Delivery

Cotton Candy

To be really honest, it wasn’t her fault. If someone is at fault, it was her cousin’s, Tiffany. Yes, Tiffany unnie is to blame because now she has 20 boxes of pizzas in front of her, a quarter of it almost on the brink of being alive and starting to walk on its own. She sighed. This is like the 10th day she ordered pizza since the last time she’d been in her cousin’s presence.

 

It all started a week ago, when her cousin was craving for american food and had bothered her till she called some shop that catered what she wanted.

 

“Just pleaseeeeee Wendy, pleaasssseeeeee~~ I’m dying hereeeeee~” Tiffany groaned, plopping on Wendy’s bed and even placing her head on top of Wendy’s open laptop. Wendy rolled her eyes.

 

“Fine! Fine! Just get your big head away from my laptop, unnie.” Wendy mumbled, reaching out to her bedside table for her phone and quickly dialling while Tiffany makes kissy faces at her. She rolled her eyes once again,

 

“Yes hello, ReVel’s pizza? Yes, I would like to order 1--” Tiffany looked at her in panic as she showed three fingers at Wendy, “--three medium---” Tiffany shook her head before mouthing ‘family size’ and Wendy swore Tiffany’s tummy is some sort of black hole, “I mean, three family sized pizzas…. uhmm the flavor--” Wendy handed the phone towards Tiffany.

 

“So one box of pepperoni, one three cheese, and one all meat, everything stuffed crust, oooh, also add one of those baked potato things.” Tiffany handed back the phone to a speechless Wendy.

 

“...uhm, uhm, yeah. Okay, yes that’s the correct address. Okay, thanks.” and Wendy ended the call, staring at Tiffany dead straight in the eyes before opening and saying,

 

“Oink oink” And Tiffany’s eyesmile turned into a glare.

 

“YAH!! You’re hanging out way too much with Sooyoung! I swear I will call  her and tell her a piece of my mind! That stupid stick is corrupting you.” Wendy rolled her eyes for the nth time that day before going back to what she was doing.

 

“ugh, Wendyyyy, give me attention!!! I didn’t go here to be ignored!” Her cousin whined and she sighed.

 

“Then go back to Taeyeon unnie”

 

“But she’s with that Kwon, I swear, one day I’m just going to tie her to me.”

 

“Aren’t you too young for marriage?” Wendy asked, closing her laptop and finally gracing her cousin with attention that the older one had been wanting.

 

“I-I-I didn’t meant that!”

 

“A-huh and I’m blind”

 

“YAH! How--” the doorbell rang and Tiffany’s glaring eyes turned to an excited crescent ones.

 

I’ll get it.” Wendy mocked and stood up from her bed to answer the door. She was thinking about the possibilities that her cousin might be bipolar when she opened the door and was met with the most breath-stopping smile and non-existent eyes.

 

“Pizza Delivery~ Miss Wendy?” the girl said and Wendy forgot how to speak. “Miss? uhmm, Wendy?”

 

“WENDY IS THE PIZZA THERE YET?!” Tiffany shouted from her room and that brought her out of her little world.

 

“Oh, english...” She heard the delivery girl mumble under her breath. “Uhmm, pizza...you order?” the girl asked and it was soooo cute Wendy couldn’t help but grin at her before replying in korean.

 

“Yes, pizza! You can speak korean to me if that’s more comfortable~” and she could visibly see the girl relax before grinning back at her.

 

“So… you ordered pizza?”

 

“Yes, yes we did~”

 

“Here~” the girl handed the pizza boxes, “Pepperoni, three cheese, all meat, and baked potatoes. Careful, it’s hot, don’t want you to burn yourself. You must be having a party~” She smiled and Wendy was reminded of a cute bear as she took the food out of the girl's hands, subtly brushing fingers that made her heart do some sort of flip from inside her.

 

“Oh, no! Actually my cousin is craving for some american food and she kinda eats a lot.” Wendy giggled and the girl smiled wider at her. “Oh, here~” Wendy pulled out some cash in her pocket and handed it to the cute girl.

 

“Keep the change~” Wendy grinned and the girl’s eyes turned wide before giving her a smile that could cure cancer, eyes turning into slits before waving a goodbye and walking away. Wendy stared at the girl as she disappeared round the corner of the hallway of the building. She let out a soft sigh, hugging the pizza boxes close to her.


 

And from then on, it’s like she’s addicted. Not to the pizza, no. Addicted to wanting to see the face again.

 

 


 

 

The second time she called was just two days after, she ordered a box of pizza for her dinner. She figured that maybe she’ll see the girl again if she ordered around the same time as last time. She had even dressed up after placing her order in hopes of impressing the cute delivery girl.

 

The doorbell chimed and out of her giddiness, she had tripped trying to answer it. She quickly stood up and composed herself before opening the door.

 

“Hello, pizza delivery.” came a cold tone. Wendy smiled at the girl carrying her boxes of pizza , looking at her disinterested and just waiting for this delivery transaction to be over.

 

“Uhm, yes, thanks.” Wendy handed her the exact amount plus some tip before subtly scanning the hallway thinking that maybe the cute girl would appear.

 

“Thanks.” The delivery girl mumbled before walking away from her. She sighed as she closed the door.

 

 



 

She ordered 2 more boxes of pizza the next day for lunch and once again waited for her doorbell to ring. Once it did, she had took in a deep breath before opening her apartment door only to be met with familiar eyes but not quite the ones she wanted to see.

 

“Pizza?”

 

“Yes.” and the girl handed her the box. Wendy looked around once again, not being very subtle at all. “Uhm… do you always deliver at this time….?” she asked before she internally facepalmed herself at how that sounded. The girl looked at her curiously before answering.

