Bald

Cotton Candy

It was loud in Joy’s garage as instruments were hit and strummed and vocals were screaming. Well one vocal was screaming and it’s not because they’re practicing some metal song--heck they don’t even play metal to begin with. No, this one vocal was shouting at one of their band mate in frustration.


 

“YOU’RE PLAYING TOO LOUD! THIS PART IS NOT A DRUM SOLO!! THERE’S NO DRUM SOLO TO EVEN BEGIN WITH!!!!!” the lead guitarist and the usually cute bear in the group, Kang Seulgi, shouted, flinging her arms in the air from annoyance.


 

“.........” their drummer, Son Wendy, looked the bear straight in the eye as she purposely banged the drums more harder, immediately pissing Seulgi off who was already gritting her teeth.


 

“Seul, c’mon relax, why don’t we take five and grab some drinks for everyone?” Krystal, their bass guitarist, had patted the bear’s back in comfort whereas Wendy has just played much much harder, still having that intense eye contact with their guitarist. Joy groaned, placing the mic down and walking towards Wendy who was now glaring at Seulgi and Krystal’s retreating back.


 

“When will you stop pissing Seulgi off and have at least one peaceful band practice?”


 

“I can’t help it. She’s just so easy~” Wendy grinned, placing her drum sticks to the side. Joy rolled her eyes.


 

“I thought you two are okay now? I mean, you did audition to be part of this band together after being in rival bands for three years.” Their pianist, Bae Irene, commented while still tapping on her piano, “I think this key is off….I should ask Seohyun to look at it.”


Look. We didn’t go to the audition together. We just coincidentally went here after our own bands disbanded and fell in bed with each other. Those disgusting ers.” the smallest cursed, face scrunched in revulsion.

 

“Oh, talking about yourself now, are you?” Seulgi let out a dramatic sigh before looking at Krystal, “this disgusting er is so full of herself. I don’t know how her loser ex-bandmates ever had the patience for her.” She finished, handing out some cider to everyone and a milktea for Wendy, mumbling a ‘here you go, health freak’ to the younger one.

 

Loser? As far as I can remember, my group took home the golden trophy whereas your group named Rogue took, oh yeah, a tiny tiny silver trophy that’s not even worth anything, you second place .” Wendy sipped her milk tea with her pinky finger up in the air.


 

“It’s Rogue Cut! Definitely a better band name than Prissy Sissys.” Seulgi scoffed.


 

“It’s Prism Sisters you dimwit.”


 

“I see no difference. It’s both lame.”


 

“This coming from a ” and just like that, the two started bickering again. Their bandmates sighed, yet another perfect band practice turned into an argument session.



 




 

It was a week later and Joy has been hitting her head repeatedly with her microphone shaped pillow, cursing and groaning at the same time, for a whole hour now while her girlfriend, Yeri, watched on with an amused expression.


 

“So, tell me again what happened earlier?” Yeri asked, trying hard to not smile at her cute girlfriend who just gave her the cutest--deadliest--glare ever.


 

“Weren’t you listening?


 

“Hmmm, I blocked it out after your third ‘THOSE MOTHERFCKERS’ which is basically like after your first sentence.”


 

“You are the. WORST. Girlfriend. Ever.”


 

“I try my best. So tell me~ And lessen your use of profanities this time, you pedo.” Joy’s eyes widened at the term.

 

“YOU’RE ONLY YOUNGER THAN ME BY THREE YEARS!!!”


 

“I’m still underaged.”


 

“YOU WERE THE ONE WHO SEDUCED ME, YOU MINX!!!”


 

“It’s not like you didn’t like it~ Now tell me~~” Yeri grinned, ducking to the side as Joy threw her mic pillow at her before huffing.


 

“FINE. Shut up and listen this time.” the younger one nodded her head, moving closer to Joy and giving the latter a quick peck on the lips. Joy smirked before continuing, “So it was actually a really nice day. The girls were on time and everything was peaceful. We were laughing and getting along--”


 

“Even Wendy and Seulgi?”


