Nightmares

Cotton Candy

 

It was a weird day for Wendy. It had started the moment she woke up without her bear by her side. She had a moment of panic since Seulgi usually wakes up at a much later time and here she is… Alone on the bed…

 

The door opened and in came the love of her life carrying a breakfast tray filled with things Wendy loves.

 

“Morning, Wan~” Wendy noticed the hoarseness of the older ones voice and cocked her head curiously. “I made you breakfast~” Seulgi placed the tray on the bed and the younger one saw that it was all her favorites, a bit burned but edible nonetheless.

 

“What’s the occasion? Shouldn’t I be the one making you this since it was just your birthday?” There was a moment of silence with just Seulgi staring straight at her eyes with so many emotions swirling in them that Wendy feels like she’s drowning.

 

“I love you.” Seulgi uttered with so much sincerity and emotion that Wendy had to take a moment because she just lost her breath. She’s so speechless that she just started eating the food on the tray.

 

It continued on for the whole day. Seulgi had made Wendy a hot bath after eating breakfast, pouring her favorite scented bubble soap and fluffing up the neck pillow by the bath tub. After that, she gave the younger one a massage and peppered her with kisses and Wendy admits that she’s loving this extra attention from her lover.

 

“I’ll go make us lunch~” Wendy announced after a few extra cuddling sessions and was about to get out of the bed when Seulgi had grabbed her arms in panic. She looked back and saw the flash of anxiety in the latter's eyes before it was gone.

 

“I-I’ll help you”

 

“.......okay” and with that they both got out of bed with Seulgi not letting go of Wendy’s hands until they reached the kitchen.

 

“What do you want to eat?” She asked the bear as she opened the fridge to look for something to make as Seulgi sat down on the table, eyes never straying away from Wendy’s face and figure.

 

“Anything you make is great~” she eyesmiled and Wendy’s heart fluttered with warmth.

 

“Sandwich?” A nod and she was placing two plates and bread slices in each of them, chopping out vegetables and placing cold cuts on top of it. She glanced up at Seulgi only to see her bear’s eyes swirling again with the same emotion and warmth from earlier and she now noticed another underlying feeling that she can’t pinpoint.

 

“Are you okay?” She finally asked, handing the plate of sandwich to Seulgi who looked at her curiously.

 

“Yeah. Why wouldn’t I be? The most important person, the love of my life, is standing in front of me handing me a sandwich~” She grinned as Wendy blushed a deep red. “I love you so much, you know that right?” And Wendy was once again speechless. She was electrified at how Seulgi can just say those three words to her and make her feel instantly like jelly.

 

They decided to take a walk and go grocery shopping after their lunch and Seulgi hasn't let go of Wendy’s hands ever since. They were inside the supermarket and were happily shopping for a few minutes when Seulgi lost sight of the younger one. She’s doused with alarm as her head quickly went left and right in search of her love.

 

“So I saw this and I know you’ll like--Are you okay?” Wendy asked, placing a hand on Seulgi’s arm as she looked at the latter who has her small eyes wide open. The bear exhaled and Wendy got more worried.

 

“I-i’m okay now…”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“You’re here so I’m more than okay” and Wendy didn't know what to say. Seulgi never took her eyes away from her the whole time and that night, when they were tucked in bed, Seulgi had held on to her tightly as the bear whispered ‘I love you’s’ to her until both of them fell asleep.

 


 

Seulgi had continued showering Wendy with affection and gentle touches for days and her birthday was filled with the same touches but this time mixed with more need and urgency. They had made love once her birthday party was over up until the sun was up and Seulgi had held her all night and made her reach bliss so many times she lost count. But when the bear thought she was asleep, Seulgi would then whisper more sweet nothings, I love you’s, and hold her so gently like she’s on the brink of disappearing. It made her heart swell with affection and for flowers to grow in her mind. It was so endearing….until it wasn’t.

 

 

Wendy woke up one night with an empty space beside her. She groggily took the covers off of her and quietly searched for her other half. She went out and heard sniffles from the living room, she had quickly walked towards it and saw her bear wiping tears from her eyes as she whispers Wendy’s name over and over again. She made her way back to the bedroom confused at everything and tried to think as to why her bear is acting like this. She heard some shuffling closing in on their bedroom and she had closed her eyes, pretending to be fast asleep. The bed dipped in Seulgi’s side and soon, the latter had gave Wendy a gentle and sweet kiss on the lips before enveloping her in a hug and whispering an I love you before drifting off to sleep.

 



 

“She’s scaring me, unnie!” Wendy had shouted the next day as she met up with the two Juhyun’s.

 

“Don’t over exaggerate, Wan.” Irene mumbled, sipping her milkshake.

 

“I’m not! Unnie, she’s been acting weird lately, not to mention all the I love you’s she’s confessing!”

 

“Shouldn’t you be happy?” Seohyun asked as she took Irene’s milkshake and sipped it making the latter pout in disapproval.

