Music Room

Cotton Candy

It was a fine perfect day in Soshi High, the students are just entering the school gates and their classrooms. A little lady was seen frolicking towards her homeroom and sitting down wearing an excited and happy face. She looked beside her and saw that her best friend is already seated in her assigned seat.

 

“Good morning, Satan!~” she greeted, and the Satan gave her the most charming smile.

 

“Morning dwarf!~”

 

“Yah! I’m almost the same height as you!” the ‘dwarf’ playfully slapped Satan’s arm and the latter did the same as she shouted back,

 

“YAH YAH, where are your manners? I’m older than you!”

 

“Aish! Stop it, Joy unnie! I swear, I will tell Irene unnie on you!” Joy quickly stopped the slapping and smiled evilly at the younger one.


“You wouldn’t do that to your precious Joy unnie, right Yerimi?~~”  Yeri glared and was about to say a comeback when a figure walked inside followed by another one. Joy looked at who Yeri was staring at and began staring herself. The taller figure had pulled the chair out for the smaller one before placing a blanket on the latter’s lap. The taller figure then began taking out the things that’s needed for their first class and arranging them on the smaller one’s table while the smaller one looked at her with a pout before casting her eyes to the two girls staring at them.

 

“Good morning~” the smaller one greeted with a radiant smile.

 

“Good morning, Yeri, Joy.” the taller one gave them a small wave before arranging her own things on her table just beside the smaller one.

 

“G-good morning, Wendy unnie, Seulgi unnie.” the two youngest greeted the same time before looking away and pushing each other for being stupidly caught gawking.


 

Yeri knew Wendy Son. Heck,  everyone knew who Wendy Son is. Wendy is the heiress of the biggest and most successful entertainment and broadcasting company in the whole of Korea. Not to mention that she’s the top 1 in academics in their school, she can sing, she can dance, she plays every sports imaginable, and is the nicest, most humble person Yeri has ever met. But most importantly, Wendy has Kang Seulgi.

 

Kang Seulgi, is Wendy’s personal butler. As far as Yeri knew, Seulgi had been beside Wendy since birth. She’s quiet, but charismatic, she spaces out a lot, but she’s actually pretty smart, she dances so well, but would rather just attend to Wendy’s every needs, she can also sing, but would rather hear Wendy’s voice. You will never see Wendy without Seulgi and vice versa. It’s like the two are a buy one take one promo. And Yeri firmly believes that there’s a lot more going on between the two.

 

 



 

Yeri got transferred mid-school year on her sophomore year. She was running late for class on her first day and had accidentally barged in the music room where she first got sight of the heiress and the butler.

 

“I’M SORRY I’M LATE!” Yeri shouted as she opened the door to what she thought her room was, but was met with two people inside, looking at her. Silence engulfed them. Yeri felt like she had just ruined something private, something intimate, even tho the two were only talking, the shorter one sitting in front of the piano, while the bear-like one is leaning against the board.

 

“Hello. Are you lost?” Wendy greeted as she stood up, Seulgi quickly going beside her. Wendy shot Seulgi a look and the latter deflated back to her previous position.

 

“Uhm, I’m new and lost.”

 

“Hello, new and lost, I’m Wendy and that’s Seulgi.” the girl giggled and Yeri blushed and looked away, noticing Seulgi’s scowl by the board.

 

“My name’s Yeri. Uhm, I’m a transfer student and….I’m sorry for disturbing you...”

 

“It’s no problem, Yeri-ah~” Wendy patted the younger one’s head which made Yeri blush even harder, “Why don’t you tell me where your class is, and Seulgi and I can help you out.”

 

“uhh, I’m in class 2-A”

 

“Oh, that’s mine and Seulgi’s class. The teacher is out sick, so we have the period free.”

 

“Oh, then that’s great. I really thought I’m late!” Yeri exclaimed, happy that she didn’t have to make such a bad impression on her first day.

 

“We can walk you back to our room, Yeri.”

 

“Really, unnie? Thank you!”

 

“Unnie?” Wendy asked, Seulgi already behind her with their bags on both shoulders.

 

“Oh.. uh yeah, I’m accelerated by two years…. That’s why I got transferred in the middle of the school year here...”

 

“Oh wow! You must be really smart!” Wendy praised and Yeri blushed even more.

 

“Not really...” Yeri answered as the two older ones walked her back to class. Yeri may be smart but apparently Wendy is a genius.

 



 

The second time she had the feeling that two were something more was around after spring break. Yeri was being chased by Joy for accidentally blurting out Joy’s crush on their sunbae Irene unnie. Least to say, she’s running for her life because satan had swore to do horrible things to her when she catches her. She went inside the music room and hid inside the instruments cabinet there--she had to take out the large tuba but anything to save her life. She was silently praying when she heard the door to the room open and close.

 

“What is wrong with you?! Why did you do that?!” a familiar voice whisper-shouted.

 

“He was standing so close to you! And not to mention, even advancing on you!” another familiar voice shouted in a whisper. Yeri opened the door of the cabinet to take a peek and her eyes widened at the realization that it was her classmates, Wendy and Seulgi.

 

“He was just trying to help me out!” the shorter one defended.

 

“Help you out with what?! I could’ve done it!” Seulgi glared.

 

“...........”

 

“You think I don’t know that he confessed to you that other day when you asked me to get back here in this room because you think you forgot something?” Yeri saw a vein throb in Seulgi’s forehead and she thought about just coming out of the cabinet and saying sorry and running away as fast as she could but then she was to chicken to do that. Ha! She’ll bribe Joy with chicken later as form of an apology but for now, she really needs to stay quiet.

 

“H-How did you know about that?”

 

“I saw the letter on your bedroom desk.” Wendy gasped.

 

“How dare you read that!”

 

“I am your butler and personal bodyguard, I have to know if you are being threatened!”

 

“Well, I am not!”

 

“You should stay away from him too.” Seulgi mumbled.

 

“And who are you to tell me that?! You’re nothing but my butler!” Wendy shouted and Yeri had noticed the different emotions that passed through Seulgi’s eyes until it was just empty and blank. Wendy has her hands on , eyes wide in shock. There was a deafening silence in the room and Yeri wanted to shout, to scream, to say BOOYAH, anything to stop this earth-shattering silence.  

 

“S-Seu-”

 

“I’m sorry, Miss Son. I forgot my place.” Seulgi gave a ninety degree bow before straightening out, “I’ll inform Yoona that she is to clean your room from now on. We should head back to class, Miss Son, the next subject will start soon.” she waited for Wendy to start walking back before following a step or two behind the heiress and closing the music room door. Yeri came out of the cabinet slowly, waiting a few minutes before she exited the music room.

 

“KIM YERIM!!!!!”

 

“CRAP, I FORGOT JOY UNNIE!” And then she started running for her life.

 



 

It was a week later when Yeri found herself alone with Wendy in that same music room. They have been chosen to compose a song for the graduation ceremony of the seniors. Yeri had noticed how the two older girls have been acting off, having witnessed the scene from last week. Seulgi had been stiff with her interactions with Wendy. The bear would call Wendy ‘Miss Son’ and would often keep to herself unless talked to. Yeri had also noticed the bags under Wendy’s eyes. She decided she’ll try to at least make Wendy happy while they work.

 

“Unnie~ do you have any ideas on what to compose?” she asked. Wendy who looks deep in thought finally looked up and gave Yeri a weak smile.

 

“I’m thinking something soft and mellow, since it’s for the graduation ceremony.”

 

“Hmm, that’s a good idea, unnie. Is piano with guitar accompaniment sound good to you?”

 

“Yeah, that would be nice. Do you want to play the piano or the guitar?”

 

“Hmmm, piano~” Wendy smiled and nodded in understanding.

 

“I’ll get the guitar then.”

 

“Okay, unnie, do you mind if we open the window? The fresh air would feel good~” Yeri asked and the older one had nodded her head as she grabbed the guitar in its stand. Yeri trotted off towards the window and tried to open it up but the window wouldn’t budge. She tried again but still the window the doesn’t want to open.

 

“Do you need help?” Wendy asked.

 

“Yeah, unnie. I think it’s stuck.”

 

“Okay, wait.” the older one walked towards Yeri and tried to open the window but stopped mid-way, hands still gripping the lock. Yeri looked curiously at Wendy and saw that the latter had her eyes trained somewhere. Yeri followed the heiress’s line of sight and saw Seulgi leaning on the tree beneath them, eyes crinkled in laughter as she talked and laughed with a girl that Yeri vaguely remembers the name of… she tried to think of the name. Was it, Krisha? Kristmas? Kristine? Krys...tal? Yeah, Krystal. The girl’s name was Krystal.

 

“U-unnie...” Yeri called out but Wendy’s eyes seemed too focused on the scene below them. Seulgi had been talking animatedly and Krystal had laughed cutely at it and even playfully slapped Seulgi’s arms and the latter only laughed some more. Krystal then gestured something and Seulgi had given the former her right hand, eyebrow raise in question but playful smile still in place, Krystal then began to pull Seulgi into somewhat a dance step. Yeri heard a crack and saw that the lock to the window had broken, Wendy’s hands still gripping it tightly, fingers bleeding from the force. Yeri’s eyes widened in shock.

 

“UNNIE, YOU’RE BLEEDING!!!!” she shouted and that seems to wake Wendy up. Yeri vaguely saw Seulgi move and next thing she knows, Seulgi was carrying Wendy bridal style and placing her gently to sit on one of the tables, whipping out a first aid kit from somewhere.