 

“Yes! Wendy even helped Seulgi with tuning her guitar!”


 

“So what happened for you to be cursing and groaning in irritation?” Joy rolled her eyes, letting out a frustrated sigh before continuing.


 

“We were practicing our second set when one of Wendy’s drumsticks suddenly hit Seulgi on the back of her head and then before I knew it, there was a barrage of ‘WHAT THE , WENDY?!’ ‘YOU DID IT ON PURPOSE!’ ‘YOU SISSY PRISSY! ’coming from Seulgi’s mouth!”


 

“Didn’t Wendy apologize for that?”


 

“She did! But she lost it after Seulgi called her Sissy Prissy and then there were more shouting of ‘ROGUE ’ ‘STUPID BEAR’ ‘ YOU AND EVERYTHING YOU BELIEVE IN’ and then the other half of Wendy’s drumstick flying towards Seulgi’s head before Wendy walked out in irritation followed by Seulgi who was shouting, ‘YOU DARE THROW YOUR DRUMSTICK AT ME THE SECOND TIME?!’ ‘YOU COME BACK HERE YOU TINY SMALL PIECE OF SISSY!’ ‘STUPID WANDYYYYYYYYYYY!!!’ and they left us! IN THE MIDDLE OF OUR PRACTICE!!! UGHHHHHHHH” more groaning and curses came out from Joy before Yeri spoke up in a calm tone.


 

“Those two definitely has the hots for each other.”


 

“What the , Yer? Weren’t you listening? They were about to kill each other earlier!!!! I wouldn’t be surprised if we find dead bodies in a ditch tomorrow!” Yeri pats her cheek.


 

“Oh, hon, you are dumb.”


 

“HEY!!!”



 




 

Joy, Irene, and Krystal sighed at the same time, sitting at the park bench along with their instruments in a bag, watching and waiting for their two other bandmates to finish arguing with each other.


 

“Hold still you dumb gangly tadpole!” Wendy pulled on Seulgi’s guitar case as she tried fixing the girl’s makeup.


 

“I am holding still! You’re the one pulling me here and there!” the taller one retaliated and Wendy smirked before pinching Seulgi’s cheeks. Hard. Making the latter scream in pain and glare at her while rubbing her reddened cheeks. “WHAT THE WAS THAT FOR YOU EVIL NO EYEBROWS WITCH?!”


 

“Blush on. Duh. Now let’s go~” Wendy grinned, motioning for Joy and the others and to start walking. They were going to their first battle of the bands. This is the reason they were practicing hard for the last couple of months and Joy’s getting giddy as they stopped in front of ‘Poosie Nansie’s Bar’ where the competition will be held. They went in and was immediately ushered backstage where their competitors were already at. Yeri had just texted her saying that she was already outside with Seohyun and Krystal’s sister, Jessica. She smiled, looking up at her bandmates who were making sure all their instruments were in tune while Wendy and Seulgi were whispering at each other, looking like they were arguing over something. She rolled her eyes. Typical of those two.


 

“Wendy? Wendy!” someone pushed out from the other crowd of band people and Joy had swore she saw Seulgi pull on Wendy’s hands before the latter whispered something to the older one. “Wendy, it’s me Eric! How are you?” the stranger--Eric, asked in english. Joy, Irene, and Krystal looked at each other in question before looking at Seulgi who was hanging her guitar strap on her body before looking at them and mouthing ‘Ex’ with a hint of distaste.


 

“Eric! Hi! I’m good. What are you doing here? Are you also competing?” Wendy asked, eyes wide in question. Eric chuckled, ruffling Wendy’s hair affectionately before nodding his head.


 

“You haven’t changed at all~ You’re still cute!” Wendy rolled her eyes at that before swatting Eric’s hands away which made the latter chuckle some more, “Yeah, we’re also here to compete. You better watch out! We’ve practiced hard for this~”


 

“So did we! You better watch out. We’re going to beat your down.” Eric just chuckled some more, eyes twinkling in fondness as he looked at Wendy before his eyes widened in shock.


 

“OUCH!!” Seulgi had accidentally hit Eric on the with her guitar as she was walking towards Joy and the others.


 

“Oops. Sorry.” Joy has never heard someone say sorry so insincerely like how Seulgi apologized just now.


 

“Eric! Are you okay? Seulgi, be careful where you’re walking!” Wendy chastised, Seulgi scoffed and rolled her eyes while Eric just grinned.


 

“It’s alright, Wendy, I’m sure you’re friend didn’t mean to do it. It’s quite crowded in here, you know.” Eric explained, grabbing Wendy’s hand  and looking into her eyes to reassure her. Before Joy could even blink, she found herself toppling in between the two ex-lovers, immediately making them split up while she tried to balance herself and not fall face flat on the ground. Once she regained composure, she immediately turned around and glared.


 

“WHO PUSHED ME?” Irene and Krystal looked at her then back at Seulgi then back at her.


 

“We’re up.” Seulgi announced.


 

“I think we perform after you~ Good luck out there, Wendy!” Eric grinned, pulling Wendy into a hug which shock all five girls. Wendy gently pulled away.


 

“Y-yeah, you too, thanks.” she smiled before immediately pulling Joy and walking back to their bandmates and having their last minute fix ups. Irene was practicing the chord movement on her piano, Krystal was adjusting the tone of her bass guitar, and Joy was doing vocal warm-ups.


 

“Your strap’s twisted.” Wendy mumbled, hands reaching out to fix it.


 

“I can do it.” Seulgi answered, turning away and twisting her guitar strap perfectly.


 

“...oookaaayyyy.” Joy began, getting everyone's attention, “Let’s rock Poosey Nansie’s to the core!” the four girls nodded their heads as they all began to fill up the stage. Irene on the right side with her piano, Wendy at the back with the drums, Krystal on the left side just behind Seulgi, and Joy dead-straight in the center, mic already in place. Wendy gave the cue using her drumsticks and then they were rocking it. Seulgi was shredding on her guitar solo and everyone was screaming and Joy caught Yeri’s eyes and winked at her girlfriend while singing while Irene was playing the piano perfectly and enthusiastically while swaying her hips left and right, Krystal was waving cutely at her sister before going back to playing the bass, and Wendy was playing so perfectly--the way she drummed is just hard enough not to overpower any of them. It was pure completeness.


 

Even after their session, the high was still there, and when they got third place, they have no care and were all smiles and proud of their achievements, and as they were being greeted by their friends-- girlfriend, sister, and potential girlfriend, they were still high enough from happiness that Joy didn’t even get shocked when she saw Wendy hugging Seulgi from excitement. Everyone was congratulating them and they were congratulating the other winners as well.


 

“Wendyyyy!~ Congratulations on winning third place!” Eric suddenly appeared, grinning at the said girl cheerfully.

 

“I feel like you’re mocking me because you won first place” Wendy squinted her eyes playfully before grinning back at Eric.


 

“Of course not! I know your band is just new but being able to win third place is a feat for newbies and you know that!”


 

“I know, I know, I was just kidding with you~” Wendy laughed and Eric laughed with her.


 

“I’m so glad I bumped into you here… You’re still as beautiful as ever.”


 

“Uhm.. t-thanks….”


 

“Pissy Sissy, let’s go.” Seulgi pulled on Wendy’s shirt, as she adjusted the guitar case on her shoulders.


 

“Do..do you really have to go? Do you want to get coffee or tea first?” Eric asked.


 

“She can’t. Wan, let’s go.” the bear answered, eyebrows trying hard not to twitch in irritation.


 

“Sorry, Eric. I can’t. I have to go.”