 

“I was.. I MEAN I AM! But after witnessing her crying last night, I can’t help but thin--” She gasped, “Unnie…. what if she’s sick and dying? ohmygod ohmygod ohmygoooooooodddddddddd” Wendy panicked, grabbing her phone and was about to call their doctor, Sooyoung, to make an appointment, when Irene grabbed her hand.

 

“Now, okay, don’t jump to conclusions. calm down. Here have a drink.” Irene grabbed her milkshake back and shoved it towards the hyperventilating hamster.

 

“Seulgi’s like the healthiest person I know.” Seohyun assured before scrunching her eyebrows, “Wait, that’s you. Seulgi always eats so unhealthily like how can one person just inhale 4 cans of pringles in a day?? Seriously she’s going to die ear--”

 

“NOT. HELPING. SEOH.” Irene glared at the other glare as she now tried to calm a hyperventilating AND sobbing Wendy in front of her.

 

“I-I mean! She’s not dying! She’s not gonna die! Ohmygosh Wendy please stop crying!” Seohyun panicked. It took the two girls 15 minutes to make their friend stop sobbing and hyperventilating.

 

“Unnies….lately she’s been looking at me with something I can’t point out before...”

 

“And now?” Seohyun asked.

 

“She’s been looking at me like I’m going to disappear any time soon…”

 

“.......”

 

“Her touches feels different...like she needs to make sure I’m there…..unnie what is wrong with her? Is she going to leave me or something?” Wendy was crying once again and the two began to panic and try to calm the younger one again.

 

 



 

“Seulgi, we need to talk.” was the first thing the bear hears as she entered their living room. Her heart hammered in her chest. Did she do something? She checked the things in her head: She remembered to buy Wendy’s favorite food, she did the grocery shopping earlier, she had cleaned the house, vacuumed the floor, took out the garbage, fed the stray cat by the garbage can, ate ice cream as a reward, watered the plants.

 

Wait did she?

 

Holybananas! She forgot to water the plants! Why do they have plants in the first place?! She told Wendy it’s going to die but the latter insisted and now she’s going die from killing Wendy’s plants. Her eyes were already tearing up at the thought of her love getting mad at her.

 

“Sit.” Wendy motioned to the chair in front of her and Seulgi had obediently sat down with her head low. They were quiet for a while before the younger one sighed.

 

“Seul…. I...you’ve been acting weird the past weeks-” Seulgi’s head shot right up, this is not the conversation she was expecting.

 

“I AM NOT CHEATING ON YOU, WENDY!”

 

“I didn’t say that! And besides, I know you won’t do that to me or else I’ll burn whoever it is that’ll try to take you away from me alive.”she paused, composing herself and trying to get the irritating thought of another girl hugging her Seulgi out of her mind, before staring at Seulgi’s eyes with affection, “Seul… last night.. I woke up and you weren’t there beside me… Why were you crying, Seul?”

 

“...........................”

 

“Are you ill? Do you only have a few months to live? Why do you look at me like I’m going to vanish soon? Your touches are filled with more tenderness than before… why are-”

 

“I-I’m not ill nor am I dying, Wan. I’m not going to let that happen since I still need to marry you and have babies with you and grow old with you.” Seulgi smiled before continuing, “Actually… I’ve been having recurring nightmares.”

 

“About?” Wendy reached out and caressed her lover’s cheek.

 

“You.” the bear answered as she let her cheek rest of Wendy’s palm.

 

“What about?”

 

“You were always disappearing…. I was holding you and then suddenly you’re gone. I lost you. I tried searching but you weren’t there. I was so scared that I always woke up with tears and I need to check and make sure you’re beside me. That you’re real.” Seulgi explained and Wendy had quickly stood up from her spot and went beside the taller one and gave her a tight hug.

 

“Oh, love~ You are never, never, gonna lose me. I’m here to stay and have babies and grow old with you and only you.” the younger one confessed and Seulgi had pulled her to sit on her lap before hugging her tightly and nuzzling her face on Wendy’s neck.

 

“I thought you were mad that I didn’t water your stupid plants...”

 

“............you should water them before I get mad…..” and with that Seulgi had quickly and gently pushed Wendy away from her and stood up in a rush. She was about to walk away when Wendy pulled her in for a kiss.

 

“I love you yesterday, I love you today, I’ll love you tomorrow, and I’ll love you till my last breath, okay?” Wendy professed.

 

“And I’ll love you everyday like I’m gonna lose you.” Seulgi winked before walking in a hurry to water the plants.


 


A/N: Hello, this is just a drabble I wrote quickly because I've been listening to Seulgi's Like I'm gonna lose you cover as I break myself some more hahahahahahaahahahaha okayyyyy.
As always, if you have ideas or AU's, you can just leave it in the comments and I'll try to make something from it~

Till next time!~
-Bunneh