 

“Seul, I’m fine.”

 

“I swear to God, Seungwan, I leave you for a bit and then you bleed to death-”

 

“I’m not bleeding to death, it was just a scratch-”

 

“If anything happens to you, I will freaking burn this whole building down-”

 

“Stop over-reacting-”

 

“Look at all these blood! I think I need to bring you to the hospital-” Wendy rolled her eyes.

 

“You don’t have to-”

 

“Maybe I need to bandage your whole hand-” and Seulgi just kept rambling and rambling as she tended to Wendy’s fingers.

 

“I’m sorry.” That made the rambling stop along with the tending and the bear froze.

 

“W-what...”

 

“I’m sorry for last week. I’m sorry for what I said. You know I didn’t mean that. You know what you are to me, right?” Seulgi looked away.

 

“I’m only your butler, Miss Son.” she mumbled and Wendy lifted the bear’s chin up to face her.

 

“You’re more than that.” she whispered and Yeri felt like she’s intruding again, so she quietly exited the room. She catches a glimpse of a smiling Seulgi before she closed the door and that made her smile too, the project with Wendy can wait.

 

 



 

The next time Yeri had witnessed Seulgi and Wendy’s moments was when she was kicked out by Joy to get some snacks for them and Irene unnie. She went to the little vending machine near the music room and heard laughter from inside. Being curious, she peeked by the door’s window and sees Wendy laughing while Seulgi’s twirling her around, grinning from ear to ear.

 

“Now, now, Miss Son, you know you have to perfect this dance for that party you’re attending on the weekend.” Seulgi chastised playfully. Wendy glared playfully, hands still intertwined with Seulgi’s.

 

“The party we’re attending.” she corrected.

 

“I don’t understand why Yoona can’t be the one to accompany you. I hate parties.” Seulgi pouted.

 

“Because Yoona’s not my bodyguard~” Wendy answered, running her thumb across the bear’s lips.

 

“But she’ll be a much better company for the party!”

 

“Hmm. That is true… And if she’s the one to accompany me, I can dance with anyone I want!” Wendy grinned, turning away from Seulgi. The latter had this panicked look on her face before pulling the shorter one back into her arms.

 

“Nope! Not going to happen! Miss Son is not allowed to dance with anyone without me looking up the person’s background and personal profile. Speaking of that, I heard that the heiress of the Kim Corp is coming too. You know, Miss Taeyeon? You better stay away from her, I read from sources that she’s a ert and like touching butts...”

 

“But isn’t she together with the one of those other heiresses? The Hwang one or the Kwon one, I’m not so sure.”

 

“I don’t care. All I care about is you.”

 

“............” Wendy circled her arms around Seulgi’s waist, leaned in towards the bear before whispering loud enough for Yeri to hear, “All I care about is you too.” and Yeri saw Seulgi sigh happily and it was her cue to stop eavesdropping.

 



 

The last time Yeri had observed the two was just earlier that day, early in the morning, when she passed by the music room on her way to homeroom. She heard a crash and a groan from inside and was about to see what it all was when she heard the now ever so familiar voices of her two favorite people to spy on. She had quickly peeked (she has become an expert at this) through the door’s window once again.

 

“Seul! Are you okay?” Wendy asked worriedly as she helped Seulgi up from the floor.

 

“Yeah, I’m good.”

 

“I told you to just get the ladder, why don’t you listen?” the younger one chastised as she looked if Seulgi is hurt anywhere. The latter just rolled her eyes.

 

“I would’ve been okay if someone didn’t distract me with their hands on my legs. Seriously Miss Son ever since you hanged out with Taeyeon unnie, you became like this.”

 

“Yah, Seulgi! Are you calling me a ert?!”

 

“Well…. with everything earlier….” Seulgi mumbled looking away. Wendy’s face was red and Seulgi glanced at the heiress before smirking.

 

“KANG SEULGIIIIIII”

 

“You don’t have to shout my name, Miss Son~”

 

“Aish, this dumb bear”

 

“Yah!”

 

“I was only trying to help you balance yourself!”

 

“By caressing my thighs?!”

 

“YOU WERE TOO TALL! I had to go on tippy-toes to hold you...” Wendy mumbled the last part and Seulgi found it really adorable that she just smiled and pulled the former into a tight hug.

 

“It’s okay, Seungwannie~ I’m yours, so it’s okay.” Seulgi mumbled and Wendy smiled, pulling out of the hug just enough to look at her bear properly.


“You have my heart, Seul, always.” Wendy confessed before leaning in for a kiss. Yeri choked back a squeal and ran towards her home room happily.

 
 

A/N: Hellooo~

This is the HeiressxButler AU that kwonkeira143 requested~ I hope you like it ^^

If you have AU requests, please feel free to tell me~
As usual, comments and feedbacks are appreciated :D

Till next time~~