 

“Oh. Then, I guess I’ll see you around.” Eric pulled her again for an embrace before kissing Wendy. Gasps from the latter’s bandmates and friends were heard before the hamster had pulled away and pushed her ex.


 

“What the ?” Wendy cursed, glaring at Eric.


 

“I--Wendy, I’m--”


 

“Don’t you ever do that again! Stupid son of a .” Wendy turned around, “Let’s go.” Joy and the others gave Eric some glares and middle fingers as they walked behind their friend.

 

“Where’s Seulgi?” Seohyun asked after doing a headcount once they were out of the club. Joy swore she heard Wendy say ‘’ under her breath but thought that she might just be imagining things.


 



 

She feels awkward. They’ve been practicing for an hour now and it was peaceful. There was one time that Wendy had missed a beat and they were sure that Seulgi would be flipping and all of them stopped playing just to be ready for the outburst but nothing came. The bear had just looked at them curiously,


 

“Why’d you guys stop?” she asked.


 

“I missed a beat.” Wendy admitted.


 

“Oh. Let’s try it from the top again.” Seulgi said calmly, not even glancing back at their drummer. And the serenity of their practice continued on until Joy asked for a break when Yeri and Seohyun arrived carrying with them snacks and drinks.


 

“What’s wrong?” Seohyun asked as she noticed the weird look on Irene’s face.


 

“It doesn’t feel right…”


 

“What doesn’t feel right?” Yeri asked. Joy looked around, spotting Seulgi telling Krystal to try playing a different set of chords while munching on a pack of pringles while Wendy sat cross legged on the other side, eyes scrunched up as she wrote down something on the music sheets in her hands.


 

“Listen.” Joy whispered as Seohyun and Yeri stayed quiet for a few seconds. “What do you hear?”


 

“Nothing.” Seohyun answered and Irene’s eyes widened before whisper-shouting,


 

“Exactly!”

 

“I don’t get it?” Yeri scrunched up her face and Seohyun agreed.


 

“It’s too quiet! Usually around this time, Bear and Hamster would be making a ruckus and killing each other but look at them now!” It was Joy’s turn to whisper-shout her observations. “It’s awkward and weird!


 

“Well, isn’t this what you always wanted?”


 

“.....If I’d known the feeling would be like this...”


 

“It seems to me that those two lovers are on a fight.” Joy’s face twisted in disgust.


 

“Okay, first, those two being lovers would be so wrong. I mean, have you seen them fight? Secondly, I’m weirded out at that thought.” Yeri rolled her eyes at her stupid girlfriend.


 

“I’m telling you those two are ing each other--”


 

“Ewwww okay, stop. Let’s not--” The taller one can’t even finish her sentence from the revulsing thought. The day those two get together is the day Joy would go bald. She took a deep breath before continuing, “How can we get them to start fighting again?”


 

“They’ll fix it themselves and we'll help them now~” Seohyun smiled, taking Irene’s hand on her own and pulling the latter.


 

“Hey! WHERE ARE YOU TAKING MY PIANIST?!” Joy shouted, startling the three other girls sitting far away from them.


 

“I’m taking Irene out on a date. She’ll see you tomorrow!~”


 

“PRACTICE ISN’T OVER!!!”


 

“I think it’s over, though. Isn’t Yeri taking you out on a date too? Krystal, your sis is here with your Sulli~” Krystal squealed, immediately bolting up and running outside the garage where her sister and girlfriend were in fact just going out of the car.


 

“OHMYGOD. JOY I’LL SEE YOU TOMORROW!” Joy groaned.


 

“ YOU, YOU ERS! IS WINNING THIRD PLACE GETTING INTO YOUR EMPTY HEADS?!! Y’ALL YOU SONS OF ES! YOU DISGUST M--”


 

“Joy, let’s go to that chicken place you like.”


 

“OKAY! PRACTICE IS OVER! SEE YOU GIRLS TOMORROW, ENJOY! PLEASE LOCK THE GARAGE FOR ME, WILL YOU? THANKS! I LOVE YOU, MOTHERERS!” She was already dragging Yeri halfway out of her garage, leaving the two girls looking at her in bewilderment.


