazy!