Drowning

Cotton Candy

Wendy sees her and she can compare her to a rainstorm flooding into her heart. She’s reckless with how she moves and acts and Wendy should be running but she knows that she wouldn’t get far nor would she probably move from her place.

 

“I would like Wendy to be my boyfriend if she were a guy.” Seulgi answered the interviewer as she gave the shocked but blushing Wendy a playful wink. The interviewer laughed and teased Wendy a bit before announcing that it was  the end of the interview. The five girls stood up and thanked the writer and the crew for a job well done for this interview and photoshoot and Irene had helped their two maknaes with their things and the three had left to go to the van first.

 

Wendy had quietly and quickly followed suit, heart fluttering with her mind still not being able to cope with the fact that the bear had just picked her as answer to that stupid question. She had entered the van with Seulgi just a few seconds behind. The bear had sat happily beside the hamster who’s trying her best to give her attention to everything that is not Seulgi.

 

The ride back to their dorm was quiet with everyone being tired with the whole day of shooting; the leader and the two maknaes had fallen asleep and Wendy was too busy in her own world to notice Seulgi’s face inching closer to her ears. She was startled when the latter had suddenly whispered,

 

“I would love for you to also be my girlfriend.” before pulling back and grinning at her with those eyes turning into her favorite crescent shapes. Wendy’s heart feels like it would go out of her chest soon and her tummy would fly away with all the butterflies she’s feeling.

 


 


 

 

 

Seulgi has got Wendy enraptured in her cute bear fingers and she doesn’t even know it. The bear is standing in front of Wendy with her back facing the latter and the hamster had to control the urge to touch the softness that is Kang Seulgi, instead her mind had wandered off into fantasy mode again and it was their leader who brought her back to her senses.

 

“You’re dozing off again, Wendy~” Irene said, smiling teasingly at the fluffy hamster.

 

“Sorry, unnie~” Wendy mumbled, blushing at being caught. Her eyes wandered to the bear in front of her who was now gazing intensely at her eyes. Wendy shivered and looked away, blushing even more as they began their performance on stage.

 

“Are you thirsty, unnie?” Yeri asked the bear as she was about to get some water backstage. They had just finished their performance and they were tired but energized because of the loud fanchants they had received. Before Seulgi could even answer, Wendy had already handed her half-drank water bottle towards the bear and the latter had smiled cutely before accepting.

 

“Here’s your towel, unnie.” Joy handed an orange towel to Seulgi and the latter had thanked their once maknae as she patted her neck and face with it.

 

“You missed a spot...” Wendy mumbled, blue towel already in Seulgi’s neck, patting the ‘missed’ spot. Seulgi smiled and placed her hands on Wendy’s waist, gently and subtly pulling the girl closer, before whispering just low enough for Wendy to hear,

 

“Thanks Wan~” and Seungwan has never liked the sound of her nickname more than in that moment.

 

 




 

Sometimes Wendy forgets to remind herself that falling in love with Seulgi is a bad idea because it will lead to drowning...but here she is, being pulled to the side by none other than the bear, their hands intertwined and Wendy’s heart feels like it’s about to burst from all the beating it’s doing.

 

“Wan, this is for you~ I saw it earlier and it reminded me of you~” Seulgi grinned, her eyes turning into crescent shapes as she handed a bouquet of blue flowers to the out of breath Wendy.

 

“T-thanks. You didn’t have t-to!” She mumbled, eyes looking lovingly at the beautiful flowers. Seulgi looked at her with confusion written all over her face.

 

“What do you mean I didn’t have to? Of course, I needed to buy it for you because I love you~” the bear smiled as she caressed Wendy’s face before mumbling “so soft” that made the hamster almost have a heart attack.

 

“Y-you should’ve bought one for the other girls t-too...” Wendy mumbled, eyes casting down once again at the flowers. Seulgi’s hands went from Wendy’s face down to her love’s arms and finally linking their hands together before cocking her head cutely to the side.

 

“Would you like me to do that?” she asked.

 

“....................”

 

“If you want, I could give them flowers too. I just--”

 

“No” Wendy whispered.

 

“What?” Wendy shook her head while pouting and Seulgi smiled.

 

“Don’t give them flowers if you don’t wanna~”

 

“I would give them flowers if you want me to.” Wendy looked up at Seulgi.

 

“Why?”