 



 

Joy was all smiles and was extremely happy at their next band practice to say the least. Yeri was shaking her head at the stupid grin her girlfriend was donning.


 

“YOU FORGOT A CHORD YOU !”


 

“WELL YOU FORGOT A BEAT YOU HOE”


 

“THAT WAS LAST PRACTICE, IT WAS IN THE PAST, GOLIATH.”


 

“SO WHAT IF IT WAS, GRUMPY.” A gasp.


 

“DID YOU JUST IMPLY THAT I’M A DWARF?!”


 

“WELL YOU IMPLIED THAT I’M A GIANT!”


 

“YOU COULD’VE AT LEAST MADE ME DOPEY, YOU ER!”


 

“DOPEY’S CUTE WHEREAS YOU’RE NOT!”


 

“ YOU!”


 

“AREN’T YOU ALREADY”


 

“What”

“What”

“What” came three replies at the same time.


 

“I meant, YOU WISH!” Seulgi huffed, grabbing her guitar, “LET’S START FROM THE TOP!”


 

“I thought you liked it in the bottom, Seul.” Wendy whispered low enough just for Seulgi to hear as she walked past her and settled at her drums grinning at the obviously red tips of Seulgi's bear ears. They were about to start when Jessica, Sulli, and Seohyun came in with boxes of pizza and drinks in their hands.


 

“Break time! Food’s here!” Krystal announced, already placing her bass guitar down on one side and walking towards the people carrying said food while everyone followed suit.


 

“Bathroom break.” Seulgi and Wendy said at the same time and Seulgi squinted her eyes at the younger one.


 

“You’re not going to try anything to me, right?” Wendy rolled her eyes.


 

“AS IF, FLATGI.”


 

“SHUT UP, WENGAY!” The two continued firing insults at one another, walking back inside the house to go to the bathroom. Yeri smacked Joy in the head, immediately wiping off the grin that the taller one was donning.


 

“WHAT THE HECK”


 

“You look creepy!” Joy smiled again.


 

“I’m just happy they’re back to normal again!”


 

“Wendy probably gave Seulgi a good fuc--”


 

“SHUT UP THEY ARE NOT DOING IT OKAY! THEY ARE NOT BECAUSE THAT’S WEIRD!!” Yeri sighed.


 

“I’m telling you that those two are together--”


 

“They are not!”


 

“Whatever.” Joy grumbled, munching on her pizza and wondering if her two bandmates been flushed down the toilet by how long they’re taking.



 



 

“I thought you said you won’t do anything to me! You even called me fla--” her sentence was cut off by soft lips and a hand being slipped inside her shirt, her back hitting the bathroom sink.


 

“Shut up. You almost slipped earlier~” Wendy whispered in her ear before biting on her earlobe and kissing down her neck.


 

“My brain forgot that it was supposed to be insulting you.”


 

“Hmmm.. When do you plan to actually tell Joy and the others that we’re actually the first ones in our circle of rival bandmates who fell in bed with each other?” Wendy looked at her lover’s face, eyes mixed with question and adoration. Seulgi gave her a quick peck.


 

“It’s fun teasing her. Did you see how her vein throbbed the other time we were fighting?” Wendy rolled her eyes, chuckling at her crazy girlfriend.


 

“Why did I even agree on this?”


 

“Because you love me and it’s fun?”


 

“Hmmmmmm… true...” Wendy kissed her again, biting and and she reciprocated with much fervor until someone let out a scream of horror from beside them.


 

There, standing by the opened bathroom door was Joy, looking so horrified and holding her hair before screaming “I DON’T WANT TO BE BALD!!!!”


 



 A/N: HEloooooooooooo~ This is for @baejuhyeoned and is also based on her vine 
also Idk what to title this so let's just go with bald, yeah?
yay~ bye~~