 

“...yeah…..”

 

“But you also delivered last night?”

 

“......yeahhh….” and this time Wendy noticed the expression on the girl’s face screaming ‘STRANGER DANGER’. So she tried to save herself.

 

“Oh, is that so. I’m Wendy by the way….”

 

“..............................that’s ten dollars for the pizza, Miss….” the girl stated. Wendy flushed and quickly pulled some money and tip to give to the girl. “Thanks.” The girl was quick to run away from her. She groaned before closing the door.

 

“Great.”

 



 

She ordered again that night, thinking that since that girl delivered earlier maybe the cute girl would be on shift around this hour. She called and ordered before taking a quick bath. She had just finished getting dressed when the doorbell rang and she was met with two figures, one hovering the shorter girl.

 

“Uhmm, Pizza?” Wendy almost choked when she saw how pretty this delivery girl is, like what is it in that Revel’s shop, do they hire goddesses or something. “Hello?”

 

“Be careful, unnie, she’s really weird.” the familiar girl whispered and Wendy looked alarmed.

 

“What! I am not!” she glared.

 

“Joy, shh, she’s the customer!” The pretty delivery girl whispered.

 

“I’m just being careful, Irene unnie. Don’t want you being harassed by someone.” Joy specifically glared at Wendy as she said the last part and the latter would’ve been so offended if it wasn’t for this Irene girl elbowing this satanic one before looking at her with a smile.

 

“So, you ordered pizza?”

 

“Yes!”

 

“She ordered pizza earlier too.. this creep...” Joy whispered and Irene elbowed her again.

 

“Here you go~ I’m sorry about her.” Irene motioned to Joy behind her who was still glaring at Wendy. “She’s a bit over dramatic.”

 

“OVER DRAMATIC?!! UNNIE I AM YOUR GIRLFRIEND AND THIS GIRL IS REALLY CREEPY--”

 

“That’ll be ten dollars please.” Irene smiled at Wendy totally ignoring the fuming girl behind her.

 

“oh, yes. uhmm, here.” Wendy gave the money and tip to Irene.

 

“Thank you!~” Irene bowed before waving goodbye and walking away, pulling Joy by the collar. Wendy smiled at the two before remembering why she had ordered the pizza in the first place.

 

“AISh! I didn’t get to ask them about that cute girl. ugh.”

 

 



 

And she ordered the next day, and the day after that, and the day after that, and the day after that. She has tasted the entire menu of ReVel’s shop but still no cute girl in sight. Now,she just orders pizza at random times a day and just stacks them at her table in hopes that maybe she will see the cute girl again.

 

“This is like your 4th pizza order today.” Irene had commented as she just waltz in Wendy’s apartment followed by Joy who went straight to the fridge to get a drink. Her relationship with the two had become like this, with them just opening her door without even knocking.

 

“Yes, I know.” Wendy sighed, sitting by the kitchen counter and looking straight ahead, disappointment evident in her voice. She should just give up.

 

“You haven’t even touch these, unnie.” Joy commented, pointing at the piles of unopened pizza boxes on the table.

 

“Yes, I know.” and the two delivery girls had looked at each other in question before Joy nodded at Irene.

 

“Soooooooo. Why do you keep ordering pizza if you’re not even eating them? I mean, don’t get me wrong, it’s good for my business and all but don’t you like our pizza?” Wendy sighed before looking at the oldest.

 

“Bear.” was all she said before handing her payment towards the two and going back to staring blankly at the wall.

 

 



 

Wendy had given up. She didn’t order pizza the next day, instead, she stood in front of her dinner table that was filled with boxes and boxes of untouched pizza, half of them almost rotting, she sighed before starting to clean it up. She’s still blaming her cousin and will call her in a while to tell her how it’s all her fault. She placed the boxes on one huge garbage bag and went out to throw it in the trash shoot by the end of the hallway on the floor of her condo unit. She sighed once again as she went back to her unit only to find someone standing in front of her door, ringing the bell.

 

“Excuse me?” She called out from behind her and the girl turned around. Wendy got stunned by the smile and the oh so warm familiar eyes that she’s been longing to see.

 

“Pizza delivery?” the girl smiled.

 

“I-I didn’t order...”

 

“It’s okay, Wendy. Irene unnie said it’s on the house. I’m Seulgi by the way~” the girl extended her hands and the shorter one looked like a fish out of water as the bear like girl held her hand.

 

“How-how? How?” Seulgi eyes turned into non existent crescents and Wendy had unabashedly swooned.

 

“You said something about wanting to meet me? I’m not sure.. Actually, you were the last delivery I made on my last day of work and it was a shame. I wanted to deliver here more often after seeing someone so beautiful living here.” Wendy thinks her heart might run out of her chest by the way it’s pumping.

 

“O-oh.”

 

“Soooo”

 

“............”

 

“....okay?....”

 

“..............................”

 

“uhmm, either Irene unnie gave me the wrong information about this being a date or---”

 

“D-d-date?!”

 

“yeah. hahaha.” Seulgi laughed awkwardly, the pizza box almost toppling over.

 

“It is?”

 

“It was supposed to be...”

 

“I mean,no-”

 

“No?”

 

“Yes!”

 

“Yes, it’s not a date?” Seulgi asked, eyebrows scrunched and looking distressed, Wendy let out a small squeal before holding onto the taller one’s free hand and grinning widely.

 

“Yes, it’s a date. Why don’t you come in. I’ve been waiting to see you for a long time.” Seulgi smiled and nodded as she looked at Wendy like she’s something that she’s been waiting to see too. And for some reason, Wendy thought about thanking Tiffany instead.