 

“Like I said, I love you~ If giving flowers to Irene unnie, Joy, and Yeri will make you happy then I’ll do it~” the bear smiled and Seungwan’s heart feels like it’s doing a marathon. “But to be honest, flowers, chocolates, and seulgibear are all reserved for you.” Seulgi finished as she laughed at Wendy’s cringing face. “Too cheesy?” the hamster nodded.

 

“Only for you, Wan~” Finished Seulgi.

 

 




 

Wendy can wait for Seulgi patiently till God knows how long. Because Seulgi is precious to her. Seulgi shines brighter than any stars out there. Seulgi’s smile sends sparks flying through her heart. Seulgi’s warm brown orbs gets Wendy wanting to melt into a puddle but at the same time this orbs haunt her in her dreams. But Wendy doesn’t care.

 

“Here.” Seulgi handed Wendy her coat as they exited the theatre. The bear had asked her earlier to watch a movie by the cinema near them and Seulgi didn’t have to ask twice for Wendy to agree.

 

“Thanks~”

 

“No problem. Do you want to buy something else before we walk back to the dorm?” Seulgi asked as she helped Wendy close her coat. It was getting dark and the wind is also getting colder. Wendy shook her head.

 

“We ate a ton of popcorn already, I don’t even think we’ll be able to eat dinner later!”she exclaimed and Seulgi laughed at the different expressions that passed through the younger one’s face.

 

“So cute~~” she said, caressing Wan’s cheeks which made the latter’s face turn red.

 

“L-let’s just go.” Seulgi smiled some more and nodded her head before she intertwined her fingers with Wendy’s and pulling the latter to start walking back to their dorm. They were surrounded by comfortable silence during their walk until the bear suddenly stopped in her tracks. Wendy looked at Seulgi curiously.

 

“Is something wrong?”

 

“Let’s go there~” Seulgi grinned as she pointed to the park on the other side of the street. Wendy smiled and shook her head cutely, amused at the bear’s sudden request. They quickly crossed the street and Seulgi giddily pulled Wendy to sit by the swings who was laughing at the bear’s childishness. They sat beside each other on the swing and had a moment of just gazing into one another’’s eyes before Wendy cleared and looked away, face and ears turning bright red, missing Seulgi’s quiet chuckle. She swore she’ll probably turn into a tomato soon with the way she always blushes around her stupid bear. She was just about to mentally scold herself when Seulgi suddenly spoke up,

 

“Hey Wan~ Can I ask you a question?” Wendy looked back at her bear with a curious look.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Irene unnie often comments about you suddenly dozing off and daydreaming...”


“......yeah…..”

 

“May I ask what it is that’s been occupying your mind lately? I’m just a bit worried, it’s not like you to be the one dozing off, that should be my job.” Seulgi chuckled. Wendy looked shocked at the question.

 

“Since when are you so observant?”

 

“I’m always observant when it comes to my Wandy~~ Like how one of your eyes close when you laugh, and that cute little nose scrunching you do that I really adore so much~” Wendy groaned and covered her face with her palms, hiding the oncoming redness on her face. Seulgi chuckled and reached over to pat her love’s her. “So tell me? What is bothering you?” Wendy sighed.

 

“You.”

 

“Excuse me?”

 

“You’ve been occupying my mind. Like always. 24/7! It’s like you’re the only thing I can think about! All those scenarios in my head either made up or the real thing that happened, it’s always been about you.” Wendy rambled, her whole face turning bright red.

 

“..............”

 

“..................”

 

“..........oh...” Just then, droplets of rain started to pour and Wendy was so shy that she sighed once again to release some of her feelings before standing up.

 

“.....let’s go home.”  Wendy took a few steps forwards when she was suddenly pulled back into a hug. The rain started to pour a bit heavily, the two of them slowly getting drenched. Seulgi nuzzled her head behind Seungwan’s ears and hummed a bit.

 

“Wandyyyy~~”

 

“S-Seul, it’s raining! Let’s go back before we get sick.”

 

“Waaaannndddyyyyyyyy~~”

 

“W-what?” Seulgi chuckled before facing the still embarrassed hamster and grinning.

 

“I love you~” and then Wendy’s fantasies came true when she finally felt her precious love’s lips touched hers in a sweet kiss. There and then she’s confident that if it’s Seulgi, she’ll gladly drown.